• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I got the idea from Cindy in another thread to create this thread.

I have been on a Ketogenic/Low-Carb way of eating for about 8 months or so. I am not very strict to stay on it as much as was at the beginning. I lost about 75 pounds in that time. But I have also gained muscle mass so my fat loss is more than that. I was taking ketone supplements to help keep my body in ketosis when I went off track and had too many carbs. But they all were nasty and salty tasting. A week ago I was turned on to Keto//OS and it is the best tasting ketone supplement I have found.

When I am working day shift my go to morning is a bulletproof coffee (black coffee with butter and MCT Oil) and now I have a Keto//OS Max drink in the morning as well. Around 1-2 pm I have lunch which is usually leftovers of chicken. And dinner is usually chicken and vegetables. I drink mostly water and green tea throughout the day. And found a great tasting drink called Core Organics and occasionally drink a diet soda.

To know more about ketosis and to learn about Keto//OS please visit

Pruvit

And watch the video there.

Who else is doing low carb/keto lifestyle?

Edit: Added Photo

35526306521_8ab03e0ae0_k.jpg

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    a friend of mine is on it and loves it. Good for fat loss. Just be careful and watch for signs of lightheadedness/dizzy/fatigue/etc

I may give it a shot

LostWander

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    SWFL
    From what I understand of a friend pr two doing this (one is an athlete), youre making a permanent choice since youre making your body process differently. Switching back after you lose the weight you want will just reverse your progress no?

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    From what I understand of a friend pr two doing this (one is an athlete), youre making a permanent choice since youre making your body process differently. Switching back after you lose the weight you want will just reverse your progress no?

When you eat carbs your body will switch back over to converting carbs again as its a easier source of fuel and the body doesn't have to work as hard to convert that to energy compared to the fat and ketones. After you get to the weight or appearance you are happy with you can you can always increase carbs again but you will have to still try to keep them down and not eat as many as your body will start to store extra carbs as fat when it cant burn it fast enough.

And I edited OP and added transformation photo.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I've been doing this almost a year. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. It's also the only thing that's ever worked for me long term and it is incredibly effective, doubly so if you get into intermittent fasting as well, which isn't about eating less, it's about when you eat and consuming your calories within a smaller period of time (6 hours typically.) And it's really nice to get off the insulin spike roller coaster.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Resurrecting the thread...

Decent quick break, more like english muffin. Great for a breakfast egg ham and cheese sammich. I cut it a sear each side in a pan in butter:

Recent find on the same site... great breakfast skillet:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Resurrecting the thread...

Decent quick break, more like english muffin. Great for a breakfast egg ham and cheese sammich. I cut it a sear each side in a pan in butter:

Recent find on the same site... great breakfast skillet:

I'd be interested in trying this with egg beaters as I'm also trying to keep down the cholesterol. Thanks for the link!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Another breakfast favorite... I've made this one many, many times. I put all the ingredients in a large Ninja bullet and blend, the just pour out onto the griddle. Definitely add the "optional" baking powder... I double the cinnamon and the stevia. Good with peanut butter and either sugar free maple syrup, or if you have the carbs to give, some cut up banana.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    This is a favorite and what we had tonight:

Definitely season the ground beef with either steak seasoning or salt/pepper/garlic&onion powder. Also, season the entire casserole with salt and pepper before putting the cheese topping on.

Oh, and add 5-6 slices of cooked bacon to make it bacon cheeseburger! :)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When I went low carb in August of this year (did it years ago as well) my cholesterol dropped even though I eat at least 2 eggs a day, sometime 3, 7 days a week. The connection of eggs to high serum cholesterol levels is...tenuous.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Here’s a keto cookbook that our family uses and it works well. A chef designed this and the food is great and easy to prepare and a big plus it works..Rocco’s Leto comfort food diet

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 7

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Has anyone tried the “one shot keto” ? It’s fairly new. I’ve been thinking about trying it.
    I had not heard of this, and when I looked it up, I only found a pill. So, for me, it's a no.

I look at keto as a normal diet for people of European descent... there are no simple carbs in the winter in nature, only fat/protein sources (animals) fattened to endure the winter. So, IMO, ketosis is a natural state of things for 3-4 months of the year while a year-round diet with carbs sufficient to drive insulin-based energy delivered to the body is not.

Personally, I would be extremely wary of any pill that claims to be able to "switch" the body's metabolism to ketones while still eating "lots" of carbs.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I had not heard of this, and when I looked it up, I only found a pill. So, for me, it's a no.

I look at keto as a normal diet for people of European descent... there are no simple carbs in the winter in nature, only fat/protein sources (animals) fattened to endure the winter. So, IMO, ketosis is a natural state of things for 3-4 months of the year while a year-round diet with carbs sufficient to drive insulin-based energy delivered to the body is not.

Personally, I would be extremely wary of any pill that claims to be able to "switch" the body's metabolism to ketones while still eating "lots" of carbs.
    I’m not obese but I have packed on some weight that I would like to get rid of and I know I need to change my diet. Trying to cut out soda and junk food and eat better. I’d seen that add for the pills and wondered if anyone had tried it and had any results or reactions.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    When I went low carb in August of this year (did it years ago as well) my cholesterol dropped even though I eat at least 2 eggs a day, sometime 3, 7 days a week. The connection of eggs to high serum cholesterol levels is...tenuous.
    I first did keto 6 years ago for 7-8 months and dropped 54 lbs... I was looking at having to move up to 40 inch waist pants as my 38s were painfully tight. Now 34 waist. At the time, I only did it because my wife (then GF) was doing Profile, so me being keto supported her.

Now, I do keto 3-4 months each year at the beginning of the year, both to shed the holiday (and fall birthday) pounds, and also to ween off insulin for a couple months.

No more mid-afternoon "low sugar" shakes.

No more falling asleep at 7-8 pm due to carb/crash coma.

Pretty sure with the above and my old weight I was insulin-resistant, on my way to diabetes, but never had A1C tested back then. But, I also never had anything close to normal triglyceride levels prior to keto, even when I played basketball twice a week, ran/walked 25 miles a week, was "normal" BMI which for my frame looked scrawny, and my only carbs were "complex" (whole wheat, brown rice) with only red meat once a month. Still, alarmingly high triglycerides! Doc went through the whole list... yup to every last one of them. Well, it must be genetics, sez he, lol!

Now with keto, my A1C measured every July (well after my annual keto stint) is stellar. Good triglyceride levels for the first time in my life, even if I've been lazy on the exercise.

And, on keto, I eat reasonable portions... not because I measure them out, but because I eat a portion then am no longer hungry and just stop. No will-power battle, lol! No "I could eat a horse" hunger cravings.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Keto diet straightens out a lot of what ails me. Helps me lean out and keeps diabetes away for me. I just got done with a month of it and am on a week or two break. I don't do the pills keto. My whole idea was to try to lower my doctor prescribed pills. I have to use gout meds. We have tried to get me off them to no avail. If you are doing it for weight loss, I suggest a smart phone APP called "fat secret". It helps me track and figure out where I went wrong or right in the diet. It has you log what you eat and your daily weight. It makes it easy to keep track. If you keep notes along side it it can help with lots of things. Logging is how I figured out how to avoid and fix migraines for myself.

Top Bottom