Jim Irsay - The Kurt Cobain “Smells Like Teen Spirit” Fender Mustang guitar is now part of “The Collection”

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’ve listened to Nevermind at least once a week since it came out. I absolutely loved Nirvana, they were one of the few bands I ever liked the very first time I heard them.

I loved them not only because of what they were, but also because they killed that god awful hair metal bull ****.

I still find it hard to watch the unplugged performance.

If I had several million extra bucks laying around, I would have been bidding my ass off on that guitar.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Rumor has it that at some time the total collection will be on display in Indianapolis at a downtown “museum“ he wants the local government to help out funding a forever home. If not he is first taking the collection to New York City Nashville Austin Chicago LA and Cleveland.

Elton John’s piano Jerry Lee Lewis piano
    the original manuscript for “on the road”
    countless guitars: prince (yes the one at the Super Bowl) bob Dylan (yes the one on the album cover) CSN&Y (he is good friends with Steven stills) Kurt‘s and Eric Clapton.
    countless albums ( Beatles butcher block) ect.
    countless posters all the ones that are rare
    signed letters by presidents Lincoln Jefferson Washington
    ALI’s shoes from the triller in Manila

I hear he has about the same amount invested in the collection as the new and old stadium cost the tax payers to build. Now who gets to host the collection?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I still find it hard to watch the unplugged performance.
    The Unplugged album was one of the first CDs I ever bought myself. Also one of my favorites. I have another Nirvana album that I bought because I liked Unplugged so much. That next album, though, I never really liked much. Turns out that I'm not really much of a fan of Nirvana save that one album - and a few of their other songs that hit the mainstream. (Much to the chagrin of Kurt Cobain who really felt like he was selling out of the music that he wanted to make vs. the music that was being made...and making them a ton of money)

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Rumor has it that at some time the total collection will be on display in Indianapolis at a downtown “museum“ he wants the local government to help out funding a forever home. If not he is first taking the collection to New York City Nashville Austin Chicago LA and Cleveland.

Elton John’s piano Jerry Lee Lewis piano
    the original manuscript for “on the road”
    countless guitars: prince (yes the one at the Super Bowl) bob Dylan (yes the one on the album cover) CSN&Y (he is good friends with Steven stills) Kurt‘s and Eric Clapton.
    countless albums ( Beatles butcher block) ect.
    countless posters all the ones that are rare
    signed letters by presidents Lincoln Jefferson Washington
    ALI’s shoes from the triller in Manila

I hear he has about the same amount invested in the collection as the new and old stadium cost the tax payers to build. Now who gets to host the collection?
    I remember seeing the guitars in a display at the Eitlejorg Museum a number of years ago. It was really, really impressive back then.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I wonder if Irsay is the guy that bought Duane Allmans les Paul goldtop a couple years ago?

I got to see it out of its display case when we were at the Bighouse museum in Macon Georgia, I HAD to touch it but didn’t hold it, didn’t even ask. I had seen it there on a previous trip, but had heard it had been sold, and was surprised to see it was still there the last time we went.

The museum curator/director said it indeed had been sold, but wouldn’t say who the buyer was, and was letting the bighouse display it a little longer.

Top Bottom