• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    I just picked up a Kimber Classic Custom ( Clackamas ) , Original box, papers , 1-Kimber mag and 2-others. I traded a Ruger Sr1911 & Glock 17 for it.
    Anybody have any opinions on these guns ? Are they worth the money cause im debating selling or trading it .

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If it is a Gen 1 then you are fine they are nice pistols, Gen2 is when all that marketing kicked in and they started to sell ****ty "pretty" guns to the uninformed 1911 buying public IMHO.

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    So I take it I did pretty good then. It is a solid gun but not sure if I wAnt to keep yet. I'll have to do more research on them

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So I take it I did pretty good then. It is a solid gun but not sure if I wAnt to keep yet. I'll have to do more research on them

You traded two common and easily replaceable pistols for one of comparatively limited production. I haven't owned a 1911 in several years but if I had a Clack I'd hang on to it.

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    I was on Armslist and only found 2 for sale but was in different state, so you are right bought being scarce

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    If your goal is to make money, hold on to it. A couple of years ago these were selling for $1,000-$1,200. The ones selling lately on gunbroker are going for $700-$800.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    You traded two common and easily replaceable pistols for one of comparatively limited production. I haven't owned a 1911 in several years but if I had a Clack I'd hang on to it.
    This.
    To buy a gun of that quality you're going to have to spend good money on one.
    I have two original Customs and one Combat Elite that aren't going anywhere. I gave $485 each for the Customs new at Elmores and the Combat Elite was used for $425 when I bought it at Elmores.
    I was amazed at the Kimber quality. I had just put close to $1,500 into a Gold Cup National Match with a bunch of custom work done to it. The Kimbers out of the box shot and grouped better than the Colt. The Colt went back in the box immediately and sat undisturbed for a long, long, time.

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Ya i wouldn't sell it for 7-800. Had a deal on a Colt Gold Cup but traded for this instead but kinda wish i would got the Colt .Even tho this is pretty nice i have always been a fan of the Colt or sig 1911's

Top Bottom