• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Shooting a rifle left-handed, that is! Those who know me personally know it can’t possibly mean the other thing…

I’m about to take the plunge into the PCP air gun world. Over the course of my research, I discovered that there is an air gun shop and 300yd (!) range up near Anderson—anyone check this place out yet? The owner, Dennis, seems like a nice guy during a couple of chats on the phone as he tries to help me sort out what I should do as a left-handed shooter:

I really love bullpups, but most of them have the cocking lever on the right side and so far back that it makes them impractical for left-handers. If anyone has recommendations, I’d be interested to hear them.

I’m presently leaning toward the Benjamin Kratos. It’s not a bullpup, but the cocking lever is far enough forward and it has a huge air reservoir. Although made in Turkey, it has USA support and a five year warranty.

Anyone try to buy good pallets like the JSB’s lately? Good Lord, everything is out of stock… Anyhow, I’m working on the stuff so I would be glad for anyone’s opinion, left-handed or not.

I do have a Diana 52 which I’ll be listing in the classifieds shortly because .177 single shot isn’t really what I’m interested in right now.

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I just placed an order for some H&N 15.89 grain in .22, and some RWS wad cutters, in .177. Pyramid seemed to have a decent stock on hand. I also broke down and finally ordered the Champion heavy steel pellet/ .22 LR trap too, for they had them for 79 dollars.

With winter coming on, I will be doing more indoor airgun shooting with that trap.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I might be mistaken, but there is an air-gunner INGOer whose name I believe is Dennis. I thought he was from the Anderson area? Had a Hatsan for sale in the classifieds a while back and started/participated in a few air gun threads. :dunno:

Mongo59

Master
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Shooting a rifle left-handed, that is! Those who know me personally know it can’t possibly mean the other thing…

I’m about to take the plunge into the PCP air gun world. Over the course of my research, I discovered that there is an air gun shop and 300yd (!) range up near Anderson—anyone check this place out yet? The owner, Dennis, seems like a nice guy during a couple of chats on the phone as he tries to help me sort out what I should do as a left-handed shooter:

I really love bullpups, but most of them have the cocking lever on the right side and so far back that it makes them impractical for left-handers. If anyone has recommendations, I’d be interested to hear them.

I’m presently leaning toward the Benjamin Kratos. It’s not a bullpup, but the cocking lever is far enough forward and it has a huge air reservoir. Although made in Turkey, it has USA support and a five year warranty.

Anyone try to buy good pallets like the JSB’s lately? Good Lord, everything is out of stock… Anyhow, I’m working on the stuff so I would be glad for anyone’s opinion, left-handed or not.

I do have a Diana 52 which I’ll be listing in the classifieds shortly because .177 single shot isn’t really what I’m interested in right now.

I am in the same boat brother. I still haven't made the leap to PCP but I know it is in my future.

Keep us informed on what you learn, it will really help me out down the road.

tbhausen

Master
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Well, it’s a subject for a different thread, but I got the flu shot about a week ago and have spent most of the last week laying around sick in bed. This gave me time to do some research, and I finally think I’ve reached a decision on how to get into this shooting discipline. I’ll start another thread for that once I get everything ordered.

Top Bottom