• Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Well dang.

INSIDER

Kat Von D is closing her famous tattoo shop after 14 years in business as part of her move to Indiana​

Amanda Krause
    Mon, October 25, 2021, 12:51 PM

kat von d

Kat Von D first announced her move to Indiana in late 2020. Phillip Faraone/Stringer/Getty Images
    • Kat Von D announced on Instagram that she'll be closing her famous High Voltage Tattoo shop.
    • She said she'll reopen the California shop, which has been in business for 14 years, in Indiana.
    • Von D previously said she was moving to escape California's taxes, policies, and government.
    Kat Von D is officially moving to Indiana, and she's taking her famous tattoo shop with her.
    In an Instagram post on Monday, the controversial tattoo artist shared a photo of herself with "Goodbye, California!" written across it. She also included shots taken at her famous High Voltage Tattoo shop - which was featured in her former TLC show, "LA Ink."
    In the post's caption, Von D said her move will entail closing the Los Angeles location and reopening it in Indiana once her new house is fully remodeled.
    "As some of you know, we recently purchased a beautiful home on a bit of land in rural Indiana, and the more time we spend out there we realize we feel more at home there than we do here in LA," she wrote.
    Von D also explained why she and her family are making their move to Indiana official after previously saying they'd split time between there and California.
    "After much thought, we have decided we will permanently be moving to Indiana at the end of this year," she wrote on Instagram. "We plan on selling our beautiful home here, and I will be re-opening @highvoltagetat in Indiana once we are done with the house remodel there."
    Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/kat-von-d-closing-her-195159201.html

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Guess I’m out of the loop…is this one of those famous for being famous people?

:dunno:. Never heard of her, but apparently she did say this, so she can't be all bad:

"With all that has been taking place in California with terrible policies, tyrannical government overreach, ridiculous taxing, amongst so much more corruption, we just felt the need to plant roots in a small town where there is nature, where my son can be free to play, and where we can eventually retire one day," she said.

I do wonder if she has Indiana roots, though, because there's only about a zillion places she could have gone to escape Kali.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    :dunno:. Never heard of her, but apparently she did say this, so she can't be all bad:
    From Wikipedia:
    Von D appeared in two seasons of Miami Ink, the reality TV show taped at 305 Ink in Miami[15] for the cable network TLC. She was offered the place on the show after fellow artist Darren Brass broke his elbow,[16] preventing him from tattooing. While on the show, she had a falling out with Ami James, which led to her decision to leave the shop and the show.[17]

She subsequently acquired her own TLC series, LA Ink, which chronicled her work at her tattoo shop, High Voltage Tattoo, in Hollywood, California. On the show, she broke the Guinness World Record of most tattoos given by a single person in 24 hours, with a total of 400.[18] Accomplished in December 2007, it involved a Von D-designed logo for the city of Los Angeles, with proceeds going to the children's-blindness charity Vitamin Angels.[19] LA Ink ran four seasons, ending September 15, 2011; TLC announced the cancellation on August 18, 2011.[20] Von D has publicly said that the cancellation was because she chose not to continue doing the show.[21]

One of my favorite shows to watch back when I still had cable

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I think she moved here last year sometime, she must just now be deciding to close her shop in Cali to move here forever. I heard she was opening a shop here as well.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The house she and her husband bought:

"This Second Empire/Italianate style home was designed by Cincinnati architect George P Humphries for Benjamin Franklin Schenck and built in 1874. Restoration was done from 1998-2000 and voted Indiana's best save in 2001. With over 12,000 square feet and sitting on 10.6 acres, it features a four story tower, widow watcher attic with 3 round dormer windows, 4 porches, 7 balconies, 8 chimneys, 13 fireplaces, 50+ windows, 35 rooms, 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 2 half baths, 5 original copper lined bath tubs encased in walnut, tin exterior trim, original slate roof, Inn Keepers apartment, and more. A veranda overlooking the water garden was built using original architectural drawings. Special features include a large patio, gazebo, fountains, waterfalls, and a small vineyard. It comes fully furnished with antiques, high end reproductions, dishes, silverware, and several relics.The Schenck Mansion is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places"

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That's a heck of a home she bought! Good for her getting out of CA.

I'd trust her to do some work, but Vevay is a drive for me and I wonder if she will be charging "I'm the famous Kat VonD and you will pay to have me put ink on you" rates.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a fishing buddy down near Madison that I visit a few times a year.

I hear Kat likes old dudes, so you never know. Might run into her down by the river? ;)

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210822171347-kat-von-d-mercy-for-animals-gala-2019.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I have a fishing buddy down near Madison that I visit a few times a year.

I hear Kat likes old dudes, so you never know. Might run into her down by the river? ;)

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210822171347-kat-von-d-mercy-for-animals-gala-2019.jpg
    When you wake up and realize it's Marilyn Manson. Not the most flattering photo.

My wife and SIL will be in line if she opens a shop. Guaranteed. I'm less than enthused to say the least. I have trust reservations about decision trees involving face tats.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    She seems like a person who thrives on drama, crisis and revenge. That community is in for a firestorm of emotion.

Top Bottom