• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, the RDB (and RFB) are both ambi, and it is easy to switch the charging handle. I have all 3, and though I like the X95 (better controls and mag release, more quality workmanship), the RDB is cheaper (both cost and workmanship) and is actually really ambi without all the extra expense. Outfit it with the Lucky Irishman fore end and you get most of an X95 (but no onboard night sights)
    I really wanted to like the RDB. I'm a big fan of what KelTec is doing business wise, but the rifle felt cheap to me.

I'll start with the RFB. I wanted 5.56, and this is 7.62. I didn't like that the charging handle moves with the shot and any malfunction of the forward ejection has the potential to require disassembly to clear. I really think they need to scrap the RFB and migrate the larger caliber to the RDB engineering.

As a reloader, I love the downward ejection of the RDB. The mag release is like the original SAR. I almost bought the original SAR but didn't like that feature so much that I passed. I also really don't like the design of the barrel/chamber block. The rest is pretty trivial stuff and basically comes down to versatility. The x95 has kits for .300ACC and 9mm. Both calibers I shoot and reload.

Don't get me wrong, I really like where KelTec is headed. They're working with people like MAC and others to develop the RDB further. Maybe if they produce one in .300ACC, I'll bite.

jek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    I'm always down for range time to compare. When I got my Valor, a friend of mine and I went and did a side by side of it and his Les Baer. Same ammo, same day/conditions, two different guns and two different shooters. Maybe 4-5 of us should rent out Bare Arm's range for a few hours and have a bull-pup day this spring.
    That's be awesome. Got a buddy who just found a Tavor 7.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Congrats! Some optics can be hard to come by right now. What are you planning to install?

Edit: it would be cool to have an “Inauguration Day Commemorative Firearm “... hmmm... that’s an idea...

Top Bottom