• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ya, last time I looked was last night before bed, gold was 1817 ish, silver was about 24 just figured it was still there after the jap bank news. Gotta run the dogs I’ll look when I come back in. And hello by the way.
    Yeah, there were big gains yesterday (silver). Gold too, but not as pronounced.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Bank o Japan raised their rates, world markets went crazy, U.S. dollar loosing strength, we’ll see what happens. Standing by.
    I'm not seeing it. Metals have been steady all day. Dow is up, but not up as much as it lost the past few days.
    I think Mij is referring to what happened yesterday to in part cause the run up.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Funny story as an aside. I ordered a 10gr gold bar along with a couple empty monster boxes from SD Bullion. I like the monster boxes for coin tube storage. Anyway I received the shipment today, good sized box. I opened it up and there were the two monster boxes (empty) and a cardboard box. I pull out the cardboard box figuring it would have the bar in it. It was empty. I immediately think they shipped an empty box by mistake and this is going to be a mess to deal with. Then i open one of the monster boxes and the bar is inside. they threw in a new empty cardboard box to fill the pace but put the bar in a monster box. Weird.

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Funny story as an aside. I ordered a 10gr gold bar along with a couple empty monster boxes from SD Bullion. I like the monster boxes for coin tube storage. Anyway I received the shipment today, good sized box. I opened it up and there were the two monster boxes (empty) and a cardboard box. I pull out the cardboard box figuring it would have the bar in it. It was empty. I immediately think they shipped an empty box by mistake and this is going to be a mess to deal with. Then i open one of the monster boxes and the bar is inside. they threw in a new empty cardboard box to fill the pace but put the bar in a monster box. Weird.
    Yeah, that would've made my heart skip a beat too I think once I saw that the cardboard box was empty!

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Merry Christmas we were just joking with you. :lmfao:

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I think Mij is referring to what happened yesterday to in part cause the run up.
    Ya, I don’t buy physical anymore haven’t in a long time. But I still follow the market just in case I see a trade that can benefit my stack.( Guess I did buy a couple ounces after selling some fats this summer. ) So I glanced at the numbers after the U.S. market was closed and saw the news about the japs, read a few articles. That was that.

Should give joe six pack a clue, but nope. Head in the sand, you can’t see me. One of these days folks are going to wake up but it’ll be to late for a lot. Ponzi schemes (Fed. Res.) fail with 100% certainty. Merry Christmas everyone

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Saw that an it is tempting. About 20% below their other 90% coinage. The $50 FV lot is shipped in a bag so I would rather order 5x$10 rolls and hope for a mix of quarters and dimes.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I ordered a $100 FV bag, we'll see how it turns out. I like tubes & the organization they bring (my ocd) but my cheapskate won out at $3.29 over spot. I will buy some tubes on Amazon.

Side note, I have some Morgan & Peace Dollars as well as other coins that are more valuable as collectable than silver that I would like to sell to convert into stacking silver/gold.

Any recommendations for an honest & fair coin shop?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I think I'm going to have to look for a new silver supplier. I had originally started buying from APMEX, because after shipping and fees they were the best deal per ounce at the time. Now for example, when I throw 25 ounces in the cart they're pushing $800 and monument is $650 ish for the same amount of bullion. I haven't bought any in a while now, but I watch the price in the cart.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think I'm going to have to look for a new silver supplier. I had originally started buying from APMEX, because after shipping and fees they were the best deal per ounce at the time. Now for example, when I throw 25 ounces in the cart they're pushing $800 and monument is $650 ish for the same amount of bullion. I haven't bought any in a while now, but I watch the price in the cart.
    Monument is my go-to now. Especially being set up for e-check. Free shipping, no taxes or fees.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Monument and SD Bullion are my go-to’s now

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Monument, SD Bullion & Provident all have similar free shipping and tax policies. I decide what I want to spend and generally what I want to buy, open three tabs, and compare. It usually comes down to a thin difference between SD & Monument. Sadly it has been a while since I ordered from Monument.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Since all my usual suppliers have started charging tax according to Indiana law (taxing gold less that .999), I have had to move away from some of my favorites (Austrian 100 and 20 Corona coins) to bars. Those Coronas were so nice, but I'm afraid it's over now. :spend::(

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Since all my usual suppliers have started charging tax according to Indiana law (taxing gold less that .999), I have had to move away from some of my favorites (Austrian 100 and 20 Corona coins) to bars. Those Coronas were so nice, but I'm afraid it's over now. :spend::(
    I feel the same way about Krugerrands. Have you purchased any Coronas locally? I have wondered whether local dealers were following that line as well.

And if you have a couple Krugs we should talk...:cheers:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I feel the same way about Krugerrands. Have you purchased any Coronas locally? I have wondered whether local dealers were following that line as well.

And if you have a couple Krugs we should talk...:cheers:
    Unfortunately no. Not a single one.
    Our LCS never has any gold coins except pre-33 US, and they are overpriced.

Top Bottom