• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmanguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2017
    Tippecanoe
    100% correct, “they” are, and WILL. But it’s a deep dark chasm. You may not be the generation that claw’s their way back to the top on the other side. It could be your children or grandchildren that’s the real value in metals and land.

It’s not an investment you will ever get. If you want to invest there are many better vehicles. Just look at who owns and continues to buy metal and land, they’er not buying it for themselves.
    Agree sir! It’s so frustrating. Wish I was smart enough to buy land 10 - 20 years ago.

I’m waiting for them to start coming for beef next… oh wait…

Reactions: Mij

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went ahead and bought another IGR 10 oz. silver bar from Monument this morning on the dip. Paid about 8 bucks more than my last one, but still not too bad.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    The dollar and oil are both up. The Fed is walking a razor’s edge. Even the great Wellenda fell eventually, They can’t keep this up indefinitely.

The .gov is trying hard not to show it but plans are already in place or being made to put us (U.S.) on a war footing. All it is gonna take is one little mis-step by any one single entity to push us over the edge.

When was the last time anybody in America felt comfortable about tomorrow? Step back and look at the world as a whole. Not one bright spot to be seen. Anywhere!!!

Keep stacking my friends. Government’s all over the world are, there’s your biggest clue.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Gold is headed down at the moment. Might get another of these:
    View attachment 218273
    You are welcome. I may have made a late night, sleep deprived 1/4 oz purchase last night when it was +/-$1,775.

I am tempted to order some silver but to be honest I need to stick to my plan of selling some off to convert to gold once the spot gets a bit over $20 for good. Plus I actually get to go on vacation soon and want to waste money on fun.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    You are welcome. I may have made a late night, sleep deprived 1/4 oz purchase last night when it was +/-$1,775.

I am tempted to order some silver but to be honest I need to stick to my plan of selling some off to convert to gold once the spot gets a bit over $20 for good. Plus I actually get to go on vacation soon and want to waste money on fun.
    Watch that ratio, if it gets ~95:1 you’d be money ahead to just make a strait trade, no out of pocket money. That is depending upon the deal you can make with your dealer of course. It’s a common practice.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watch that ratio, if it gets ~95:1 you’d be money ahead to just make a strait trade, no out of pocket money. That is depending upon the deal you can make with your dealer of course. It’s a common practice.
    Wouldn't that be for trading gold for silver? For example, right now the ratio is 89:1, so I would only (in theory) need to trade 89 oz. silver for 1 oz. gold. At 95:1 I would have to trade 95 oz. silver for 1 oz. gold. Snorko is wanting to trade (or sell) silver to get gold.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Shame on me, but recently I thought I'd invest in crypto to finish off that market once and for all. I'll get back on silver soon, but I'm shocked at how stable the silver market has been with everything going on recently.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Shame on me, but recently I thought I'd invest in crypto to finish off that market once and for all. I'll get back on silver soon, but I'm shocked at how stable the silver market has been with everything going on recently.
    Hey, you gave it a good shot! :): But yeah, silver has been pretty flat.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Wouldn't that be for trading gold for silver? For example, right now the ratio is 89:1, so I would only (in theory) need to trade 89 oz. silver for 1 oz. gold. At 95:1 I would have to trade 95 oz. silver for 1 oz. gold. Snorko is wanting to trade (or sell) silver to get gold.
    DD, thanks once more. Just reread the post, I missed the point. I should have been more careful. After waiting so long for my gold to silver trade guess the thought of going the other direction is hard to fathom.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DD, thanks once more. Just reread the post, I missed the point. I should have been more careful. After waiting so long for my gold to silver trade guess the thought of going the other direction is hard to fathom.
    No worries! I was hesitant to say anything (since I'm usually in a state of confusion), but I just couldn't wrap my head around it. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Out of curiosity, you've mentioned that 95:1 for trading gold for silver is your target ratio. What is your target ratio for trading silver for gold?

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    No worries! I was hesitant to say anything (since I'm usually in a state of confusion), but I just couldn't wrap my head around it. :):
    Nope you weren’t confused I was, just after about a decade of one way thinking then someone slams on the brakes and says let’s go the other direction kinda jumbled my cookies.

:nuts: :bash:

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Out of curiosity, you've mentioned that 95:1 for trading gold for silver is your target ratio. What is your target ratio for trading silver for gold?
    Like to see about 50/55:1 It’s in one of my older posts. If my memory is correct I’ve made less than 6 trades since I stopped paying cash. Got out of silver at around 11.00 bucks. And gold was at ~550|600, I do remember doing a DCA on silver and it was 11.00. Never did a DCA on gold life got in the way. I’ve always tried to stay about 60-40% split. 60% gold. Those trades only come around a few times in your life you have to take advantage of them when the opportunity occurs. Guess that’s why it was hard for me to change gears in my head.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Like to see about 50/55:1 It’s in one of my older posts. If my memory is correct I’ve made less than 6 trades since I stopped paying cash. Got out of silver at around 11.00 bucks. And gold was at ~550|600, I do remember doing a DCA on silver and it was 11.00. Never did a DCA on gold life got in the way. I’ve always tried to stay about 60-40% split. 60% gold. Those trades only come around a few times in your life you have to take advantage of them when the opportunity occurs. Guess that’s why it was hard for me to change gears in my head.
    Wow... I don't know if I'll ever see that ratio this late in the game.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Wow... I don't know if I'll ever see that ratio this late in the game.
    Depends, the markets are fickle. And silver is artificially kept low by manipulating it. Hunt bros. China, solar panels, all could and do play a big part. The biggie, war. And you never know what’s around the corner. The next big invention, Bidon wants the U.S. to go all solar. Solar panels use a lot of silver.

Back in the 90’s I had about 5 years of coyote pelts at a Canadian outfit. NAFA, it was summer I was in the middle of my work season came home one day, a check in the mail, not much, but enough to take the wife out. Seems they sold a few coyote pelts. Nothing for a few weeks, then come home a bigger check. Not retirement money but bankable. A few weeks later I check the mail and there is a check for almost 5 years worth of coyote pelts avg. about 35 bucks ea. that was good money in the 90’s for coyote that the year before you couldn’t give away.

The markets are fickle.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Expect a big dip in gold this afternoon - I just ordered at $1758 spot.
    You're welcome.
    No prob. it’ll be back to 2000+ soon enough, then you will have your premium paid for. The rest is gravy.

Did you go with the Valcambi piece? I always thought that was a neat idea, for the segmented factor and looks like they would fit in a wallet. Smaller than 5 $ eagles.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    No prob. it’ll be back to 2000+ soon enough, then you will have your premium paid for. The rest is gravy.

Did you go with the Valcambi piece? I always thought that was a neat idea, for the segmented factor and looks like they would fit in a wallet. Smaller than 5 $ eagles.
    Yes. These will be better than shaving off grams from larger pieces after the fiat collapse, since each is clearly labeled. Though the premium is a bit steep. Also have some Canadian 1/10 oz legal tender bars, but the premium is even higher on those.

I was more into European sovereign coins, especially Coronas, due to low premiums, but that advantage is now wiped out by Indiana taxes on them.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was more into European sovereign coins, especially Coronas, due to low premiums, but that advantage is now wiped out by Indiana taxes on them.

So is the tax on them 7%? I know something changed recently. I was going to order a 1oz coin and had a Krugerrand in my cart. I like Krugerrands. When I went to check out it added $131 in tax. I switched it out to a Britannia and the tax went away. Makes no sense. I think I heard it is based on purity, .9999 vs .999.

Top Bottom