• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    Cw380 20210329_190931.jpg 20210329_190944.jpg 20210329_190946.jpg Any one had issues with the recoil spring being to weak? To allow it to be super limp or no forward pressure on the beginning part of the cycle. Or is that just how these little pistols are? Also slide doesn't lock back when mag is empty.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    I have a CW9 so not apples-to-apples. Outside of the regular is it lubed, have you shot it stuff, does the spring seem or feel too weak to you? I have heard of a need for an extended break in period for Kahr but not experienced this myself. The fact that it isn't going fully into battery is concerning as is the no lockback.

If it were mine, I would clean it real good, lube it up and go shoot at least 100 rounds to see if it loosens up. If it doesn't act right after that maybe contact your local gun store owner for help. Could be some springs, could be sending it back to manufacturer. Either wat I feel your pain and hope you find resolution!

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    When I bought my CW380 a few years back it was a jamomatic. Called customer service about it and they said I needed 200 rounds break in before they would look at it. Well a thousand rounds wouldn't have fixed it so I told them it had over 200 and sent it to them. Came back in about two weeks running like a well oiled sewing machine. They had a list of repairs done and their was more than I expected.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    When I bought my CW380 a few years back it was a jamomatic. Called customer service about it and they said I needed 200 rounds break in before they would look at it. Well a thousand rounds wouldn't have fixed it so I told them it had over 200 and sent it to them. Came back in about two weeks running like a well oiled sewing machine. They had a list of repairs done and their was more than I expected.
    Yea basically they told me to get F**ked and here a list of part your need to buy to fix it. Absolutely terrible customer service experience for me

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Hmmm, I remember mine doing that weird thing with the guide rod on reassembly. There was some trick, like you had to rack the slide to get it to seat properly.

Mine was a total jam-o-matic. Remington green box was the only ammo that wouldn't FTF at least 3 times per magazine. It was like the space between the extractor claw and the breech face was just too narrow to fit the rim of most .380 ammo. I filed on the underside of the claw to widen that space, with a little success, but it still wouldn't run most brands worth a crap. I could drop the slide from slide lock and watch it FTF on the workbench.

I ended up selling it (with informed consent) and going J-frame. Too bad, on paper and in hand I really liked the gun. It just didn't freakin work. Seems like the LCPII has crushed most of the CW380's appeal now.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    Hmmm, I remember mine doing that weird thing with the guide rod on reassembly. There was some trick, like you had to rack the slide to get it to seat properly.

Mine was a total jam-o-matic. Remington green box was the only ammo that wouldn't FTF at least 3 times per magazine. It was like the space between the extractor claw and the breech face was just too narrow to fit the rim of most .380 ammo. I filed on the underside of the claw to widen that space, with a little success, but it still wouldn't run most brands worth a crap. I could drop the slide from slide lock and watch it FTF on the workbench.

I ended up selling it (with informed consent) and going J-frame. Too bad, on paper and in hand I really liked the gun. It just didn't freakin work. Seems like the LCPII has crushed most of the CW380's appeal now.
    Mine shoots great just doesn't lock up on mt mag and spring is weak. I ordered new recoil springs (backordered) so we shall see.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've owned one for several years now with zero issues! About the only time I carry it is for marryins and buryins. Great little gun if you get one that runs!

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No - something seems off if you are able to move the slide freely for the first bit of travel. On every Kahr I've owned, the springs have been excessively tight (thus part of the 200 round break end period). My used P380 that I had was no exception.

Maybe a dumb question but do you have both recoil springs? If I remember correctly (no longer have the P380, sorry) but there were 2 recoil springs, one inside of the other. Might want to confirm you have 2 :).

Sorry to hear about the customer experience. I recently had a similar bad experience with them also. I used to be a huge brand advocate for them but no longer will be supporting them after my experience. There's just too many other options out there that have better customer experience.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    No - something seems off if you are able to move the slide freely for the first bit of travel. On every Kahr I've owned, the springs have been excessively tight (thus part of the 200 round break end period). My used P380 that I had was no exception.

Maybe a dumb question but do you have both recoil springs? If I remember correctly (no longer have the P380, sorry) but there were 2 recoil springs, one inside of the other. Might want to confirm you have 2 :).

Sorry to hear about the customer experience. I recently had a similar bad experience with them also. I used to be a huge brand advocate for them but no longer will be supporting them after my experience. There's just too many other options out there that have better customer experience.
    Yes I have both they are definitely weak for sure. I ordered 2 new ones but they are back ordered of course

Top Bottom