• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wish we had more background on this, what exactly was his son counter-protesting? It's dated 6/21 and he references yesterday but I couldn't find anything there for 6/20. There was a big protest on 6/6 about George Floyd/BLM and there were a lot of people with 'flags and paramilitary gear' that were staked out at the war memorial but there were hundreds of people not just one sole protester lol.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If you look at his Facebook you'd never know he had been a player in the gun industry. A lot of hunting pictures but obviously a big Fudd and TDS'er. At least people are letting it be known how they feel on Kimber's page.

This was interesting but not surprising:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Ryan Busse
    January 6 at 9:45 PM ·
    I grew up with a rifle in one hand and a shotgun in the other. Those guns came to represent so much of what I wanted to be true and I converted my passion for them into a 25-year award winning career in the firearms industry.
    Tonight I am dismayed, but not surprised at what can only be described as violent terrorism and criminal sedition on a massive scale. For more than two decades I lived in the kitchen where this was cooked up.
    This is the ultimate manifestation of the NRA-America; cultish devotion, mindless conspiracy, racism and totalitarianism run amok. For years, I fought it from the inside. I finally gave up when tremors indicated a quake like this was on the way. I wish I would have done more to stop it and soon I will.
    If we want to fix this, each of us will look ourselves in the mirror and decide to honestly address the causes of this Un-American Carnage.

A statement of his from a 2004 article posted on THR:

"The administration's efforts to open more public lands on the Eastern front of the Rocky Mountains to oil and gas drilling has driven some sportsmen to do something they never thought they'd do — make common cause with environmentalists. "People who couldn't even bring themselves to say the word Democrat a few years ago are now willing to join arm-in-arm with the Sierra Club to save the Eastern front," said Ryan Busse, 34, vice president of Kimber Mfg. Inc., a high-end gun manufacturer in Kalispell, Mont

“Biden and the Democrats are not going to take away your guns, period,” says Busse, who recently stepped down as vice president for sales at Kimber Firearms and serves on the national Sportsmen and Sportswomen for Biden committee. “The other side wants you to believe that guns are crosses—that they have that sort of deep religious significance. I love my guns, too, but I don’t for a minute think that they’d be taken away if Biden is elected.”

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Since he brought his kid into this to use as an example ill bet he is an overindulgent parent and his kid can do no wrong. Id like to see some more digging into his kids backround to give more clarity to the discussion. Sounds like he has already left the company to champion his leftist beliefs. Its amazing to me how moles like him can rise through the ranks in an industry whos foundation goes against their core beliefs. He must have done a lot of tongue biting throughout his career

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have a Kimber Solo - grandpa bought it "to carry" never carried it and gave it to me. It sits in the safe.

Getting rid of it now would do me no good (unless I needed the money) and them no harm. They already got the money from the initial sale. They don't care about private party sales...or my opinion on them/their compnay/their quality/etc.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I have a Kimber Solo - grandpa bought it "to carry" never carried it and gave it to me. It sits in the safe.

Getting rid of it now would do me no good (unless I needed the money) and them no harm. They already got the money from the initial sale. They don't care about private party sales...or my opinion on them/their compnay/their quality/etc.
    A gift from grandpa is definitely a keeper

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Getting ready to go drive the streets and pick up all the Kimber pistols being thrown out in the street after this betrayal!

I can't believe you don't understand the difference between retail and the secondary market.

New buyers that hear about this might just decide on that Springfield instead.
    CTD gouged during the "panic" and lost customers.
    2A types don't respond well to getting slapped with things that are against their interests. They certainly won't support it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I can't believe you don't understand the difference between retail and the secondary market.

New buyers that hear about this might just decide on that Springfield instead.
    CTD gouged during the "panic" and lost customers.
    2A types don't respond well to getting slapped with things that are against their interests. They certainly won't support it.
    Seriously?

Over 100% of your replies to my posts are based on you believing I don't understand something! Anything!

I think......this was actually a complement!

Or is it I really just don't understand.....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Seriously?

Over 100% of your replies to my posts are based on you believing I don't understand something! Anything!

I think......this was actually a complement!

Or is it I really just don't understand.....

Yes, I said 'I can't believe' which means "I know you know better".

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    “This spring my young son was attacked in Kalispell by armed “Second Amendment patriots” at a local peaceful demonstration. They used their guns to frighten and intimidate.”
    ———————
    I don’t think he knows what the word attack means. And also I doubt there was anything peaceful about any demonstration his son was at.
    100% this guy is lying.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Springfield Armory (along with Rock River Arms), as recently as 2-3 years ago, both actively donated to an anti-gun group in Illinois that was actively promoting a bill to screw over Illinois gun owners and smaller FFL businesses, while leaving larger businesses such as themselves alone.

Well I guess it's time to unload my 2 kimber! I wonder if I can get enough to go Springfield?

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Both Ruger & S&W are under new management since they got in trouble. My personal opinion is that they have attoned, learned from their mistakes, and deserve a 2nd chance for your business.

Just my opinion though.

Just one more reason I will never buy a Kimber. I still don't have any Rugers or Smith & Wessons either.

Top Bottom