• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    When & where was the last time you run into a Karen !?

I will start :
    Saturday 1/21 at Cabelas , went to buy an ammo can & some 6.5 creedmoor .
    Upon checking out the lady behind me told me , No one need that kind of bullets and what is that metal thing for ?

I explained the metal thing is an ammo can to store your ammo in and I deer hunt & I use this ammo to hunt with .

Son was she pissed …. She just huffed at me and told me she loved deer & thinks they are beautiful, I kindly said I do too they taste wonderful.
    I paid for my stuff & told her have a nice day.
    But the look on her face was daggers .

The guy behind her busted out laughing .

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana

I will start :
    Upon checking out the lady behind me told me , No one need that kind of bullets and what is that metal thing for ?

I explained the metal thing is an ammo can to store your ammo in and I deer hunt & I use this ammo to hunt with .

Son was she pissed …. She just huffed at me and told me she loved deer & thinks they are beautiful, I kindly said I do too they taste wonderful.

Was kind of strange thinking back on it .
    She’s in cabelas where there are deer mount’s everywhere & just about everything is hunting related . Hmmm
    She was buying some spices and some fishing baits .

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, there was the newly elected knucklehead who proposed that firearms be banned from the Winchester city hall. It seems not everyone is super happy to be forced to pay a hundred bucks a month for water, and made the clerks uncomfortable when they carried. She was pretty proud of herself, too, until I pointed out that it would be political suicide in a conservative town like Winchester. The other city council members looked at her like she'd just pooped her pants, I was not the only one who was making points against the proposal, there were several others. It died an ignominious death.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I will start :

Did she have a mask on too?

Emo66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2021
    Valparaiso
    Well, I would say it would be the new Neighbor who just moved out to the country. I own 56 acres, they bought the adjoining 10. Imagine how angry they were when their golden doodle and miniature schnauzer (that never leave their property) got caught in leg hold coyote traps last season! The gall of me to let someone trap predators on my property without telling them! And would I kindly pay the emergency vet bills for their dogs that were trespassing on my property.
    Now I’m trying to be a good neighbor, but……hell no! Move your city ass back where you came from. Be responsible for your own dogs. And for the record, the dogs were not hurt by the traps except for they cut their gums trying to chew their way free. Go away Karen!

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

I will start :

Sorry I missed it. Was at the gun counter all day and never heard about this!:laugh:

Lpherr

Occupied
    We were going fishing on Saturday with some friends.
    One friends wife wanted to pick up some spices to season the fish, and we wanted to try out a new lure that was advertised, so we stopped at Cabela's.
    We found our lures and instead of standing in line, we gave them to his wife to purchase along with her spices.
    We went to the car to finish our McMuffins and coffee. A little bit later, she came stomping out, got in the car and slammed the door.
    When my friend asked her what was wrong, she exploded, saying "some a**hole in front of me was buying a whole bunch of bullets and a metal thingy, and when I asked about it, he told me it was for bullets and the bullets were to kill deer. Then he told me they tasted wonderful and had the gall to tell me have a nice day".
    We had to listen to that the rest of the weekend.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Well, I would say it would be the new Neighbor who just moved out to the country. I own 56 acres, they bought the adjoining 10. Imagine how angry they were when their golden doodle and miniature schnauzer (that never leave their property) got caught in leg hold coyote traps last season! The gall of me to let someone trap predators on my property without telling them! And would I kindly pay the emergency vet bills for their dogs that were trespassing on my property.
    Now I’m trying to be a good neighbor, but……hell no! Move your city ass back where you came from. Be responsible for your own dogs. And for the record, the dogs were not hurt by the traps except for they cut their gums trying to chew their way free. Go away Karen!
    How long did it take to happen? Had you noticed the dogs turned loose before then?

If the opportunity presented itself I might have warned them that loose dogs are subject to running afoul of coyote traps. New arrivals from the city might not know coyote trapping is a thing.

Reactions: oze

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Typically (99.999%) I’ll release a dog and let him find his way home. The owner can figure out why his dog is limping and take proper measures. Cats on the other hand, …..well it‘s usually not that way.

Can’t remember my last Karen. It’s been quite a while. I live a pretty secluded life. Got a bull that’s an *** ****. Don’t know if that counts. ;)

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Year before last (2021) in a Target I had a young lady chastise me for not wearing a mask. I was about to tell her the 100+pounds of blubber she was packing was more of a threat than me not wearing a mask when my wife came around the corner. She said, "time to go!" and drug me off in the other direction. She may have saved me an azz whoopin'. :lmfao:

Emo66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2021
    Valparaiso
    They heard the dogs crying in the traps before I even knew they were in them and released them. It’s not the traps we’re on the property line, the were 100’s of yards on my property. I never even thought to let them know that they should keep their dogs in their yard. Just kinda figured that was common sense. When I was a kid our dog would roam the countryside and come home all kinds of tore up. One time even shot with a 22. Did we blame whoever shot him…. Nope. He was probably in someone’s chickens or something. I have a dog now. She stays home. I don’t have to worry about what she might get into at the neighbors. It’s called personal responsibility.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I'm so glad that they've settled on a "I'm crazy" badge that they're willing to wear.
    Makes it so much easier to know who to avoid.
    I take it you don't have any serious illnesses. I have leukemia (in remission now) and have a terrible immune system. When I started wearing a mask for covid I realized I wasn't getting sick with colds, pneumonia, bronchitis, pink eye, etc. anymore. So I will be wearing a mask when out in public likely for the rest of my life. Don't be so quick to judge others decisions.

Top Bottom