It's ridiculous that I should have to pay to watch a 50 or 80 year old movie...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    It was fairly general. Latest numbers are 73.6% of Americans are overweight. Doing the math will lead you to about 260 million Americans are overweight. General? OK. If you are not in that group, please excuse yourself. And excuse me.
    I took it as general advice, not as a personal critique. I do have other interests, like cooking and trying to create new flavor combinations, or maintaining the woods (I really need a chipper shredder right now), or walking the woods looking for skulls and sheds and morels, or building and tinkering with stuff, etc.

I also like entertainment. I find that older movies are geared more toward just telling a story rather than trying to teach a lesson, especially a woke one. If they occasionally teach a lesson, it's more about being a good person, the power of love, the danger of temptation, or the search for justice and stuff like that. Movies take you places that books can't, and books take you places that movies can't, so I like to read too. Like movies, I read mostly older stuff that isn't packed with wokeness.

Overall, it's good to have a balance. When I'm cutting up yet another dead tree (ash borers can burn in Hell), my brain is analytical and my body is breaking itself down. When I'm watching a movie or reading a book, my body is rebuilding and my brain is at play.

But I still think that having to pay for a service like Prime, and then having to pay for access to really old movies is ridiculous. Even if it's 3 or 4 bucks, you can't tell me that that the people who made or starred in these movies are getting royalties, because most of them aren't even alive. And I doubt their heirs are getting much of that fee at all.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I am trying to figure out ho me you have time to watch. I can’t make time to exercise and need that
    Well, despite your typing errors, I think I know what you're trying to say. I tend to watch tv later at night. My days are usually full of stuff to do between work and home projects and stuff, so I need some time to just let my mind wander and be entertained.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Just like burger king.

I brought my own cup and bought french fries. The fries were overpriced and since i brought my own cup, the drink barely cost bk anything at all so i should have got the drink for free.

-1 amazon prime

-1 girlscouts

-1 Indian truck drivers with trucks decorated with pictures of people i confuse with bin laden

And of course, -1 bk.

Ps: how much for one rib/got change for a hundred?

Last edited:

gsxr219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    NWI
    I watched Fist full of Dollars last night.....direct TV on demand.

I also ran conduit and boxes for the lights in the barn.

Balanced ✔️

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Well, despite your typing errors, I think I know what you're trying to say. I tend to watch tv later at night. My days are usually full of stuff to do between work and home projects and stuff, so I need some time to just let my mind wander and be entertained.
    Wow! I normally proof my typing. I have been really brain fried lately. Too much mentally taxing work. Too much stress

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Ok, I'm going to post this here rather than start a new thread, because we are talking about tv and movies and such.

I like true crime shows, like First 48 and City Confidential.

City Confidential has gone to crap. The original narrator, Paul Winfield, was awesome. He told the stories like he was telling you a secret, and told it in such a way that made you want to listen because he made it sound so lurid.

This is Paul Winfield:

LEMQKCVBMBEOZAUC66SRZSUHMU.jpg

This is what I remember him most for:

gettyimages-691253312-612x612.jpg

Of course, I had to work Star Trek into it. :):

Sadly, Paul has passed.

The new narrator though, Keith David, while a good actor that I have enjoyed watching in other roles, just doesn't pull off that "let me tell you a secret, don't tell anyone" vibe. He delivers his narration like every other true crime show narrator out there. Like a junior E-4 delivering a powerpoint presentation that he didn't even create.

Last edited:

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    What's odd to me is that I sometimes find certain movies made by commies superior to movies made here in the U.S.

Russian and Chinese.

Their stories are more developed, their special effects are high quality (at least the movies I watch), and while they typically have very little character development through backstories, their characters are usually easy to figure out by their attitudes and actions contemporary with the story being told.

Big plus, they are both very homogenous societies, so even if they recycle stories, which I think seldom happens, they don't need to replace characters with woke versions, changing gender, race, sexual orientation or whatever.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I was outside earlier today, trimming some trees with my chainsaw on a stick and my regular chainsaw. It was warm out and I got a little sweaty. Decided to go inside and cool off for about a half hour, hydrate, have a snack, and watch a little TV. Lazily scrolled though the channles, not paying much attention. Oh, Ghostbusters? Yeah I'll watch a bit of that. Nope, it was the girl version of it. Ran down the channel guide, The Batman was on. I'll give it a look. Never seen it. Less than a minute, and I don't know what the f they're saying. I'm on HBO Latino. F me, I chugged my glass of ice water and went back outside.

Top Bottom