John Wick: Chapter 4’ Shows Series Isn’t Dead (Yet)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Watched it on opening day with my boys. Definitely kept with the whole theme of the series, but it wasn't my favorite movie of the whole franchise.

Couple thoughts (trying to avoid spoilers):

1. Gratuitous violence and killing. I think this one had more killing than all the others combined. Felt like this movie was more of a "How can we make a movie with the maximum amount of death while still loosely following a story line?"
    2. Numerous plot holes. It was like they gave him one main quest with 4-5 mini quests that he had to do to get to the final boss, but didn't give a great amount of detail or background for any of said quests. Some of the new characters introduced in this movie should have had some time spent on background to help understand the connections.
    3. Some of the choreography felt like the old kung-fu movies where one guy is surrounded by 20 bad guys but they only come at him one at a time. Meanwhile, the other bad guys are making movements like they are engaging, but actually aren't. The previous movies did a better job of Wick engaging multiple attackers at once.
    4. The tactical gun work present in previous movies was still there in this one, but some of it felt a little hokey in this one. Like firing more rounds than a gun is capable of without a reload. Using Dragon's Breath shotgun shells during one long scene. Rather than picking up one of the hundreds of discarded guns from the dead bad guys, he uses bare hands, nunchucks, and even a stripped pistol frame at one point.

Like I said, the producers wanted to focus the movie more on the killing, and they nailed that. Some movies have some really cool fight scenes, but this movie is nearly 3 hours of nothing but fight scenes. I'll watch it again once it comes out on TV if I happen to see it on, but IMO it wasn't quite as good as the previous movies in the series. That being said, I was quite entertained by it.

Last edited:

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Wait....

You haven't seen it and you magically declare that It's going on.

Based on what?

Speaking of magic, perhaps you can find anywhere in my post where I stated, implied, hinted, or DECLARED as a personal opinion anything in my post about what is or is not going on. Maybe you can share with us specifically upon what you based your comment and concern?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Will be heading down to see some family down south soon and have plans to see this with my son. Been a big fan of the series to date. Haven't been to a theater since before the pandemic, let alone an almost 3 hour movie, but want don't want to wait to stream this one.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Saw it in IMAX at the state museum. It was bonkers. There are probably five setpieces that would be a climax by themselves in a lesser movie.

I lost count around a full company of dead bad guys.

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    Pumped for this. Just watched 3 a couple a weeks ago (RIP Lance Reddick) and thought it couldn't get more ridiculous than that. Based on reviews, sounds like 4 got more ridiculous in a good way.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Based on the others it was pretty obvious the body count would be thru the roof. Hopefully it was a series ender because any believability factor left the room after 2.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Watched it on opening day with my boys. Definitely kept with the whole theme of the series, but it wasn't my favorite movie of the whole franchise.

Couple thoughts (trying to avoid spoilers):

1. Gratuitous violence and killing. I think this one had more killing than all the others combined. Felt like this movie was more of a "How can we make a movie with the maximum amount of death while still loosely following a story line?"
    2. Numerous plot holes. It was like they gave him one main quest with 4-5 mini quests that he had to do to get to the final boss, but didn't give a great amount of detail or background for any of said quests. Some of the new characters introduced in this movie should have had some time spent on background to help understand the connections.
    3. Some of the choreography felt like the old kung-fu movies where one guy is surrounded by 20 bad guys but they only come at him one at a time. Meanwhile, the other bad guys are making movements like they are engaging, but actually aren't. The previous movies did a better job of Wick engaging multiple attackers at once.
    4. The tactical gun work present in previous movies was still there in this one, but some of it felt a little hokey in this one. Like firing more rounds than a gun is capable of without a reload. Using Dragon's Breath shotgun shells during one long scene. Rather than picking up one of the hundreds of discarded guns from the dead bad guys, he uses bare hands, nunchucks, and even a stripped pistol frame at one point.

Like I said, the producers wanted to focus the movie more on the killing, and they nailed that. Some movies have some really cool fight scenes, but this movie is nearly 3 hours of nothing but fight scenes. I'll watch it again once it comes out on TV if I happen to see it on, but IMO it wasn't quite as good as the previous movies in the series. That being said, I was quite entertained by it.
    :thumbsup:
    Gotta agree on pretty much everything here. ^^^^ #3 stuck out pretty bad.
    Too much unlimited ammo, other movies did a better job of showing reloads and scavenging ammo/guns.
    Also, he should have been more banged up after some of the falls/hits etc. Felt like "terminator lite".
    Nobody can fall off a building like John Wick.
    Good popcorn movie though.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I enjoyed them I guess. The third one was so boring he did the same killove on everyone through the whole damn thing. Just very repetition and boring. I'll watch this one when it hits a streaming service

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Sorry, I saw it this weekend. John Wick has devolved into a Looney Tunes cartoon. The fight scenes were so long they became boring, and apparently, John can survive literally anything just by laying down dramatically for a few seconds, then slowly trotting off to the next scene.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Don’t forget John Wick can kill literally anyone with nothing but a pencil, but he will get his ass handed to him by a morbidly obese out of shape gangster dude.

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Never like it when people attribute stuff to me that doesn't belong there and never will. If people can't read a post properly that is on them. If it seems harsh it is because others here have publicly accused me of posting ugly things that i never did, and had a moderator back them up and call me a liar without allowing me to respond. It is a sensitive spot with me and the reason why i rarely post stuff.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    John-Wick-Press-Check.gif

Top Bottom