• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I recently acquired a 1911 from a fello INGO member.

It's a nice pistol....just a plain Jane mil-spec with wooden grips. Nothing fancy. It's pretty much the same pistol that JMB designed last century that has been around for well over 100 years.

When I got home, I noticed the box had this on it:

IMG_2376.JPG

I am not any more up to speed on Kalifornia laws than I am on Communist China laws. That said, if I understand correctly, a retail firearms dealer in Kalifornia could not sell this this pistol in his retail shop.

Is that a correct understanding?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

It's a nice pistol....just a plain Jane mil-spec with wooden grips. Nothing fancy. It's pretty much the same pistol that JMB designed last century that has been around for well over 100 years.

View attachment 143554

I am not any more up to speed on Kalifornia laws than I am on Communist China laws. That said, if I understand correctly, a retail firearms dealer in Kalifornia could not sell this this pistol in his retail shop.

I think you're right Red. Recently a bunch of previously approved handguns' approvals "expired" due to manufacturers not renewing their applications or whatever idiotic thing they require out there. I think a lot of the gun companies decided it wasn't worth the effort to comply with their stupid rules.

Edit: Yep, I think this thread was discussing it.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Yes, that is correct.. commiefornia has specific tests pistols have to pass before sale there. It's not easy to get something accepted probably the reason only a Gen 3 Glock can be sold there. As I understand Glock didn't want to go through the process to get the successive generations certified.

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton

View attachment 143554

You are correct unless it's to law enforcement they are not dangerous for what ever reason in a state agents hands. The manufacturer's have to pay for an inspection of firearms to be on the roster.

I'm pretty sure they just inspect to see if the manufacturer's have sent them enough money.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

View attachment 143554

Yes it is. Rather than banning certain handguns, CommieFornia requires that a gun be affirmatively approved for sale. Somewhere we have a thread on over a thousand guns being dropped off the register.

The requirements are narrow enough that a given design of gun that is approved requires being re-approved as a different gun if there is a change to barrel length, any design modification whatsoever, or different manufacturer. I am not sure about materials (i.e., blue vs stainless).

It is definitely designed as a slow-roll gun ban.
    I dont understand how they can get this past the interstate commerce clause when the Supreme Court smacked Indiana down about 30 years ago when we tried to ban the importation of out of state trash.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Unbelievable...

What the **** is it with these nannies?

They take a handgun that is an iconic pistol of 20th Century America....and prohibit it from being sold in Kalifornia?

These commies can go straight to Hell.
    What is it with them? Just an imaginative manifestation of treasonous intent.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    CA has lots of restrictions, not just guns. Want to be on an approved list to sell in CA, there's plenty law/lobby firms that will get the job done for the right money. My experience has been that it's a pretty hostile place to do business if you're not from there or china.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    CA has lots of restrictions, not just guns. Want to be on an approved list to sell in CA, there's plenty law/lobby firms that will get the job done for the right money. My experience has been that it's a pretty hostile place to do business if you're not from there or china.
    Sort of a professional shake-down. No wonder residents and businesses are leaving in droves...

:patriot:

Top Bottom