Is Silver next?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
73   0   1
Aug 18, 2011
Southside Indy
Yet some folks still selling silver eagles at more than $10 over spot.
Most of the precious metals sites sell them at about that. I don't get it either. I did pick up 6 just because I wanted some the last time spot dropped down into the low $24 range, but the price was still at least 8 or 9 bucks over spot when everything else was 4 or 5 bucks over spot.

snorko

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Apr 3, 2008
Evansville, IN
Hey that's my line! Honestly I am frustrated right now. August for me is when a few annual and semi-annual bills hit plus I have a vacation planned in September. Both serving to limit my silver purchase funds. I probably should convert some more steel & plastic to silver.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
73   0   1
Aug 18, 2011
Southside Indy
I just picked up 8 Robinhood Rounds for $27.11. I usually just order enough to get the free shipping from Provident. My Krugerands are supposed to be here today.

I thought these were kinda cool looking. Might give one to my grandson for Christmas.

OutdoorDad

Expert
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Apr 19, 2015
Indianapolis
i have a couple of pounds of liberty dimes. and a huge amount of silverware.

a bit of gold, for bribes to get my family to the coast and cheap protein

is this about survival and preparedness? or commodity speculation?

Magyars

Expert
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Mar 6, 2010
Far Eastern Delaware County
Has anyone been to the showroom at Silvertowne? I assume I can show up with cash and just buy whatever is available?
Yes, that's correct.
The inventory changes daily.
We were there last week, a couple bought all of the Silvertowne Eagle rounds in stock. A father and son bought a large quantity of gold.
The Silver Towne Eagle are a stunning coin...ask to see them

rosejm

Sharpshooter
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nov 28, 2013
NWI
Do they just ship them to your house? Any issues with that? I’m just concerned about porch pirates or damaged boxes.
Typically, there's a "signature required" - but not always. Maybe depends on the order value.

And while I can't speak to others, Provident packages the items well (flips,tubes or whatever the item/quantity warrants) and then packed those in bubble wrap/packing material secured with fiber tape inside & out.

Still possible a box could be damaged (this is 3rd party shipping), but if the items are still inside there's a low chance of product damage.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
73   0   1
Aug 18, 2011
Southside Indy
Do they just ship them to your house? Any issues with that? I’m just concerned about porch pirates or damaged boxes.
Typically, there's a "signature required" - but not always. Maybe depends on the order value.

And while I can't speak to others, Provident packages the items well (flips,tubes or whatever the item/quantity warrants) and then packed those in bubble wrap/packing material secured with fiber tape inside & out.

Still possible a box could be damaged (this is 3rd party shipping), but if the items are still inside there's a low chance of product damage.
Yep, ^^^this^^^. Provident is my go-to almost exclusively now. For silver orders, they've never required a signature, and I only ever order enough to get the free shipping (anything $199 and up), so it's usually just 7 or 8 rounds/bars, and the box fits in my mailbox. They also don't charge sales tax.

Now when I did order one gold round, it was sent signature required (I assume because of the higher value), and I opted to have it held at the post office for me to pick up.

Products discussed on INGO

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkullDrifter
Top Bottom