Justice Department proposes new regulation on firearm definitions that targets 'ghost guns'

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Once again politicians focus on the wrong thing... the THING! When police departments start proactive policing to reduce serious crimes in crime ridden neighborhoods, the same politicians cry out against them. The news piece I saw had a photo of AR-15 type rifles. "Figures don't lie, but liars can figure!" That was just to sway the uninformed to hate the THING, so politicians can have enough public opinion on their side to pass laws against the THING. Then they can take steps to eventually confiscate the THING from 99% of the citizens who are not and never have been the the problem. Don't be confused, these politicians are and have always been intent on disarming the U.S. citizenry.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I wouldn't pin my hopes on 8th Circuit. Major error in oral arguments. One of the judges asked the GOA attorney about "Chevron Deference" regarding the BATFE rule, and he let it go by unchallenged. He should have IMMEDIATELY responded that "Chevron Deference" DOES NOT APPLY when rules carry criminal penalties . . . 10 years in prison and $250,000 per violation. The "Rule of Lenity" applies. This could be a FATAL error with the court ruling BATFE has "Chevron Deference" to do what it damn well pleases.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I wouldn't pin my hopes on 8th Circuit. Major error in oral arguments. One of the judges asked the GOA attorney about "Chevron Deference" regarding the BATFE rule, and he let it go by unchallenged. He should have IMMEDIATELY responded that "Chevron Deference" DOES NOT APPLY when rules carry criminal penalties . . . 10 years in prison and $250,000 per violation. The "Rule of Lenity" applies. This could be a FATAL error with the court ruling BATFE has "Chevron Deference" to do what it damn well pleases.
    Not to mention, Chevron was a **** poor ruling to begin with.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    For sure... That question re; Chevron should have been a slam dunk response. :patriot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom