Is the ING being sent to Washington, D.C. an option ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I was wondering about contingents of various state National Guard troops being sent to the Capitol. A little Google research led me to mostly understand how the process evolved. Part of what I read indicated the Secret Service, FBI, and Washington, D.C. requested Guard troops to assist with “crowd control, security, etc.”. I think I also learned the President is the ultimate CIC and has the authority to call up the Guard. If that is correct does he also have the authority prevent the Guard from participating ? Obviously he hasn’t taken that stance which tells me he doesn’t fit the Democrat claim Trump is a monarch wanna be. Nor has the general press media made any mention of it.

My brief search didn’t provide any info about the MOS designation of troops being sent. I.e. Military police, infantry, cook, clerk, or. . . . . . ? Apparently guardsmen will also be carrying duty weapons. Notwithstanding shades of Kent State, I‘m wondering what level of force Guard troops will be authorized to use.

I‘m ready to give odds on how many get arrested, and hurt and identified as Antifa, BLM, Trump supporters, etc.

Top Bottom