• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sitcomdad83

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2021
    Indiana
    My carry gun is a 2 tone ct9 it's been flawless and was stoked to get another one this time in black cerakote. I picked it up earlier today.
    Right away saw magwell looks like a hacksaw was used flays all over, back of frame polymer uneven and frayed deep cuts on both sides of dust cover in front of rails and frame screw overt ok rquedbadcand deep into frame.Though I don't think any of the these issues will affect function its crazy to think this slipped past qc. The biggie is the overtorquing of the frame plate screw which is a big kahr no no. Only way to fix that is to get a larger screw and screw it into frame hoping that enough frame left to bite into. Kahr is sending a shipping label and covering under warranty and tech was super professional and said they would likely replace frame. Still love kahr guess it was somebody's last day or something.

Attachments

• IMG_20220504_114305.jpg
      IMG_20220504_114305.jpg
      646.5 KB · Views: 54
    • IMG_20220504_115130.jpg
      IMG_20220504_115130.jpg
      549.6 KB · Views: 54
    • IMG_20220504_114241.jpg
      IMG_20220504_114241.jpg
      581.8 KB · Views: 54

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Was this an Internet buy or did you get it from an LGS?

This is my biggest beef in the age of Internet everything, you don’t know what you got until you get it. I like to inspect everything before I take possession and this goes with cars or anything.

Good to know that their customer service made it right though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Glad they took care of it. Every gun Ive ever had to send back was always taken care of awesomely. (not them, multiple other companies like PSA, Heritage, etc)

Anyone have any manufacturers that didnt care?

Sitcomdad83

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2021
    Indiana
    Was this an Internet buy or did you get it from an LGS?

This is my biggest beef in the age of Internet everything, you don’t know what you got until you get it. I like to inspect everything before I take possession and this goes with cars or anything.

Good to know that their customer service made it right though.
    Lgs they ordered it last week. It was new and should've looked closer. There was so much oil from factory the bag gun was in had it freestanding. The screw I didn't notice antil I soaked up oil in the crevice. Can't wait to get it back my other kahrs are great shooters.

Sitcomdad83

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2021
    Indiana
    Got ct9 back today. New side plate installed, magwell beveled nice gouges smoothed out and they put 3 mags thru. I put 4 more mags thru today no problems. Got it back in 16 days.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Ages ago I had a CW-40. Was a good little gun that I had - in a time where I didn't know much about nothin'.

Shot it at the range a bunch - until I had a piece of the upper part of the frame crack off. Probably wouldn't have mattered much; it wasn't near a frame rail. Wasn't load bearing. But it was still concerning. Sent it back... They replaced the frame.

And then it would drop mags when I was firing. Next to last round in the mag - mag would drop out. Turns out the new frame + old mag catch weren't playing nice. So - back to Kahr again for inspection and a new mag catch (learned that was the issue after I got it back. Again.)

I then ran another few hundred rounds through it to be sure it was good to go - and then sold it with full disclosure of the issues. I just couldn't bring myself to trust it.

If I'd have had a CW-9 instead of the -40, I may very well still have that gun today.

They make a good product...and they're sure proud of them, too.

Unfortunately - they seem to have stopped innovating. They've been passed by by almost everyone now. All kinds of manufacturers make single stack guns now; and many are making stack and a half.

If Kahr would make a 1.5 stack gun that would compete with the Sig P365 and/or the Shield Plus - it'd definitely be worth considering.

Top Bottom