• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Riots in France Greece and Brazil today.

down under has had some protests also.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Riots in France Greece and Brazil today.

down under has had some protests also.

Strange.

Do these folks not trust state has their individual interest at heart?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I never hear anything about covid in Africa, you would think with the lower quality health care it would be running wild. :dunno:
    To be fair, when has the rest of the world ever given a **** what happens in Africa? Entire genocides occur without a blip on the evening news. One could always Google it if they momentarily gave a ****, even if only to prove a political point on a message board.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    To be fair, when has the rest of the world ever given a **** what happens in Africa? Entire genocides occur without a blip on the evening news. One could always Google it if they momentarily gave a ****, even if only to prove a political point on a message board.

My thoughts as well, but you would figure big media would be screaming if it was really bad. They are strangely silent, like maybe nothing is happening on a continent with no vaccines.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I never hear anything about covid in Africa, you would think with the lower quality health care it would be running wild. :dunno:
    Might have something to do with the fact that HCQ has been handed out like candy over there for malaria for over 50 years, and the fact that the majority are not fat, sedentary internet sophists.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. LOTS of what happens on that continent goes unreported. Watching the documentary Farmland right now. First, the recent riots over there were hardly covered here in the MSM. And over there, everyone is afraid to speak up about the white farmers being murdered. At least one white farmer a day is killed. And at least 3 riots a day over things like schooling policies, often resulting in govt buildings and schools being burned. And people are afraid to speak out. One person was asked, and she nervously sidestepped the question, with her compatriot off camera reminding her not to give out specifics, for fear of losing govt contracts. (but she promised on camera to give anonymous numbers later to the journalist)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Unless you really believe South Africa has nearly 200k cases in two weeks and the Democratic Republic of Congo has zero, that may be an artifact of simply not testing anyone.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Unless you really believe South Africa has nearly 200k cases in two weeks and the Democratic Republic of Congo has zero, that may be an artifact of simply not testing anyone.

I think we have a winner. The best way to have no new cases, or no cases at all is not test anyone. Someone gets sick, just "the flu" or a bad cold. Someone dies, simply not eating the proper foods. Or make up any excuse you want as long as it isn't COVID related.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I think we have a winner. The best way to have no new cases, or no cases at all is not test anyone. Someone gets sick, just "the flu" or a bad cold. Someone dies, simply not eating the proper foods. Or make up any excuse you want as long as it isn't COVID related.

Essentially the inverse of the US gov approach.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yep. LOTS of what happens on that continent goes unreported. Watching the documentary Farmland right now. First, the recent riots over there were hardly covered here in the MSM. And over there, everyone is afraid to speak up about the white farmers being murdered. At least one white farmer a day is killed. And at least 3 riots a day over things like schooling policies, often resulting in govt buildings and schools being burned. And people are afraid to speak out. One person was asked, and she nervously sidestepped the question, with her compatriot off camera reminding her not to give out specifics, for fear of losing govt contracts. (but she promised on camera to give anonymous numbers later to the journalist)

That report is VERY WELL worth the watch.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I doubt it's even that involved. Somebody dies, they just died and the family/village buries them. End of story.

It's easy to forget that things like death certificates, autopsies, collection and reporting of demographics information, etc. requires an infrastructure and functioning government. We're so used to it we don't give them any more thought then we give air. It's just there, until it isn't.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I thought they were getting the ChiCom vaccine, maybe it comes with an NDC

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So basically exactly the opposite of this country where people shot in the back of the head died from Covid. Maybe the numbers will offset in the end.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    BTW, another candidate for least descriptive thread title of the year. What is wrong with telling us the subject of the post? I thought it might be about your truck or maybe your wife's cycle...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Reference Africa and the claim that low fatality rates are due to anti-malarials:

f you look at reported numbers, you are 4x more likely to die from COVID in South Africa than Zimbabwe, and if you live in Namibia you are 4x more likely to die than if you live in Zimbabwe. (Rough numbers based on per capita figures). Does that sound like a reasonable spread?

In short, much of Africa (especially sub-Saharan) lacks
    1) Sufficient test kits
    2) Sufficient trained personnel to administer test kits
    3) Sufficient labs to process the test kits (many had to send test kits to South Africa or elsewhere as they completely lacked adequate facilities)
    4) Sufficient infrastructure to determine cause of death, particularly outside major urban areas.

That's on the testing side. Then on the reporting side, records are being kept on paper. They lack the web-based/automated reporting methods the developed world has. Ethiopia, for example, reported "Collection of patient clinical data and sociodemographic information is manual, and electronic or web-based data collection has not been fully in use. Hence, there has been a duplication of effort in transcribing what was written at time of specimen collection and sample delivery to testing centres. Such practice is prone to human error and leads to unnecessary delay in result delivery."

So any "findings" from what we will charitably refer to as developing nations in Africa should follow the GIGO principal (Garbage In = Garbage Out) because the required data to actually make any sort of determination are fundamentally lacking in validity.

I had another thought on the Africa thing and decided to look into it. COVID fatality rates increase dramatically as people get older. Africa's life expectancy is pretty low compared to the developed world. I thought perhaps the people COVID would have killed may have died of something else before COVID was a thing. So I looked at the demographics.

Results, 40% of Africa's population is under 15. With the exceptions of Egypt and South Africa, every reporting nation had less than 5% of the population being over 60. Again, removing Egypt and South Africa, the median age is 15-20 years old.

In short, even with perfect reporting Africa should see much lower fatality rates just because the most susceptible population is already dead.

ninepntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2019
    Newton co
    What is going to happen here when Most Retail stores start requiring masks on all people regardless of vaccination status.

Today Apple Stores are requiring masks for everyone!

Luckily for me I’ve never been in an apple store.
    I guarantee I won’t ever be in one in the future.

This is how it starts fellas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom