• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Christow19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2017
    Greencastle
    I have had several experiences with Kahrs shooting there CW series and there K series pistols. I believe I’ve even shot there E series 9mm. I have always been fond of these guns and they always feel well made and are great shooters. I make this post wanting to see others thoughts on these handguns. They seem very under the radar and it seems like many people either don’t know of them or don’t care for or about them. What are your thoughts? How do you feel about Kahr Arms handguns?

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    I had a Kahr CW 45 for a while. Shot well and carried even easier. Only down sides were the trigger pull was a bit heavy for me and that little "bump" in the trigger guard made it different to get my old fat finger on the trigger in a hurry. If not for those 2 things, I would still have it.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    I have had a couple and currently still pocket carry a PM9....They have always been reliable and concealability is a definite plus...Thin and pretty lightweight and very well constructed. In a world of abundant choices, folks are looking for the most bang for their buck I think....with a 7 round capacity and a 6.5 to 7 pound trigger pull, I believe Kahrs just aren't on their radar...too bad because they are a very good choice as a micro carry pistol....I know several folks that have a Kahr or two and no one I have talked to had any problems with them....I am confident the Kahr will work exactly as intended in a defensive situation....

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I've always been a Kahr fan, and currently have a K9 and a CT380. Use the K9 at the range and the night stand and the CT380 stays in my pocket.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Haven't thought of Kahr for quite some time. Nothing wrong with Kahr pistols. I used to carry them back in the day, have owned the K9, K40, CW9, CW45 and the CM9. They are kind of obsolescent, as the trend is towards the same small sized pistols with at least 10+1 capacity, optics ready and crisp striker-fired triggers with short resets. Kahr pistols are still very good options for those unconcerned with higher capacity and don't mind the long DA style trigger pull.

These days see my Shield Plus, Hellcat Pro or Glock 43x as my concealed carry options. I'm not really interested in Kahr's polymer frame models anymore, but I do kind of miss my steel frame K9 and K40, as they were as much works of art as they were good pistols. If I see one of the used K series pistols in a gun shop case at a good price, I might accidentally buy it for nostalgia's sake.

Christow19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2017
    Greencastle
    I have had a couple and currently still pocket carry a PM9....They have always been reliable and concealability is a definite plus...Thin and pretty lightweight and very well constructed. In a world of abundant choices, folks are looking for the most bang for their buck I think....with a 7 round capacity and a 6.5 to 7 pound trigger pull, I believe Kahrs just aren't on their radar...too bad because they are a very good choice as a micro carry pistol....I know several folks that have a Kahr or two and no one I have talked to had any problems with them....I am confident the Kahr will work exactly as intended in a defensive situation....
    Yes I agree. I was talking to someone and they had the same thought. People look to the bigger capacities and discard Kahr as an option. Which is a shame considering their quality. It would be nice to see them dabble in the compact game with a high mag capacity

Christow19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2017
    Greencastle
    Haven't thought of Kahr for quite some time. Nothing wrong with Kahr pistols. I used to carry them back in the day, have owned the K9, K40, CW9, CW45 and the CM9. They are kind of obsolescent, as the trend is towards the same small sized pistols with at least 10+1 capacity, optics ready and crisp striker-fired triggers with short resets. Kahr pistols are still very good options for those unconcerned with higher capacity and don't mind the long DA style trigger pull.

These days see my Shield Plus, Hellcat Pro or Glock 43x as my concealed carry options. I'm not really interested in Kahr's polymer frame models anymore, but I do kind of miss my steel frame K9 and K40, as they were as much works of art as they were good pistols. If I see one of the used K series pistols in a gun shop case at a good price, I might accidentally buy it for nostalgia's sake.
    That was always my biggest draw to them, the steel frames. They just feel really well made in the hand and you can tell they are quality guns

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have carried a Kahr PM9 constantly since I got it not long after they first came out. Practice with it regularly and am constantly and happily surprised to be able to hit an 8x10 sheet of paper at 25 yards, well beyond what a compact pistol is designed for. It has also been 100% reliable after several thousand rounds.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    No personal experience, but I've always thought they were neat guns, and would totally own one if I had the chance, alway heard great things about them, and seemed to be well made.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I only have a sample size of one CW380. Unfortunately it wouldn't run with hardly any ammunition. Seemed like it was an issue with all but the thinnest .380 rims not being able to fit under the extractor. I did a little work on the extractor trying to open that space up but ultimately did not see much improvement. I could literally sit there and drop the slide and watch it FTF.

Too bad. I thought it had an amazing little form factor. It was pleasant to shoot, when it shot.

I understand the rest of the Kahr line is basically the same design and same trigger type just scaled up or down. Pretty obsolescent nowadays.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Have a CT9 and a P9. Both have been excellent carry pistols. I like the trigger pulls on Kahrs because they mimic the trigger of a S&W revolver.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If I want limited capacity, steel frames and DA trigger pull I’ll stay 3rd gen smith.
    I’d take a Kahr K9 over a 3913 or similar 3rd gen S&W any day of the week. The Kahr is more compact, lower bore axis, lighter and smoother DA trigger, better looking and no annoying mag disconnect safety. The Kahr is also still in production.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I’d take a Kahr K9 over a 3913 or similar 3rd gen S&W any day of the week. The Kahr is more compact, lower bore axis, lighter and smoother DA trigger, better looking and no annoying mag disconnect safety. The Kahr is also still in production.
    I disagree with all but the bore axis and mag disconnect. The rest are subject to opinion.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I’ve had good luck with them. Great little carry option with a nice predictable dao pull. Limited capacity was why I moved on to other things but I would definitely recommend a kahr if someone was interested in them

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Kahr Arms.....some hits, some misses. No problem with them.
    Most of their products look well made and of substantial materials.

Something about their styling/finish/method of construction always brought to mind Seecamp pistols.
    Anybody else pick up that vibe?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My wife has a CM9, very small, very good shooter, has given us no issues besides the recoil spring being very strong. I just wish they made a double stack.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    If I want limited capacity, steel frames and DA trigger pull I’ll stay 3rd gen smith.
    I disagree with all but the bore axis and mag disconnect. The rest are subject to opinion.
    Well, first of all...there is no such thing as a 3913 with a steel frame. They are aluminum. So there's that. And you mentioned limited capacity, so I didn't take you to mean the bigger double-stack S&W 3rd Gen pistols. We are talking small, single stack pistols.

We agree on the bore axis and mag disconnect. That's good, because those are facts.

But it's not a matter of opinion that 3rd Gen S&W pistols are out of production.

Also not a matter of opinion is that the K9 is more compact than the 3913. 6.25" overall length on the K9, 6.8" on the 3913. Width is the same, 0.9" wide. K9 is also shorter in height, 4.87" vs 5.0" on the 3913. So any way you slice it, the K9 is more compact than the 3913.

Trigger pull can be subjective on smoothness, but no 3rd Gen S&W has a DA trigger pull lighter than a Kahr K9, which is around 5.8 lbs. I have owned a S&W 3953, the DAO version of the 3913, and I'm sure the DA trigger pull was heavier than the K9 that I owned, and much less smooth. The difference being the DA pull on the 3953 is actually working a hammer, vs the striker fired DA pull on the K9. Kahr pistols are famous for their trigger smoothness, so this is a widely held observation.

The only thing that really comes down to pure opinion is the looks. Both are good looking guns, but I think the K9 has smoother lines and a more handsome profile than the S&W 3900 series.

3953.jpg

K9.jpg

YMMV. :)

Top Bottom