Is There Something Out There Or Is Intelligent Life On Earth It? A Poll.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is there intelligent life beyond our planet?

• The intelligent life on Earth is all there is.

Votes: 5 4.8%
    • There is intelligent life out there, be it a God, Or Other Life Forms.

Votes: 100 95.2%

• Total voters

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    We know so little, nearly next to nothing, about time. Could be incredible surprises there.

The Bible speaks of eternity we have no idea what that really means, just the interpretation of fellow humans...
    I think eternity means that there is no time.

And I had an encounter with something that I know wasn't from around here (this part of the solar system).

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think eternity means that there is no time.

And I had an encounter with something that I know wasn't from around here (this part of the solar system).
    You can’t say that and not tell the story.

I watched joe rogans Travis Walton interview last night because of this thread. He’s the guy they made the movie “fire in the sky” about. Really interesting story.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    You can’t say that and not tell the story.

I watched joe rogans Travis Walton interview last night because of this thread. He’s the guy they made the movie “fire in the sky” about. Really interesting story.
    I've posted it here before but will do it once again.

Mid 1990s was laying in bed and my 1.5yr old dog, that had never barked or whined or made any noises woke me up. She was standing at the open/screened sliding glass door to my upper deck. (house backed into the woods)

I thought was probably a coon/etc on the deck but wife and I were both taken back by the growling. Dog had never made a peep before and she was pissed as hell.

Got up, brought her back into bedroom and hopped back into bed.

Few minutes later I'm woken up again by dog growling. So I go out on the deck to see what out there. Dog won't follow me. She just kept growling and looking to my right towards neighbors house.

As I'm standing there I hear something run from that area across my yard in an angle away from me - in all of four steps. That's about 120 yards I figured.

As it makes the 4th step (I could hear it rustled the leaves ass it ran) up in the trees about 30-40 feet up I see a point of light burst and hear a buzzing sound or more of a Ziiiiipppp!

The flash of light was so bright that it lit up the entire house brighter than daylight.

As soon as that happened, dog stops growling, walks back to bed and falls asleep. I haven't slept since.

BTW, there are no power lines, no wind, no storms, etc. Just a clear, quiet calm night. Wife had gotten up and was looking out the window and saw/heard it too.

Whatever it was had REALLY long legs! It covered 40 yards or more with each step.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I've posted it here before but will do it once again.

Mid 1990s was laying in bed and my 1.5yr old dog, that had never barked or whined or made any noises woke me up. She was standing at the open/screened sliding glass door to my upper deck. (house backed into the woods)

I thought was probably a coon/etc on the deck but wife and I were both taken back by the growling. Dog had never made a peep before and she was pissed as hell.

Got up, brought her back into bedroom and hopped back into bed.

Few minutes later I'm woken up again by dog growling. So I go out on the deck to see what out there. Dog won't follow me. She just kept growling and looking to my right towards neighbors house.

As I'm standing there I hear something run from that area across my yard in an angle away from me - in all of four steps. That's about 120 yards I figured.

As it makes the 4th step (I could hear it rustled the leaves ass it ran) up in the trees about 30-40 feet up I see a point of light burst and hear a buzzing sound or more of a Ziiiiipppp!

The flash of light was so bright that it lit up the entire house brighter than daylight.

As soon as that happened, dog stops growling, walks back to bed and falls asleep. I haven't slept since.

BTW, there are no power lines, no wind, no storms, etc. Just a clear, quiet calm night. Wife had gotten up and was looking out the window and saw/heard it too.

Whatever it was had REALLY long legs! It covered 40 yards or more with each step.
    I love these kinds of stories, thanks. The dogs reaction alone would’ve had me freaking out, no way I would’ve walked outside to see what he was growling at. I’d have trouble sleeping the rest of the night after that.

Old_Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2021
    Midland Texas
    Beam me up Scotty, no sign of intelligent life here.;)

The religious folks tell me that God snapped his fingers and bam the universe was created. That there are other dimensions we cannot interact with; heaven and hell.

The scientist tell me the universe was created from an infinitely small, infinitely dense spec of something. Then bam the universe was created. They tell me for us to be where we are the universe expanded faster than the speed of light, (which they also say cannot happen). From their calculations most of the universe is missing (dark matter). And the expansion of the universe should be slowing down but instead it’s speeding up (dark energy). String theory says there are 10 dimensions, M-theory says there are 11.

Beats me, it’s all I can do to remember how to get to the range every week. And I still can’t figure out how to get that hole in the target to be where I thought it should be.

Goodguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Indiana
    This site does cover a lot of ground!
    It seems to me like there must indeed be life on other planets, given the size of the universe and how much of it we will never see.
    The sad part is that since the universe continues to expand (redshift/expansion of space) it will become increasingly difficult for us to observe, let alone actually visit distant galaxies. And what we can observe is only how those objects appeared in the past, when the light we're observing finally arrives here. Maybe someone will invent a means of travel that gets us around the current problems we face (especially the basic ones that are tied to the increase of mass as speed increases) by creating an alternate means, like interdimensional travel. I guess the question then would be whether you arrive in the distant part of our universe that you intended to arrive in, or whether you end up on the dinner table in some alternate dimension.

Top Bottom