• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have two. One is a 1990s Case knife I was given after my grandpa died.

The other is a sword I pulled out of this stone. I didn’t see what the big deal was, but I got a new job out of it.

Ooh! If you're The Guy, watch out for your half-sister. She's got issues.

Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    My Queen Steel#39, Mom and Dad gave it to me for Christmas the first year my wife and I were married 51 years ago. I only carry it during deer season and it's taken care of who knows how many deer.

blbmonster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I've got 3 knives and a Multitool that I will never sell. All from my wife, who cant believe that knives cost more than a couple bucks. ZT 0095, Spyderco Dragonfly in ZDP-189, Spyderco Shaman Bladehq M4 exclusive with DLC coat and a Titanium Leatherman Charge+. Funny story actually. The first knife she ever bought me was for Christmas. A Winchester 6 inch $24.99 Walmart special. I love her for it and I even took it to Iraq with me. (I beat that sucker up trying to hack a Camel Spider) I love her for it though, she's come a long way. So I lied, There's 5 I will never get rid of.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I have a old KA-BAR USMC which was a gift from a friend, a Frank Richtig 6" kitchen knife which was my granny's go to, some old Zwillings from mom,a Case Canoe from dad,and some Bucks that were gifts from the kids,anb some old Schrades from a cousin.All the rest are just knives.

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    I have a knife that I will never part with. A friend for the past forty plus year gave me a skinning knife his father made from scratch many years ago. He heat treated the blade and made the handle from a walnut tree that had died in his yard. It holds an edge like no other. He only made a dozen or so and I am proud to own one.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    My father gave me his Gerber MK11 to carry on my first deployment and I bought a new one while on a 72, and when I returned home I returned returned his to him.
    38 years later when my older son was preparing to deploy to Afghanistan, my father being plagued by Parkinson's asked me to give his Gerber to my older son, he still carries it when necessary as a GySgt in the MC. My little one, A Cpl deployed last Nov to Japan and I gave him my Gerber to own and use as he sees fit. Hes had some great training while there at Schwab and Gonslaves. Looks like hes been extended two months. Both are beat up pitted and ugly, but still do the job.

Thank you Mr Holzman and Gerber.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would like to hear/(read) this story

We were in Ramadi in 2007. I was a truck driver and we would resupply the FOBs were 3/7 was at and refuel and resupply several Iraqi police stations and the governement center where we would see the Iraqi army from time to time.

We had some time to kill and were in their little market shop at the gov center. We started talking to the guys that were there and one guy saw my cheap timex watch. He wanted it, so I asked what he had for trade. He pulls out his plan jane ak bayo and says watch and smokes. All I had was a carton of Marlboro reds left as I was smoking 2 packs a day back then. So we traded and now it sits in my footlocker in the attic.

Another guy at a different time had current issued Iraqi currency and I traded him a Gerber multitool which was given to us from supply. I think in 2010ish time it was worth 7 or 8 bucks american when I looked.

Since supply would want to use one of our trucks we would get free stuff all the time, so I had 3 multitools, a coyote polartec fleece, a fleece beanie, a green footlocker, and some extra knee and elbow pads. In 06 the cooks would give us drinks and food for use of our trucks and drivers. We would have bbqs every sunday. We also would help move food around in the freezers since we were getting steaks and burgers.

Another time a Iraqi colonel was in their little shop and he gave us some arm bands and patches since we were doing a great job. An Iraqi policeman also gave me a short aleeeve button up shirt and iraqi police armbands for 10 bucks american.

It was good times indeed but my 06 deployment and first I remember more and still keep in touch with those guys and see some every so often. I think I have less than a dozen from our 2nd deployment platoon on my friends list and almost a full platoon from 06.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Only have two I would never sell.

My benchmade 710 m2hs i bought like 20 years ago. Carried for roughly 14 years. It spent two years on the bottom of my lake. When i was dredging with a magnet by my pier looking for my glasses, i found it. Sent to BM. They fixed it up free and sent back. Still the best knife ive ever bought.

And my grandfathers eagle scout knife circa late 1930s. He carried it his entire life including during wwii.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have a old KA-BAR USMC which was a gift from a friend, a Frank Richtig 6" kitchen knife which was my granny's go to, some old Zwillings from mom,a Case Canoe from dad,and some Bucks that were gifts from the kids,anb some old Schrades from a cousin.All the rest are just knives.

Santa will be bringing me a Case Canoe in blue denim bone for Christmas this year. My plan is to carry it for a while then gift it to my son when he's a little older. He's only 5 now.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Schrade Uncle Henry LB 8 and standard LB 5. Both are an easy 30+ years old and made when they made quality knives. While I have a variety of other knives, those 2 will never go anywhere. To many memories to even consider selling or trading them. They are both retired now to a place of honor in a dresser drawer in favor of a Leatherman PST 2, but all I have to do is look at them and a plethora of memories come flooding back. Nope, they're not going anywhere. In fact, I think I'll go say hello to them and discuss old times.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Back in the day a nice knife with a penny taped to it was the traditional Christmas present. After Pop passed Sis and I divvied up a good sized tool box full of mostly unused knives. It got down to where I was letting my daughters take my turn so they'd have something of their Grandpa's. Not very many of them real top of the line hunters or skinners, but the sentimental value is pretty high.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I have 2.
    *A French bayonet (more like a short sword) that my father's uncle brought home from WW1.
    *A Buck "Sod Buster Jr.". Once upon a time when a 10 year old could go into a hardware store and buy a knife without parental supervision, I got one using the money I'd saved from turning in empty soda bottles for the deposit (of course I needed parental approval to bring it home). As kids do, I lost it. Fast forward 20 years, a co-worker was reselling pocket knives and had one. It's a safe queen so I'm not worried about losing it this time.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I have a couple of my grandpa's knives that will never be sold. A Camillus Boy Scout knife and his USMC Kabar that he had when he served (1945-1948 I think).

Top Bottom