• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Well, I'm sure most have heard the rumors. I knew or met a few people who knew him. Including a bandmate and a daughter of his. None of them had anything good to say about him. lol Apparently, he is a narcissistic A-Hole. I won't go into details about the things he supposedly did, because, it's all second hand knowledge. But, it's not good. I've also heard he doesn't deny it and doesn't give a crap. So, I guess I have to give him credit for that. lol

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Well, I'm sure most have heard the rumors. I knew or met a few people who knew him. Including a bandmate and a daughter of his. None of them had anything good to say about him. lol Apparently, he is a narcissistic A-Hole. I won't go into details about the things he supposedly did, because, it's all second hand knowledge. But, it's not good. I've also heard he doesn't deny it and doesn't give a crap. So, I guess I have to give him credit for that. lol

This is an internet thread: Great place for second-hand rumors... What did he "allegedly" do? He's a dedicated leftist who seems to actually hate the USA. But personal stories (whether confirmed or not) are more fun.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is an internet thread: Great place for second-hand rumors... What did he "allegedly" do? He's a dedicated leftist who seems to actually hate the USA. But personal stories (whether confirmed or not) are more fun.

I dated a woman in the 90's that said she tried to put Mellencamp in prison. She said the pending case went away, when Mellencamp build Mellencamp Pavilion. :n00b:

I won't add to the rumors, but this woman didn't pass the info along in jest. When Cherry Bomb came on the radio, she'd shut it off. She wasn't making anything up.

I cannot attest to anything, but the woman believed it.

:twocents:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm older than that. Growing up in the south, no one cared. SEC football was what we cared about related to college sports (still do).
    Basketball, especially IU wasn't even a thought.
    Having grown up in the south but having lived up hear for nearly 40 years, I still don’t care. Basketball season shouldn’t start until football is over with…and frankly, for me—it doesn’t.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Having grown up in the south but having lived up hear for nearly 40 years, I still don’t care. Basketball season shouldn’t start until football is over with…and frankly, for me—it doesn’t.
    Maybe football season should shut it down before basketball season? Remember when football bowl games were thanksgiving weekend and done? Not mid January?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I ran into Mellencamp a few years ago at a random place. He was polite and likable in the 10 second interaction I had with him. I enjoyed his music, and still do (up to and including human wheels, that one was and is still one of my favorites).

All that being said, I’ve never heard much positive about him.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I'm older than that. Growing up in the south, no one cared. SEC football was what we cared about related to college sports (still do).
    Basketball, especially IU wasn't even a thought.
    Of course, you didn't care about IU basketball. That's what I would expect. Why would anyone growing up in the South care about IU basketball? Growing up in Indiana, I didn't know anyone who cared about SEC football. That's the way it should be. LOL.

Top Bottom