• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The FDA doing something beneficial? Pull the other one, it's got bells on. My cats have been fortunate.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    The FDA should be shut down and rebooted with people that give a crap. They 'apparently' have merely agreed to do what they should have been all along.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The FDA is part of a big swindle. They let big agro feed us non-foods that give us malnutrition, and cause various diseases like diabetes, then they approve big pharma's drugs that are expensive treatments for those, while suppressing cures, meanwhile they rake in big money for the treasury and campaign contributions for congresscritters. Once they've been in on that for a while, the bureaucrats go over to food or pharma as executives or lobbyists. It needs to be two separate agencies with specific requirements and limitations, audited periodically.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Well that's disappointing. I thought I only had to worry about Chinese products. Turns out that US companies and the FDA are willing to risk pets for a better profit margin.
    I've never met a dog that didn't love Pup Peroni. Now I'm gonna have to quit buying it. The neighbors were giving my dog Milk Bones last summer and she got pretty sick. Makes me wonder if the Milk Bones were contaminated with something.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well that's disappointing. I thought I only had to worry about Chinese products. Turns out that US companies and the FDA are willing to risk pets for a better profit margin.
    I've never met a dog that didn't love Pup Peroni. Now I'm gonna have to quit buying it. The neighbors were giving my dog Milk Bones last summer and she got pretty sick. Makes me wonder if the Milk Bones were contaminated with something.

Weren't milk bones on that list? I thought I saw them on there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Got it...headache is making me slow today! LOL! I misread what you posted.

It reminds me of the cat food recall several years back where the cats were all having kidney or liver failure. I had one that was constantly barfing. The food I was using was not on the list, but it was also removed from the shelf and never added to the list. I switched to Taste of the Wild due to an issue with another cat at the recommendation of our vet, and the one that was barfing stopped and gained weight...was healthier than she had been in years.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    This sounds like it happens often. I just skimmed the article. Usually they use too much of the drug to kill a horse, and the dog food company uses the horse meat in their food.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I have 5 terriers and have fed them nothing but Blue Buffalo since we got them. They are all healthy and happy if you read the ingredients on some of these dog foods it is enough to make one sick. I used to used Iams or Eukanuba and while it was fine I also bought supplements from DinoVite. The DinoVite is good stuff but pricey and I find that I don't need it with the Blue Buffalo. Just my :twocents: YMMV.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks for the link. We have been feeding our cats kit and kaboodle or friskies dry cat food, I’ll have to see who the parent company is.

I refuse to use Friskies as it is made by Purina. The Purina name is no longer something I associate with quality.

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    Makes me feel a little better about spending so dang much on dog food. I was sold on the premium stuff by one of these reps just asking me to read the ingredients on the side. A real eye opener.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom