It's ridiculous that I should have to pay to watch a 50 or 80 year old movie...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I know some of you will absolutely choke on this concept. I am BLS and ACLS qualified, just in case you need help.

There are absolutely millions of things to do that do not require a TV at all. Go actually DO something.
    You mean, like, go to Dairy Queen or something like that?

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    That is one option. 999,999 to go. Let me get you started. Buy a cheap guitar and spend some time with it. Into music? Make it a piano. Buy and old, all manual camera and learn to make photographs. Really into photgraphy? Go whole hog and drop $10,000 on new photography gear. Go for a walk. Twenty minutes a day, 5 or 6 times a week. That little investment in yourself can keep you out my nursing unit: CardioVascular Recovery. I do post-op care for surgical cardiac patients. That 20 minutes a day will go a long way toward insuring we never meet. Sitting in front of a TV, not so much.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I was on Prime earlier, most everything I saw worth a **** was a pay per view.
    Yeah, if it weren't for all of the Amazon business we do I'd probably dump Prime. They recently changed how you search movies so it's more of a pain than it used to be and more of those movies cost money now.

I've been using Tubi more than any of the other services lately and have been happy with it.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Oh goody.
    Someone telling me how I should live without being married to me.
    I am guessing that is a reply to my post above. Telling? No? Suggesting that waiting until you are 100+ pounds overweight, diabetic, in kidney failure, quite possibly still smoking cigarettes, and then wanting someone to help you is a less than stellar idea? Yes, most assuredly. It is not in the slightest about longevity. It is about the quality of the time you have. Most certainly, my point of view is colored by the patients I see in the hospital EVERY DAY. Health is not static. You are continuously getting better, or worse, every day. I can help keep you alive. Only you can affect the quality of the time you have. Do what you will. I'll be there, regardless.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am guessing that is a reply to my post above. Telling? No? Suggesting that waiting until you are 100+ pounds overweight, diabetic, in kidney failure, quite possibly still smoking cigarettes, and then wanting someone to help you is a less than stellar idea? Yes, most assuredly. It is not in the slightest about longevity. It is about the quality of the time you have. Most certainly, my point of view is colored by the patients I see in the hospital EVERY DAY. Health is not static. You are continuously getting better, or worse, every day. I can help keep you alive. Only you can affect the quality of the time you have. Do what you will. I'll be there, regardless.

Well, your post shows about ZERO knowledge of my life, health, or circumstance.
    And I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Reactions: Mij

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Then maybe it needed to be more specific. Looked pretty general to me.
    It is good general advice. If you're already following it, then you probably realize it as well. That's all I'm saying. I know I should take the advice, because I haven't been so good about following it.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    It was fairly general. Latest numbers are 73.6% of Americans are overweight. Doing the math will lead you to about 260 million Americans are overweight. General? OK. If you are not in that group, please excuse yourself. And excuse me.

Last edited:

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    You can just wait around and watch for Free on Broadcast TV - but that involves searching the Programming Guide for when / Channel and Waiting
    OR
    Pay a small Fee to Stream-on-Demand
    OR
    Pay a bit more for a Digital Copy
    OR
    Pay even more to buy the DVD
    ( unless you find it in the $5 bin at Walmart )

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

It's ridiculous that I should have to pay to watch a 50 or 80 year old movie...​

If you made a popular film how long would you want to be paid for the fruit of that labor? As it is, they are protected for 95 years then anyone can show it. So 15-45 years from now they will be free to exhibit. Seems fair to me.

My big beef with the streaming is the byzantine craziness that must be navigated to find what one wants, even if one is willing to pay for it.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It was fairly general. Latest numbers are 73.6% of Americans are overweight. Doing the math will lead you to about 260 million Americans are overweight. General? OK. If you are not in that group, please excuse yourself. And excuse me.
    I hear the Jehovahs Witnesses are hiring. You may just have the tools they are looking for…

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Buy the DVD. I rummage through the cheap DVD bin at Walmart whenever I pass by it. It's cheap, and full of old forgotten films. I also hit up the local pawn shop for trade ins. I can almost always fine a couple I like for $2 a pop.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    30957448.jpg

Top Bottom