• ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    PXL_20220701_143927438.MP.jpg

Did ok on this DOM. Did not use my time wisely at the 25 finishing it in 10 seconds. I am not saying I should have slowed down, I just should have been more precise as I almost pulled my first round out being in too much of a hurry. Barely made the time on the reload, but I did do it from slidelock. Also barely made the 7 yard 1 shot time. This is why working with timers is important. My draw felt fast, but reality said it wasn't

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    With hat in hand, I present my results from this morning. I used a First Person Saftety TxT target.

String 1 - 4/6 in 15 seconds. Hit the first round from the holster but pulled the next two. No excuses, just didn't have it today and was sub par.

String 2- 1 hit in 1.49

String 3 - 7 hits in 3.91

String 4 - 2 hits with a 2.08 slidelock reload

Pretty solid test and I will run it again as a cold start for the next session or two.

I spent the rest of the day working on longer stuff (fbi bullseye, some 25 freestyle and TLG's sweet 16) and had some odd uncalled flyers at 25 with my current practice gun using the blazer 115 aluminum. I'm loath to blame anything but my lacking skillset but as a check I posted a 293 (vs a 269 for my practice gun) on the fbi bullseye using a partners shadow systems dr920, which likes the ammo a bit more.

Regardless I had some sloppy cold work at 25 and need to rectify it. I'm glad I ran this test and identified today's weak spot and put a touch of work in toward improving it.

Attachments

• 20220703_100024.jpg
      20220703_100024.jpg
      219.5 KB · Views: 1

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Sir: Thanks for this post. Read the rangemaster N L pdf. I’ll be looking into the shotgun class in Ohio. Will have to discuss it with the boss, see how it fits with her schedule. Again thank you.

Tom Givens

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    Memphis
    Sir: Thanks for this post. Read the rangemaster N L pdf. I’ll be looking into the shotgun class in Ohio. Will have to discuss it with the boss, see how it fits with her schedule. Again thank you.
    Our newsletter is posted to rangemaster.com every month around the first. If I forget to post a notice here, just go the website and check it out each month. We have a good Drill of the Month every issue.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Our newsletter is posted to rangemaster.com every month around the first. If I forget to post a notice here, just go the website and check it out each month. We have a good Drill of the Month every issue.

OK, just read last month’s thanks again.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    With hat in hand, I present my results from this morning. I used a First Person Saftety TxT target.

String 1 - 4/6 in 15 seconds. Hit the first round from the holster but pulled the next two. No excuses, just didn't have it today and was sub par.

String 2- 1 hit in 1.49

String 3 - 7 hits in 3.91

String 4 - 2 hits with a 2.08 slidelock reload

Pretty solid test and I will run it again as a cold start for the next session or two.

I spent the rest of the day working on longer stuff (fbi bullseye, some 25 freestyle and TLG's sweet 16) and had some odd uncalled flyers at 25 with my current practice gun using the blazer 115 aluminum. I'm loath to blame anything but my lacking skillset but as a check I posted a 293 (vs a 269 for my practice gun) on the fbi bullseye using a partners shadow systems dr920, which likes the ammo a bit more.

Regardless I had some sloppy cold work at 25 and need to rectify it. I'm glad I ran this test and identified today's weak spot and put a touch of work in toward improving it.
    I don't know if you remember, but I had some really bad results not too long back with some Blazer Brass. Bad ammo can definitely be a thing. Usually, it is just my fault though.

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    I don't know if you remember, but I had some really bad results not too long back with some Blazer Brass. Bad ammo can definitely be a thing. Usually, it is just my fault though.
    I recalled reading about issues fairly recently, but i couldn't remember who exactly it was. I'm still chalking it up to me. Certainly not going to hold on to it. The same ammo did fine in other guns and I'm sure it's a combo of me not performing cold and the kkm not liking that particular load, me being the strong issue.

That's the value of cold performance though, isn't it. It's easy to set your expectation to what you do warmed up but there is some sort of gap that we are constantly working minimizing. I just got to see the difference and it was not up to my expectation. A spotlight on a problem area that needs attention.

And the cycle continues ;)

Top Bottom