• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The maps of Israel and Palestine speak for themselves. There are over 600,000 Israeli "settlers" who live in "settlements" the Palestinian territories today. As the occupier, it is a war crime to resettle for Israel to resettle its people in the territories it occupies under the Geneva convention. That's a fact. Israel is intentionally scattering its settlements throughout the occupied territories to make a future Palestinian state impossible. I have a feeling you probably like books with a lot of pictures in it so please refer to the map below:

View attachment 142148
    As far as B'ztelem being a far left organization... you're correct. Praeger U is far right. I don't care the source. It's the facts I care about. If you'd like I can send you articles by Murray Rothbard, the Jewish libertarian who was very critical of Israel's policies, I say "was" because unfortunately he passed away :( .

Also, I'm not a fan of Praeger U's foreign interventionalist agenda. I find Praeger U and most right wing groups as Faux Conservatives. They talk a big game about saving money but won't bat an eye about writing trillion dollar checks to fight more wars that I could honestly care less about.
    So,
    b'tzelem is far left, pragerU is far right. And since you only care about facts instead of sources, you present b'tzelem's info and criticize pragerU...

The "west bank" is "palestinian" territory because the arabs destroyed all the jewish communities there in 1948--or earlier. Rebuilding destroyed Jewish communities gets called building "settlements"--like Jews reclaiming homes in sheikh jarrah/shimon ha tzadik. In any case, the ENTIRE territory is disputed, not occupied.
    Note that Arabs are 20% of Israel's population because Israel doesnt share the arabs genocidal agenda. Related to moslems "ethnically cleansing" the "west bank" of Jews; Christians (arabs) in beit lechem have been reduced from 20% to 5% of the population by the PLO/PA.

The real reason a palestinian state hasn't been possible is because they've insisted on building it on Jewish territory (and Jewish mass graves)
    *they tried genocide in 1948 instead of accepting a UN partition plan
    *Israeli governments under ehud barak (2000) and ehud olmert (2008) offered them 95% of the "west bank", gaza, and E. J'lem, and the response was violence
    *In 2005 the Israeli gov't under ariel sharon evicted the Jews living in gush katif and unilaterally left the gaza strip. The response has been 15 years of increasing rocket fire.

FWIW I don't know where you got 'pragerU supports spending trillions on foreign wars' from, but I haven't seen it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So,
    b'tzelem is far left, pragerU is far right. And since you only care about facts instead of sources, you present b'tzelem's info and criticize pragerU...

The "west bank" is "palestinian" territory because the arabs destroyed all the jewish communities there in 1948--or earlier. Rebuilding destroyed Jewish communities gets called building "settlements"--like Jews reclaiming homes in sheikh jarrah/shimon ha tzadik. In any case, the ENTIRE territory is disputed, not occupied.
    Note that Arabs are 20% of Israel's population because Israel doesnt share the arabs genocidal agenda. Related to moslems "ethnically cleansing" the "west bank" of Jews; Christians (arabs) in beit lechem have been reduced from 20% to 5% of the population by the PLO/PA.

The real reason a palestinian state hasn't been possible is because they've insisted on building it on Jewish territory (and Jewish mass graves)
    *they tried genocide in 1948 instead of accepting a UN partition plan
    *Israeli governments under ehud barak (2000) and ehud olmert (2008) offered them 95% of the "west bank", gaza, and E. J'lem, and the response was violence
    *In 2005 the Israeli gov't under ariel sharon evicted the Jews living in gush katif and unilaterally left the gaza strip. The response has been 15 years of increasing rocket fire.

FWIW I don't know where you got 'pragerU supports spending trillions on foreign wars' from, but I haven't seen it.
    PragerU's founders were both Orthodox Jews right? I think it's fair to point that out as possibly explaining their viewpoint?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    The maps of Israel and Palestine speak for themselves. There are over 600,000 Israeli "settlers" who live in "settlements" the Palestinian territories today. As the occupier, it is a war crime to resettle for Israel to resettle its people in the territories it occupies under the Geneva convention. That's a fact. Israel is intentionally scattering its settlements throughout the occupied territories to make a future Palestinian state impossible. I have a feeling you probably like books with a lot of pictures in it so please refer to the map below:

View attachment 142148
    As far as B'ztelem being a far left organization... you're correct. Praeger U is far right. I don't care the source. It's the facts I care about. If you'd like I can send you articles by Murray Rothbard, the Jewish libertarian who was very critical of Israel's policies, I say "was" because unfortunately he passed away :( .

Also, I'm not a fan of Praeger U's foreign interventionalist agenda. I find Praeger U and most right wing groups as Faux Conservatives. They talk a big game about saving money but won't bat an eye about writing trillion dollar checks to fight more wars that I could honestly care less about.
    Hmmm... how about calling the Israeli settlement strategy something like "river to sea"... or is that already taken?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    PragerU's founders were both Orthodox Jews right? I think it's fair to point that out as possibly explaining their viewpoint?
    PragerU deals with a lot of topics. I said I hadn't seen PragerU "supporting trillions for foreign wars", and would question them as "far right wing".
    As for ME politics...Ok, so they've got a dog in the fight. Does that disqualify whatever they have to say? Is this another double standard at work?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    PragerU deals with a lot of topics. I said I hadn't seen PragerU "supporting trillions for foreign wars", and would question them as "far right wing".
    As for ME politics...Ok, so they've got a dog in the fight. Does that disqualify whatever they have to say? Is this another double standard at work?
    I think all it means is that it's a source of bias. Not necessarily "far right wing" but as Orthodox Jews they would tend to have that worldview. Ben Shapiro is an Orthodox Jew and he does have a very particular bias when it comes to Israel. So it's fair to point out the bias.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Hmmm... how about calling the Israeli settlement strategy something like "river to sea"... or is that already taken?
    Israel is the only side that's agreed to compromise. As recently as 2008 Israel offered them 95% of the "west bank", and E. J'lem (they already had gaza). Since the "palestinians" keep saying 'no' with violence and keep telling their youth that THEY will be the ones to "redeem palestine in fire and blood", and "palestine will be free from the river to sea"; why does anyone expect israel to play by "land for peace"? That deal has been nullified repeatedly by the arabs

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I think all it means is that it's a source of bias. Not necessarily "far right wing" but as Orthodox Jews they would tend to have that worldview. Ben Shapiro is an Orthodox Jew and he does have a very particular bias when it comes to Israel. So it's fair to point out the bias.
    My point was that kut presents the other side's rhetoric at face value

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Israel is the only side that's agreed to compromise. As recently as 2008 Israel offered them 95% of the "west bank", and E. J'lem (they already had gaza). Since the "palestinians" keep saying 'no' with violence and keep telling their youth that THEY will be the ones to "redeem palestine in fire and blood", and "palestine will be free from the river to sea"; why does anyone expect israel to play by "land for peace"? That deal has been nullified repeatedly by the arabs
    Yes, I agree... those who criticize Israel for settlements often are the same apologists for (or actually repeat, as with Rep Tlaid) Palestinians' vow of the "river to sea" destruction of Israel and the annihilation of Jewish peoples.

Top Bottom