• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I don't worship him. Nobody I know worships him. So, again, I'll have to take your word for it
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you personally worshiped the guy, I was making a generalization about Hoosiers in general. In my experience, there are a lot of people in this state that excuse his well-earned reputation of being a leftist prick because he is from here and sang some catchy songs a half a century ago. I guess people from Indiana are not immune to the celebrity worship culture.
    I'll have to take your word for it as I'm unable to glean his inner thoughts from a photograph.

I also can't glean his inner thoughts from a photo, but I can make an assessment on patterns of a person's past statements and behavior.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I don't think he was sitting to get attention.

It looks like he is unaware that he is even being videoed.

This is different to me than the people kneeling to protest. This puts him on par with the rest of the people sitting in the stands, they just don't respect the national anthem as much as the ones who are standing.

He's an insufferable ass. He treats the people in local crews like dirt (insists that they turn away when he walks by because "they didn't pay to see his face").

It's difficult to say if he was standing for something by sitting, or if he was just too much of a putz to stand up.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    When I owned a company in Bloomington we did work for him several times on various properties that he owned and did a lot of the background work so that he could build his current home on the lake. Saying that he was a grade A pr!ck would be an understatement. I was a big fan in my youth, saw him several times in concert includng once at Little 5 and once in the front row at a small private venue. It's always disappointing to learn that someone that you liked and respected was not what you thought they were. This picture does not suprise me in the least.

Dirty Steve

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    When I owned a company in Bloomington we did work for him several times on various properties that he owned and did a lot of the background work so that he could build his current home on the lake. Saying that he was a grade A pr!ck would be an understatement. I was a big fan in my youth, saw him several times in concert includng once at Little 5 and once in the front row at a small private venue. It's always disappointing to learn that someone that you liked and respected was not what you thought they were. This picture does not suprise me in the least.

Dirty Steve
    They say never meet your childhood heroes. You'll be disappointed.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    He bought his daughter a $750,000.00 home in Bloomington & she still hates him. lol Hey, if you buy me a $750,000.00 home, I promise I'll like you. lol IDK, like I mentioned earlier, for me, if you admit it, that is a bit different. I guess because at least you have fair warning. ?
    Kind of when you first go to the big city. They seem like big A-Holes. I thought that til I learned the game. They don't mess around with small talk or social graces. Just get to the point. I remember the first time I said, "Thank you". The lady replied, "YOU'RE WELCOME!". Like I was some kind of weetahd. Jeez, what a beatch. But hey, I can play that game too now that I learned the rules. lol it's all good.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Well, I'm sure most have heard the rumors. I knew or met a few people who knew him. Including a bandmate and a daughter of his. None of them had anything good to say about him. lol Apparently, he is a narcissistic A-Hole. I won't go into details about the things he supposedly did, because, it's all second hand knowledge. But, it's not good. I've also heard he doesn't deny it and doesn't give a crap. So, I guess I have to give him credit for that. lol

I love his music. Amazed at how each album is stylistically different from previous work yet consistent within the album. Few artists ever achieve that.

That said, I know a guy who used to work for him and he said the same thing, narcissistic A-Hole was pretty much the exact description he gave.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I love his music. Amazed at how each album is stylistically different from previous work yet consistent within the album. Few artists ever achieve that.

That said, I know a guy who used to work for him and he said the same thing, narcissistic A-Hole was pretty much the exact description he gave.
    I enjoy Springsteen's and his young angry years more so than todays music.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Never been a fan of Johnny Cougar or his music, and I've always had the feeling going way back he's not a person I'd want to know.
    So this doesn't surprise me.

This was reinforced by somebody who met him MANY years ago in "The Bluebird" at Bloomington, IN in the late 70's during Johnny's band's break.
    This person told me Johnny sat next to him at the bar during the break, and in talking to him QUICKLY came to the conclusion that Johnny was an *-hole.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

Dirty Steve
    Man, I must ask. You are not the Steve from Danville who played drums for him are you?

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    How the Hell can he make a song like Scarecrow and not stand for the flag?

He is dead to me and probably most Hoosiers now.
    I tell ya, If I see him around town, Indy, Bloomington I will let em know it.

That he is just another woke libtard.

Top Bottom