• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Received my 12/22 order today, it is all quarters.
    Good deal. I'm not surprised it is all quarters. There is a very cool new video on Yankee Stacking's YT channel where he tours SD Bullion. Different place I know but it shows how they process orders. Plus folks place premiums on dimes.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I realize this question is subject to personal preference.

Is there a rule of thumb or recommended ratio of gold/silver to hold?
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep. This last big drop i invested pretty heavily in silver and gold. Ha a person this evening trying to tell me that silver is going to go up 50 too 100 a ounce I had to laugh!!!!!!!!!!! I look for things to start dropping again this first quarter.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I am a newbie trying to learn as I invest.

From my perspective, things are devolving rapidly at home & abroad which makes me think that status quo is thrown out the window.

:dunno:
    I try not to think of this as an investment. Precious metals are cash that's off the books that will not be taxed as an inheritance, and an insurance policy of having something worth while on hand that you can grab and trade if needed. Precious metals have greased palms before to get people through lines and check points. So many historical uses.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I try not to think of this as an investment. Precious metals are cash that's off the books that will not be taxed as an inheritance, and an insurance policy of having something worth while on hand that you can grab and trade if needed. Precious metals have greased palms before to get people through lines and check points. So many historical uses.
    I agree. For me it is a store of wealth which is relatively easy to liquidate if needed or, potentially, an alternative form of payment in odd times.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I agree. For me it is a store of wealth which is relatively easy to liquidate if needed or, potentially, an alternative form of payment in odd times.
    Yes, just ask John Wick.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    With this dip ordering some is tempting. MM has rounds for $25.91/oz & a kilo bar for $25.37/oz as well. I still struggle with how much 90% to hold. Since by law it can not be melted down, selling it is limited to folks who want the coins. A bar or round can be sold for reuse for industrial demand which is where the increase will come from I think.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I thought silver coinage IS able to be melted down, but not copper.
    ?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I thought silver coinage IS able to be melted down, but not copper.
    ?

I stand corrected. thank you for the info. I thought because they were still valid currency they could not be.

Top Bottom