Is this receiver legal or illegal to send via USPS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Can I mail a c&r to aunt and uncle Jim out of state? Just curious. (So was Jim.)
    A C&R holder can buy qualifying firearms and have them shipped directly to their home. It is legal for any individual to ship a firearm to a person with a C&R FFL. That does not mean that UPS or FedEx will do the shipping.

Many machine guns qualify as C&R. That means that after the stamp is issued (12 months wait, prints, $200, etc) the seller can ship directly to the C&R buyer.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    To clarify regarding unserialized firearms, any firearm produced prior to 1898 is not considered a firearm under federal law. Prior to 1968, shotguns and .22 rifles were not required to have serial numbers but are considered firearms if made 1898 and later. ATF instruction to FFL holders is to log them in and put NSN (no serial number) in the bound book and on the 4473.
    Hope this information is useful.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    My receiver is a 1957 Winchester with serial numbers on both parts. As you can see from my thread the ATF and our dumb arass guns laws have done nothing but set the law-abiding person up for failure. And, for the government to make MONEEEEY

Top Bottom