• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yeah, it’s odd. One of the reasons I’ve heard is to prove it is/isn’t him in the grave. Apparently there’s a widespread belief that it wasn’t really Dillinger killed outside the biograph theatre.:dunno:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Yeah, it’s odd. One of the reasons I’ve heard is to prove it is/isn’t him in the grave. Apparently there’s a widespread belief that it wasn’t really Dillinger killed outside the biograph theatre.:dunno:
    I'd bet a dollar to a donut that those tough officers that Hoover hired to track him down didn't make a mistake in identity. Whether or not Dillinger's body was taken afterwards and another body put in its place and buried is another question entirely.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I just made it up that Dillinger and the woman in red hired a look-a-like to take Dillinger's place. The double got killed and Dillinger hightailed it out of the midwest. I just made this up so it's got to have some merit to it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    His nephew made the request. I wonder if it’s something to do with DNA testing. You think there is any money associated with Dillinger’s name?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    His nephew made the request. I wonder if it’s something to do with DNA testing. You think there is any money associated with Dillinger’s name?

His nephew? So one of my siblings kids and have me dug up on a whim?

...No sir, I don't like it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    "Break out of THAT you S.O.B" was probably the sentiment behind that.

It may have been to keep people from from digging him up for the souvenirs. Same thing with Bonnie and Clyde, people were grabbing clothing and hair off them after Hamer and the boys ended their criminal activity (and hauled them into town in the "death car").

Either that or Hoover's boys ventilated the wrong guy and covered it up. It's a nephew behind the digging-up. DNA testing?

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    There was a discussion on the WIBC last night about this. Someone else in his extended family said that it is believed he wasnt killed in Chicago and has been living in Florida since. He would be 95 now.
    On a personal thought I bet that there is some TV channel or whatnot picking up the tab on this. Next year we will probably be seeing some sort of documentary about it.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    You are correct about the documentary. The History Channel is covering this.
    The permit was granted back in June.
    Maybe there's a vintage Thompson or two in there.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I had never heard of him being alive. I guess they'll make some money off the show they are filming. If he was alive after all of these years I think it would be funny.
    I hadn't heard about that either. I should have thought, "Follow the Money!". The History Channel got a lot of sponsors to support the search for Bigfoot and Aliens. I don't think that they have found either!

Top Bottom