• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Never had an issue with personal firearms and Ive dlown to Texas, California, Georgia, Seattle (TSA lady in Seattle had the personality of a rock but that was another story)

Now traveling with my Agency issued MP5s in their own single case was a whole different story. Nothing major just case came flying down on return to Indy in the luggage area doing more flips than Jackie Chan in his own stunts

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    If not for TSA, some with the personality of of a rock would have few options.

Those with the brains of a rock would have fewer still.
    When TSA first was dirat merged after 9/11 I coukd say they were all that way. But the last 10 years I haven't had an issue as it seems attitudes changed. But everyonenhas ricks and being it was Seattle I was surprised there wasn't more that way.

I might be going to NYC soon so Can't wait for that experience LOL

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    When TSA first was dirat merged after 9/11 I coukd say they were all that way. But the last 10 years I haven't had an issue as it seems attitudes changed. But everyonenhas ricks and being it was Seattle I was surprised there wasn't more that way.

I might be going to NYC soon so Can't wait for that experience LOL
    I still get nervous going to NY and NJ, even with credentials.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Pre 9-11 story. Flying to Montana with a Colt AR15 for a gopher hunt / bachelor party, a very normal celebration in those parts. Normally when seeing a gun case the airline ticket guy would ask the passenger to sign a brightly colored ticket that said "unloaded firearm" and then the passenger was told to discreetly slip the ticket into the gun case and lock it.
    • On the trip in question there was a new guy who was trying his best to follow airline rules.
    • After seeing the case he asked if the gun was unloaded.
    • I replied that it was not loaded.
    • He requested I open the case and when I complied he reached in and snatched the rifle.
    • While holding the rifle at eye level has asked me how to check if it was unloaded.

Can you imagine the attention he immediately received? People behind me were seen seeking cover. I think I heard a Karen shriek. The idiots' coworkers were rushing toward him to correct the situation while I pleased with him to put my toy away.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I still get nervous going to NY and NJ, even with credentials.
    I know NY just have your firearms a photo copy of your credentials and serial number of the firearms. The Ticket booth will call NYPD as SOP and its what they ask. It dave's them from making copies This from fellow co workers that have frequented NYC by airline

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Pre 9-11 story. Flying to Montana with a Colt AR15 for a gopher hunt / bachelor party, a very normal celebration in those parts. Normally when seeing a gun case the airline ticket guy would ask the passenger to sign a brightly colored ticket that said "unloaded firearm" and then the passenger was told to discreetly slip the ticket into the gun case and lock it.
    • On the trip in question there was a new guy who was trying his best to follow airline rules.
    • After seeing the case he asked if the gun was unloaded.
    • I replied that it was not loaded.
    • He requested I open the case and when I complied he reached in and snatched the rifle.
    • While holding the rifle at eye level has asked me how to check if it was unloaded.

Can you imagine the attention he immediately received? People behind me were seen seeking cover. I think I heard a Karen shriek. The idiots' coworkers were rushing toward him to correct the situation while I pleased with him to put my toy away.

Idiotic monkeys need jobs too....thus, airline "security".

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I know NY just have your firearms a photo copy of your credentials and serial number of the firearms. The Ticket booth will call NYPD as SOP and its what they ask. It dave's them from making copies This from fellow co workers that have frequented NYC by airline

Yeah I've done it twice. Once at Laguardia and once at Albany. It was still nerve racking!

Top Bottom