• ...and so much more!
  • Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I guess Kimber handguns are at least good enough to shoot yourself in the foot.

Never shot myself in the foot and I like my kimbers. 1 is about 20 years old and the other is about 5 years old. Definitely like the older one. Now as for the ex kimber vp, I have no printable words for him.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Never shot myself in the foot and I like my kimbers. 1 is about 20 years old and the other is about 5 years old. Definitely like the older one. Now as for the ex kimber vp, I have no printable words for him.
    Wait - he's an ex-employee?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Wait - he's an ex-employee?

I thought that's what I read (getting old stinks). If he isnt, he should be!

Reread post#1. Picked up vp from the edit about vp of sales (yep getting old stinks). So if ignore the first sentence and the second may hold true, maybe, sort of....I don't know. Anyway..............what was I talking about?

Last edited:

IndyTim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I thought that's what I read (getting old stinks). If he isnt, he should be!

Reread post#1. Picked up vp from the edit about vp of sales (yep getting old stinks). So if ignore the first sentence and the second may hold true, maybe, sort of....I don't know. Anyway..............what was I talking about?

According to his LinkedIn profile, he left as VP in July 2020.

Now he describes himself as:
    Leader, Influencer, Strategist

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I have a Kimber Solo - grandpa bought it "to carry" never carried it and gave it to me. It sits in the safe.

Getting rid of it now would do me no good (unless I needed the money) and them no harm. They already got the money from the initial sale. They don't care about private party sales...or my opinion on them/their compnay/their quality/etc.
    Selling it to someone might keep them from purchasing a new one. OTOH, gun manufacturers are selling damn near everything they can produce and besides, if it was a gift from grandpa…

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Not like Kimber would be effected by almost any legislation. Their highest capacity gun is a government model 1911 lol. Dare I imply it's one of the bigger fudd brands out there.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Just received this email from Kimber. This isn't a defense from me on Kimbers behalf I'm just posting as it is relevant to this thread.

For Immediate Release

Kimber Statement on Montana
    Constitutional Carry Editorial

TROY, AL, January 27, 2021 — Kimber Mfg., Inc. has recently been made aware of opinion articles published respectively in the Sidney Herald (Sidney, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility” and in the Missoulian (Missoula, Montana) entitled “Being Pro-Gun Also Means Being Pro-Responsibility: We must oppose HB102”. The author of this article, Ryan Busse, is no longer an employee of Kimber and has not worked for Kimber since August of 2020. His statements and opinions expressed regarding the opposition of Montana House Bill 102 are not authorized by or attributable to Kimber.

“Kimber is a proud supporter of our Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms,” said Leslie Edelman, CEO and owner of Kimber. “We support organizations that defend these rights, and we are committed to providing the people of this great nation with the finest premium firearms available.”

To learn more about Kimber visit https://www.kimberamerica.com

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    “Kimber is a proud supporter of our Constitutional rights to keep and bear arms,” said Leslie Edelman, CEO and owner of Kimber. “We support organizations that defend these rights, and we are committed to providing the people of this great nation with the finest premium firearms available.”

I thought that line needed a little purple add to it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    another reason to hate Kimber? lol

ETA: possibly former VP of sales? but still active in the co. as a co-founder (and apparent idiotic mouthpiece).
    The self-declared 'hero' of the piece seems to be overhyping the nature of the protest and his own role in it, perhaps to prop up the position he wants to hold rather than the actual facts. I'm guessing another FUD who thinks he's a responsible gun owner but nobody else is

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    “Biden and the Democrats are not going to take away your guns, period,” says Busse, who recently stepped down as vice president for sales at Kimber Firearms and serves on the national Sportsmen and Sportswomen for Biden committee. “The other side wants you to believe that guns are crosses—that they have that sort of deep religious significance. I love my guns, too, but I don’t for a minute think that they’d be taken away if Biden is elected.”
    That one doesn't seem to have aged very well

Top Bottom