• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim McKalip

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I have put a ton of different match hollow points thru a Kimber Super Match Over many years with never a hiccup. These were all reduced loads with a reduced power recoil spring. I also put a one piece guide rod and a "classic" bushing in the gun. This was not to solve any problem other than my dislike of the the factory setup.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    My 2 cents...I have had mabey 10 Kimbers in my life. 3 currently and never had a hiccup I would blame on the gun. This is a combination of FMJ, Defense type ammo and a huge diet of my handloads. I honestly don't know why Kimber gets a bad rap. I am eyeballing that Camp Gourd 10mm pretty hard right now. Bud's has or had them right at 1100. Half a Dan Wesson price for a 10. Dont get me wrong. I love me a DW but I love kimbers too...

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    My 2 cents...I have had mabey 10 Kimbers in my life. 3 currently and never had a hiccup I would blame on the gun. This is a combination of FMJ, Defense type ammo and a huge diet of my handloads. I honestly don't know why Kimber gets a bad rap. I am eyeballing that Camp Gourd 10mm pretty hard right now. Bud's has or had them right at 1100. Half a Dan Wesson price for a 10. Dont get me wrong. I love me a DW but I love kimbers too...
    Camp gourd...lol Gaurd

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've had two Kimbers and the both were perfect in function. Even the little Ultra Carry was great. Both ran fmj and hollow points just fine.

My only beef with Kimber was the price and feature set. At that time, I had bought one of the Kimbers for $900 and a Sig Scorpion for $900. The sig had front strap checkering, night sights and G10 grips. The Kimber had rubber grips, a plastic MSH and standard 3 dot sights.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Have a friend that bought a Kimber 10mm last summer. Wouldn't cycle a mag without a jam. Tried my mags and his, different ammo and still a problem. Sent it back to Kimber and it runs perfect now. I'm not sure what they found but they stood behind it and got it right.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a 2011 STI 6", S&W 1006, and a EAA that will shoot any 10 mm I have feed them. My brother has a Kimber with a very tight chamber that Performax (sp) will not work in. I think that if he sent it back they would put a new barrel on it. It handles my reloads of 200 gr XTP's pushed to the upper limits without a problem. I don't like Kimbers but his with the right ammo will shoot with any of my 3 guns.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Have a Kimber Eclipse in 10mm. The gun has run flawless with HP and Berrys plated handholds. The wife has an Ultra Raptor II in 45acp that has run flawless as well. I do prefer the HP from Speer as they are similar to ball ammo vs the Hornady HP's. They have more of a truncated cone shape.

Top Bottom