• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We have a strong and vibrant Irish community here in Indiana. I, my family and friends we're all proud of our heritage. There's lots to get involved in if you seek it out. If you don't experience it yourself does not mean it doesn't exist...

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage. I know many people do identify with their heritage. But not everyone does, and it's okay not to as well. You were likely brought up in a family that sees the heritage as very important. I was raised in a family that did not. As a result of that, I've never identified as anything other than American.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    curious, do you even own a gun?
    Is gun ownership uniquely associated with identifying as Irish? Yeah. I do own guns. It's one of many hobbies, plus for self defense. I don't shoot as much lately as I used to because of the ammo situation. I have a pretty good stash and who knows how long this thing will last.

But I don't understand how that's astonishing. Indeed one can be Irish, not primarily identify as Irish, and still be into guns. In fact, I'd bet that there's not a lot of correlation between heritage and being a gun nut. Probably every ethnic background has their gun nuts when exposed to the freedom to do mostly what one pleases.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You shouldn't say "most people of Irish descent". You're simply incorrect with your blatant ignorance
    I think it's fair to suspect that you using "blatant ignorance" is a good indicator that you're a bit offended. There's none intended. I'm kinda surprised that it means that much to you to spend this amount of time on an internet forum talking about it.

I could say the same thing about you. How do you know that a majority of people with Irish descent primarily identify as Irish? And not just American, or Australian, or Canadian or whatever land they migrated to from Ireland possibly hundreds of years ago. Why does it matter so much? I'm not disparaging your heritage. I don't know why you think I am.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you ain't drink'n and fight'n then you ain't Irish.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What the heck is going on in here? Did I miss the memo that it's pick on Jamil day?
    It’s okay. I have a thick skin. I said something to the effect that being Irish doesn’t occupy a lot of my thinking and that I didn’t think it does most other Irish descendants either. That apparently twisted some panties of some Irish people and apparently earned me enemy status. I’m not going to put much thought into why that is either.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    This all started with a post where I should've used purple "lol good we don't want you". But when Jamil made a blanket statement that most Irish in America don't care about their Irish heritage then I called him out. No panties twisted here lol nice passive-aggressive attempt at an insult and your own self-preservation in the argument...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This all started with a post where I should've used purple "lol good we don't want you". But when Jamil made a blanket statement that most Irish in America don't care about their Irish heritage then I called him out. No panties twisted here lol nice passive-aggressive attempt at an insult and your own self-preservation in the argument...
    I don’t feel called out. And passive aggressive? I thought it was overt.

Top Bottom