• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    From what i read earlier today the Highland Park police never reported any of this to the state police otherwise the kid may never have been able to get the firearms.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    The Highland Park PD did send a notice to the State Police about the incident. The State Police acknowledged they received it but they said at the time the FOID application was reviewed prior to approval three months after the incident there were no signs of clear and present danger and since there weren't any complaints filed and no arrests were made the application was approved.

As far as the father's involvement he claims that he did not know about the incident at the time he sponsored the FOID application for his son because he was not yet 21.

This article goes into all the details surrounding the two incidents and the subsequent FOID application.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The Highland Park PD did send a notice to the State Police about the incident. The State Police acknowledged they received it but they said at the time the FOID application was reviewed prior to approval three months later there was no sign of clear and present danger and since there weren't any complaints filed and no arrests were made the application was approved.

As far as the father's involvement he claims that he did not know about the incident at the and he sponsored the FOID application for his son because he was not yet 21.

This article goes into all the details surrounding the two incidents and the subsequent FOID application.

Gun control works....

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They took his knives away, and then decided that he was not a threat, so they gave him back his knives. By deeming him not a threat and returning his weapons, there would be no flag in the NICS program. If he was deemed a threat and his knives not returned, then he should not have been able to pass the NICS, but he was deemed ok so no threat, pass background check, get your firearms legally.

There is something broken there, but he managed to work the system perfectly.
    The father said the knives were his and they were returned to him.

According to a second Illinois State Police statement issued late Tuesday evening, a report from Highland Park police said Crimo’s father told them the confiscated knives belonged to him. The report also said the knives were returned to the father.
    You know what I find odd is that the father claims he didn't know about the prior incident at the time he sponsored his kid's FOID application three months after it happened but then there was this report that the father claimed the confiscated knives were his and the Highland Park PD returned them to him. I would just like to know when that happened. If it was prior to the FOID application, then the father would have had to have known about it.

All I know if it was my kid, and I knew about him attempting suicide and threatening to kill other family members I absolutely would not have sponsored his FOID application three months after it happened.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Now I'm seeing a report on WTHR saying he planned another shooting in Madison, WI, which is where he drove after leaving the scene in Highland Park. Apparently he confessed to that. He's being held without bail, and if convicted, faces life in prison.
    Did he hear Kyle Rittenhouse was in Madison?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Alright....I've seen this report on the tell a vision, heard it on the radio, and then went to look it up.

From the story:

"In total, police found two assault rifles, one handgun and 223 rounds of ammunition at the home, Smith said."

Does anybody else wonder if dingleberry found was a box labeled .223?

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Alright....I've seen this report on the tell a vision, heard it on the radio, and then went to look it up.

From the story:

"In total, police found two assault rifles, one handgun and 223 rounds of ammunition at the home, Smith said."

Does anybody else wonder if some what some dingleberry found was a box labeled .223?
    I always look for 556 pack. They cost nearly the same!

download (2).gif

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If they are that dangerous, they shouldn't be allowed to walk freely among the sane so they can find something else to kill or maim with.
    ...which requires due process to determine if that is the case. Red flag laws may sound necessary and good in theory; the problem is, it is nearly impossible to enforce them effectively without grossly violating due process rights.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The rifle that was used was a Keltec sub 2000. NOT an "assault weapon." Or a weapon of war.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom