• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I take it you don't have any serious illnesses. I have leukemia (in remission now) and have a terrible immune system. When I started wearing a mask for covid I realized I wasn't getting sick with colds, pneumonia, bronchitis, pink eye, etc. anymore. So I will be wearing a mask when out in public likely for the rest of my life. Don't be so quick to judge others decisions.
    Am I even allowed to ask how in the world you think wearing a mask makes you less likely to get pink eye?

Or was this supposed to be satire? I've been mistaking a lot of satire for seriousness lately, and vice versa. :dunno:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Am I even allowed to ask how in the world you think wearing a mask makes you less likely to get pink eye?

Or was this supposed to be satire? I've been mistaking a lot of satire for seriousness lately, and vice versa. :dunno:
    Dude you're just asking for the pink eye if you don't wear your mask properly.

1674508236289.png

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When & where was the last time you run into a Karen !?

I will start :
    Saturday 1/21 at Cabelas , went to buy an ammo can & some 6.5 creedmoor .
    Upon checking out the lady behind me told me , No one need that kind of bullets and what is that metal thing for ?

I explained the metal thing is an ammo can to store your ammo in and I deer hunt & I use this ammo to hunt with .

Son was she pissed …. She just huffed at me and told me she loved deer & thinks they are beautiful, I kindly said I do too they taste wonderful.
    I paid for my stuff & told her have a nice day.
    But the look on her face was daggers .

The guy behind her busted out laughing .
    She was in the wrong store if hunting is a trigger.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County

Or was this supposed to be satire? I've been mistaking a lot of satire for seriousness lately, and vice versa. Just stating all the crap I used to get pre-covid. I had pink eye once in 2018, twice in 2019. Probably a coincidence that I haven't had it since

You're right it doesn't seem like a mask would do any good for that. Just stating all the crap I used to get pre-covid. I had pink eye once in 2018, twice in 2019. Probably a coincidence that I haven't had it since. But I get tired of people dissing mask use when they don't know what the user is going through.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    You're right it doesn't seem like a mask would do any good for that. Just stating all the crap I used to get pre-covid. I had pink eye once in 2018, twice in 2019. Probably a coincidence that I haven't had it since. But I get tired of people dissing mask use when they don't know what the user is going through.
    I hear you. Wear that mask everyday if it's working for you. I think the problem most of us have is with those who want to give us a hard time for not wearing one. It really doesn't have to be a dividing issue. I've often wondered if those with any sort of compromise to their immune systems wouldn't be better off to wear one. At least during cold and flu season.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Prior to March of 2020 if you saw a person out wearing a mask probably all decent people understood that person probably had issues that caused them to wear those things and respected it. I know people in your unfortunate circumstance. The government, our health officials, compliant media, and particularly—mask nazis ruined that. I’d wager that everyone in this discussion understand why people like you are doing what you’re doing. Any comments I’ve made and will continue to make are directed towards the loons, Karens, and cultists that forced these things on the rest of us and would do it again in a heart beat.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    If it works for you great but could also be other factors. Just being more conscious of germs and such. Washing hands more frequently more sanitizer etc

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I take it you don't have any serious illnesses. I have leukemia (in remission now) and have a terrible immune system. When I started wearing a mask for covid I realized I wasn't getting sick with colds, pneumonia, bronchitis, pink eye, etc. anymore. So I will be wearing a mask when out in public likely for the rest of my life. Don't be so quick to judge others decisions.
    Wearing a mask for your health and safety is never an issue. Problems arise when the expectations is that others should wear them for your health. Not point this at you, but for the ones that we know are out there expecting us to do it for them.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    You should have told Karen the box was where you keep your “trophies” from your “victims” and the bullets were just good insurance. It blows my mind that people think they have a right to know what I’m buying and why.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Years ago I met another Ingo'er at a local eatery for an adult beverage and a meet to trade.
    I had been discussing the new (at that time) Federal handgun .410 bore self defense ammunition with this other member prior to the meet, and had brought a single round that I had disassembled for show and tell.
    I cut the crimp off of the end, dropped the projectiles, and dumped the powder.
    I set the projectiles back in the hull and had this in my pocket when we sat down at the eatery.
    After the waiter had taken our order I pulled the de-milled shotgun round out of my pocket and showed it to the other Ingo'er.
    Just about that time our waiter, we were about to find out his name was Karen, returned to the table.
    He walked up talking but stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the shotgun shell standing on the table.
    His facial expression changed and he all but turned white as a ghost.
    He then started, "I hope that thing doesn't have a firing pin in it!"
    Glancing at the other Ingo'er I winked, then assured Karen that "no, you can be sure that doesn't have a firing pin in it ".
    He walked away obviously nervous about our table.
    We didn't see much of Karen for the rest of our visit.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    My wife and I bought a new house a couple of years ago. We are now in the process of getting the basement finished. We have hired the guys that originally built the house to do so.

My BIL keeps saying he wants to know who got the permits since they aren't hung on the front door like they are supposed to be. I ignore his questions. He keeps bringing it up.

Not the first time he has been a Karen, it's pretty much a constant with him. He is originally from Maryland and lived there most of his life.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Pink eye can be transfered a few different ways, it can be transfered through coughing and sneezing.
    I am aware of that.

But (and correct me if I'm wrong) that would involve particles from an infected person landing in the recipient's eye. So if masks are considered an effective barrier against parties containing viruses/bacteria, then I can see how you would conclude that wearing one would make it less likely for you to give pink eye to another person, just not how it would protect you from getting it from someone else.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My wife and I bought a new house a couple of years ago. We are now in the process of getting the basement finished. We have hired the guys that originally built the house to do so.

My BIL keeps saying he wants to know who got the permits since they aren't hung on the front door like they are supposed to be. I ignore his questions. He keeps bringing it up.

Not the first time he has been a Karen, it's pretty much a constant with him. He is originally from Maryland and lived there most of his life.
    Tell him to go back.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

728D95A5-FE20-4F63-A066-72594A8C8954.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, I would say it would be the new Neighbor who just moved out to the country. I own 56 acres, they bought the adjoining 10. Imagine how angry they were when their golden doodle and miniature schnauzer (that never leave their property) got caught in leg hold coyote traps last season! The gall of me to let someone trap predators on my property without telling them! And would I kindly pay the emergency vet bills for their dogs that were trespassing on my property.
    Now I’m trying to be a good neighbor, but……hell no! Move your city ass back where you came from. Be responsible for your own dogs. And for the record, the dogs were not hurt by the traps except for they cut their gums trying to chew their way free. Go away Karen!
    Should've asked them if they would rather have the yotes prey on their precious little trespassers.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

Next time he says something, tell him to Google Indiana log cabin law.

Top Bottom