• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    The last I heard IMPD is usually supposed to be staffed by somewhere around 1,750. Someone told me recently that IMPD is currently staffed at around 1,350. If this is true than Indy is in for one hell of a ride for the foreseeable future. Then there is also that wonderful prosecutor we have, that dude would be hesitant to charge Charles Manson with a crime.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The record homicide number got smoked (pun intended) in July, three hours into August...

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It doesn’t seem that long ago in the Living Room Lounge was a place I would (and did) go to. Now I’m worried I might get shot at just riding my motorcycle around there, let alone being inside around last call. Thanks, Hogsett you piece of ****!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, unbelievable...

Typical of our "catch and release" prosecutor.

I'd prefer something more like I saw on a bumper sticker once. It wasn't related to criminals, but to fishing. It mentioned "Filet and release". I'd be good with that. ;)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Typical of our "catch and release" prosecutor.

I'd prefer something more like I saw on a bumper sticker once. It wasn't related to criminals, but to fishing. It mentioned "Filet and release". I'd be good with that. ;)
    The Prosecutor doesn't catch or release. The Prosecutor decides whether to charge and which charges are appropriate. The catching is done by the police snd the releasing is done by judges. And I'm in no way defending that POS Mears, just clarifying.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The Prosecutor doesn't catch or release. The Prosecutor decides whether to charge and which charges are appropriate. The catching is done by the police snd the releasing is done by judges. And I'm in no way defending that POS Mears, just clarifying.
    Thanks Frank! I guess I figured that Mears would have some influence since he does decide which charges get prosecuted. And isn't he (or his staff) involved in the plea deals to the lesser charges?

I'm no fan of the judges either, but if Mears is throwing them softballs...

At any rate, I'm on the side of the catchers. :thumbsup: I just hate that the work of catching seems to go to waste.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    How does one find which judges are good from a law and order viewpoint and which are bad; i.e. pro criminal?

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Thanks Frank! I guess I figured that Mears would have some influence since he does decide which charges get prosecuted. And isn't he (or his staff) involved in the plea deals to the lesser charges?

I'm no fan of the judges either, but if Mears is throwing them softballs...

At any rate, I'm on the side of the catchers. :thumbsup: I just hate that the work of catching seems to go to waste.
    Yeah, the Prosecutor offers the pleas. And a lot of times the offer pleas to the lowest level charge so they get a "win."

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    And the reason for the increase in violent crime this year is……dum, dada dum…THE PANDEMIC!!!
    "The pandemic forced a pause on some of our most effective face to face intervention work,” said Hogsett. “The pandemic also dramatically accelerated many of the contributing factors to gun violence: economic insecurity, heightened stress, and frankly, a reduction in services and programming.
    —-From Fox 59 app

So, it’s not lousy leadership, catering to the lowest common denominator or the revolving door on the justice system, after all. Good to know.

From the illustrious police chief…
    Even as crime increases, Taylor reminded the community, "IMPD remains steadfast in our mission to reduce crime.” He listed "despair," mental health issues, social media disagreements as some of the causes for the uptick. —-Fox 59
    Not my fault, nothin’ to see here.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

The city of Indianapolis used taxpayer money to fund a organization that helped post the bail for one of these accused murder suspects.

The national nonprofit organization that paid the bail of a man accused of stabbing a gas station employee before allegedly murdering and dismembering his girlfriend received at least $250,000 from the city of Indianapolis and CICF over the last two years.

The Bail Project confirmed they were asked to pay Marcus Garvin’s $1,500 bond by his public defender in January. Despite objection from the state, Judge Shatrese Flowers lowered Garvin’s bond from $30,000 to $1,500.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The last I heard IMPD is usually supposed to be staffed by somewhere around 1,750. Someone told me recently that IMPD is currently staffed at around 1,350. If this is true than Indy is in for one hell of a ride for the foreseeable future. Then there is also that wonderful prosecutor we have, that dude would be hesitant to charge Charles Manson with a crime.
    I forgot to reply to this earlier. IMPD staffing is in the 1600s right now. Not as many as we would like, but nowhere near the 1350 number you heard.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Interesting coincidence in two stories from 59. First from a story on a double murder in May…
    A second suspect, 20-year-old William Glasper III, is also charged with assisting a criminal for allegedly driving the getaway car.
    Second story on the girls shot outside the funeral home…
    16-year-old Jamese Cox and her cousin, 4-year-old Azaria Glasper, were both hit by the same stray bullet.
    What’re the odds……….

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Interesting coincidence in two stories from 59. First from a story on a double murder in May…

Second story on the girls shot outside the funeral home…

What’re the odds……….
    Based on studies done by Abdul Shabazz, quite likely if they all have connections to folks known to LEO and the criminal justice system.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

The city of Indianapolis used taxpayer money to fund a organization that helped post the bail for one of these accused murder suspects.

And still, folks claim the necessity of the central state.

Top Bottom