• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Seems reasonable by the one who inquired. Don’t hate us low post count newbies :) I am trying to purchase an item right now in the WTS section but was informed I can’t even reply to the users post until I have 50 posts. I just don’t have that many interesting things to say! Ha
    You don’t need to just have anything interesting to say.

Are there any firearms related subjects you have questions about? A question thread can add up quickly.

Don’t you have any opinions on some of the controversial subjects such as OC versus CC, glocks vs 1911’s, reloading or striker vs external hammer, etc?

Do you reload and need or can give advice?

I understand the general politics area is not for everyone, but those threads grow exponentially quickly as well.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I recently posted in the WTS section. I've had a few queries from INGO members; all well and good. I got one response, "Hey, I don't have a LTCH, but would love to buy your gun." Or words to that effect. At the time I got the request, this member had been on the site for less than 24 hours. He has posted nothing, ever. I politely informed him that I could not do business with him. His response was likewise gracious. Since that exchange, I have looked at his profile several times. He has still posted nothing. Everytime I look at his profile, he was most recently seen looking at another WTS ad. Perhaps it is just me, but this smells funny. I don't think the ATFE operates this way. I don't believe this type of behaviour should be permitted on INGO, though I admit having no idea how to stop it. Is what this guy is doing acceptable? Oh, by the way, he paid his $20; he is listed as site supporter. Mods, please take this as permission to open any/all of my private messages to look into this.
    He bypassed the 50 post rule by paying the $20. The site supporter tag allows you to buy and sell without keeping up on posts. Also you dont need a ccw to carry and as long as you have no reason to believe hes a fellon you can sell to him. Now good on you for making a judgment and going with your gut. If you feel like something is off just dont sell. There will be other buyers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You don’t need to just have anything interesting to say.

Are there any firearms related subjects you have questions about? A question thread can add up quickly.

Don’t you have any opinions on some of the controversial subjects such as OC versus CC, glocks vs 1911’s, reloading or striker vs external hammer, etc?

Do you reload and need or can give advice?

I understand the general politics area is not for everyone, but those threads grow exponentially quickly as well.
    FYI That dude hasnt been back in 2 weeks. Apparently we werent that interesting. LOL

Lost my cookies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2022
    Madison
    I like looking at the classifieds and reading discussions. I also like looking at the classifieds, but if I saw something that I wanted (and I've been tempted) I'd probably just pay the $20 to bypass the 50 post rule. At this rate it could take me 50 years to get to 50 posts. Maybe I've been broken by some other forums where a newbie will get jumped on for not searching the forum before asking a question. So that's typically what I do, and I've always gotten an answer, thanks guys.

I have never seen that kind of thing here. But I have been an active member of some sites that have gone that way (anyone have an old car?) and it's kind of unpleasant. That said, I can't blame someone for being wary of selling to someone like me through the classifieds, which is why I at least have a pink card.

And there it is, post #1. Quality is subjective though. :)

Lpherr

Occupied
    I like looking at the classifieds and reading discussions. I also like looking at the classifieds, but if I saw something that I wanted (and I've been tempted) I'd probably just pay the $20 to bypass the 50 post rule. At this rate it could take me 50 years to get to 50 posts. Maybe I've been broken by some other forums where a newbie will get jumped on for not searching the forum before asking a question. So that's typically what I do, and I've always gotten an answer, thanks guys.

I have never seen that kind of thing here. But I have been an active member of some sites that have gone that way (anyone have an old car?) and it's kind of unpleasant. That said, I can't blame someone for being wary of selling to someone like me through the classifieds, which is why I at least have a pink card.

Quality is debatable, but certainly wordy.

Don't be afraid of these guys (and gals). They only bite when necessary.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

That is absolutely a quality post! Hello and welcome to INGO!!

Click forums up at the top and then introductions and greetings. Introduce yourself to the group, good bunch around here, but it appears you knew that ;)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I would recommend (which means nothing, I am not that important) that even people not intending to use the classifieds, try to post once a week or so. That's not that fast. But that way in a year, if you see something that you REALLY NEED/WANT, then you'll have 50.

Top Bottom