• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Is his mark a beard? There's a "beard" symbol marked on the blade, but it doesn't show in the photo because it's up in the dark area.

This website sells a lot of Jeff White knives and here's a picture that shows his mark fairly well. I'd bet it's a Jeff White knife. I love his blades and if I had to pick only one knife for the rest of my days, it'd be one of his. They are an absolute bargain.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Yup... That's the same mark... Nice to know I got a decent knife from a well know maker. I just liked it because it was very basic. Plain, yet sturdy sheath, simple blade with an old school look, but very solidly built with very sharp top edge for striking sparks, and a comfy yet attractive handle. It's probably going to be my primary fieldcraft / camp knife.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    That's exactly what they make those for. They aren't trying to make show piece items that never see a days work like most of a knife picture thread. They are looking for a good working quality blade that'll serve you well for as long as you take care of it. Those guys make a fine blade!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Spyderco Subvert

4AjOa0Z.jpg

zMJoF8D.jpg

9b8Yeaw.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I like spyderco knives, I own quite a few, and I hope I don't offend you...but that is ugly!

that looks like something off of forged in fire that was cut after the first round!

Probably the color. Orange is a love hate thing and I love orange. The Subvert is also one of the smoothest Spydercos you’ll ever flick and feels amazing in hand

Also a great collab knife, look up Nati Amor Sabotage. The Subvert isn’t a cheap knife but definitely more wallet friendly

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Probably the color. Orange is a love hate thing and I love orange. The Subvert is also one of the smoothest Spydercos you’ll ever flick and feels amazing in hand

Also a great collab knife, look up Nati Amor Sabotage. The Subvert isn’t a cheap knife but definitely more wallet friendly

Oh my .... like this one ! Dazzle !

black-snow-customs-mini-sabotage-israeli.f74a76e3.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Probably the color. Orange is a love hate thing and I love orange.

no I don't hate the color...its the shape of the blade! its like it cant make up its mind what its supposed to be!!!!, almost like the designer said screw it and gave up half the way through designing an "mini machete"

spyder co collaborations are awesome!, if it wasn't for that, I couldn't afford most of the ones I own!!!

im just waiting for spyderco or crkt to collaborate with chris reeve, i'd love a large Sebenza 21 with a carbon fiber handle...but 500 bucks is a little salty for my blood!...I could do 150 or 200...but 500 holy s**t...I like sleeping outside, but not in the doghouse!!!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Love the Subvert, except the giant size of it. Spyderco has a number of knives I’d love to own, but the top of the list would be the Slysz Bowie.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This knife is personal to me. It was the last project that The Gunny worked on, before he passed away ..... almost exactly 2 years ago.
    He was the kind of person who made you feel instantly comfortable.

It's been a pretty fun ride, to tell you the truth.
    .... R. Lee Ermey

i-h4wm2CX-XL.jpg

At 15.3 inches long, it's a huge knife. During developement, The Gunny told Kabar that he "wanted a knife that could skin a rhinoceros" !
    He got it ! :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I feel like I've hit the jackpot lately. Having been on a notification list for this Jeff White knife for many moons, I just about scorched my fingertip hitting the 'buy' button when one finally became available.

As noted upthread, these are purposely rough-finished, practical trade knives, and this one has an English style handle of curly maple.
    I'm in love again !
    :alright:

Model: Bush One, with 5" blade

i-HXTZCc6-XL.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I feel like I've hit the jackpot lately. Having been on a notification list for this Jeff White knife for many moons, I just about scorched my fingertip hitting the 'buy' button when one finally became available.

As noted upthread, these are purposely rough-finished, practical trade knives, and this one has an English style handle of curly maple.
    I'm in love again !
    :alright:

Model: Bush One, with 5" blade

i-HXTZCc6-XL.jpg

That's an outstanding knife! Jeff White knives are great pieces of equipment! If you can't find what you're looking for in stock, check ebay. They do a bunch of blemished or one off knives there from time to time.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    That's an outstanding knife! Jeff White knives are great pieces of equipment! If you can't find what you're looking for in stock, check ebay. They do a bunch of blemished or one off knives there from time to time.

Thanks, teddy ! Yup, I've heard that ebay can be a source for Jeff White knives. This one came from Self Reliance Outfitters, which seems to be the largest retailer for his products. :)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Some may poo poo Boker. Some may poo poo Nutn'fancy. But his collaboration with Boker produced a very interesting switchblade.

Upgraded wicked fast spring. Better pocket clip. Better release button. Crazy color. Crazy hawk bill blade shape.

The only thing I don't care for is how far it protrudes from the grip.
    fcce63b3960fa24f046f49c224d36ee8.jpg
    8cf8ce06db3572725007324d63cb8a0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom