It's persimmon season!

dvd1955

Sharpshooter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 10, 2013
Howard County
My niece made persimmon brandy about ten years ago and had a bottle handy once when we visited. Man, that was delicious. Don't know if she still does that, but I could sure go for some more.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
Staff member
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dec 22, 2012
Avon
How do you know it's a good persimmon tree? The deer go through briars to get to them.

jerrob

Expert
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Mar 1, 2013
Hancock Co.
Was eating em strait off the tree this weekend in Tennessee.
Found it a couple weekends ago and convinced my better half to try one. Her, a city girl, had never heard about or tasted one, so she instantly became an easy mark. After eating her first one, (not ripe) she puckered up and was complaining how her mouth was dryer than British humor, lmao!
She called me a dick.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dec 22, 2012
Avon
Was eating em strait off the tree this weekend in Tennessee.
Found it a couple weekends ago and convinced my better half to try one. Her, a city girl, had never heard about or tasted one, so she instantly became an easy mark. After eating her first one, (not ripe) she puckered up and was complaining how her mouth was dryer than British humor, lmao!
She called me a dick.
EVIL!!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dec 22, 2012
Avon
Some folks Mom and Dad know didn't know what kind of tree they had. Turned out to be not only a Persimmon tree, but a good one. Not only does it provide the main ingredient in Persimmon Puddin, but the shape of the seeds predict the winter weather.

jerrob

Expert
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Mar 1, 2013
Hancock Co.
Some folks Mom and Dad know didn't know what kind of tree they had. Turned out to be not only a Persimmon tree, but a good one. Not only does it provide the main ingredient in Persimmon Puddin, but the shape of the seeds predict the winter weather.
Do tell..............the weather-seed thing, I have a good persimmon pudding recipe

KellyinAvon

Staff member
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Dec 22, 2012
Avon
Do tell..............the weather-seed thing, I have a good persimmon pudding recipe
Looks like this year's persimmon seeds are calling for a lot of snow.

Cut the seed open, if it looks like:

Spoon: lots of snow

Knife: cold winter

Fork: mild winter

bwframe

Grayish Man
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Feb 11, 2008
Monroe County
I foraged a bunch of them a few years back, after Hickman got me interested in them. Quit saving and eating them after I started doing the keto thing.

What are the nutrition benefits of persimmons, if it was SHTF and they were needed for sustenance?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwelling
Top Bottom