• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    Well what's weirder is, it now seems to have just stopped. I mean, I would have expected it to keep moving (hopefully back towards Indianapolis) at least.
    Last time it happened to me I had a package coming from Connecticut. Tracking history showed it being scanned in Ohio then Indianapolis. Next day it showed up in Texas. 14 days after the package was mailed it showed up on my doorstep but the tracking history was never updated.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Last time it happened to me I had a package coming from Connecticut. Tracking history showed it being scanned in Ohio then Indianapolis. Next day it showed up in Texas. 14 days after the package was mailed it showed up on my doorstep but the tracking history was never updated.
    At least this one isn't being sent "signature required". A gold Britannia shipped that way showed that it was going to be delivered on one date, and then it showed up a day early (and we apparently weren't around to sign for it) and I wound up having to go to the post office to pick it up. It will be interesting to see if I get any further updates on this one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ha! Their ears must have been burning. :): Just got this notification.

Your item departed our USPS facility in MONTGOMERY AL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on June 28, 2021 at 4:25 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Well, 6 of my Kangaroos arrived today. Both orders (6 each) shipped the same day. Both arrived in Indianapolis the same day. One order made it today. The other one took a wrong turn. :n00b:

June 27, 2021, 2:14 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    MONTGOMERY AL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    Your item arrived at our USPS facility in MONTGOMERY AL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on June 27, 2021 at 2:14 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

June 26, 2021, 5:27 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    INDIANAPOLIS IN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

June 26, 2021, 11:44 am
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46242

Pffft. Amateur stuff.
    1624917421228.png

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    At least this one isn't being sent "signature required". A gold Britannia shipped that way showed that it was going to be delivered on one date, and then it showed up a day early (and we apparently weren't around to sign for it) and I wound up having to go to the post office to pick it up. It will be interesting to see if I get any further updates on this one.
    Those 2021's are beautiful coins.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Looks like Au and Ag are both headed down this morning. Might buy some at the lunchtime dip.

ETA: got some generic 1 oz. rounds for $29.74 each.

Something strange: When I search for cheapest silver on findbullionprices, I get some results and follow the link to the website (usually silvergoldbull) and find the item at that price. But looking up the same item on the actual destination website brings up a different (and usually more expensive) price for the same item. Found this with both silver and gold.
    Also, findbullionprices does not always list the cheapest alternatives. Right now they list 100 koronas for $1864.22 at Money Metals, but they are available at Provident/JM for $1810.12.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I picked up 7 of these for 31.94 when it dipped. It hadn't quite hit bottom but at least it was below 26.

I like the St Helena mintings. I bought a few of the 250 gram bars a while back and not only were they a good price per ounce, they are quite pretty. Also a nice compromise being around 8 troy oz.

Ordered some 90% silver from Provident a couple days ago. Surprisingly the price per ounce was lower than the cheapest 1oz or 10oz rounds.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I like the St Helena mintings. I bought a few of the 250 gram bars a while back and not only were they a good price per ounce, they are quite pretty. Also a nice compromise being around 8 troy oz.

Ordered some 90% silver from Provident a couple days ago. Surprisingly the price per ounce was lower than the cheapest 1oz or 10oz rounds.
    I thought I'd give one of each of the St. Helena coins to each of 3 grandkids. Their mom passed away in 2017, so I thought the angel would be something good for them to have and keep.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Added 40oz of sunshine rounds tonight. Just above $30
    You're headed in the same direction as I'd like to. I'm just getting started for my hedge on the dollar/investments.

Could you provide any tips on purchasing or future use of coins vs rounds? I understand some basics such as legal tender vs independent mint, and the associated cost difference.

I can see the future potential need for using coins as purchasing power in the event of a financial reset. In that regard I thought legal tender might be best as a better known currency, yet the value is the precious metal.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    You're headed in the same direction as I'd like to. I'm just getting started for my hedge on the dollar/investments.

Could you provide any tips on purchasing or future use of coins vs rounds? I understand some basics such as legal tender vs independent mint, and the associated cost difference.

I can see the future potential need for using coins as purchasing power in the event of a financial reset. In that regard I thought legal tender might be best as a better known currency, yet the value is the precious metal.
    You might want to consider junk silver. It is already legal tender, and has 90% silver content. Takes some math to make sure you get the best deal - each $1.40 in junk contains 1 Troy ounce of pure silver. Sometimes your local coin shop has better deals than online retailers. Sometimes. Premiums on 1 oz. silver Eagles and the like can be pretty steep.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Order of 50 1 oz. rounds arrived today from Silvergoldbull. They were listed as generic rounds, with possible signs of use, their choice. What arrived was 50 SiverTowne St. Gaudens tribute brand new rounds.
    I've found if you order random generic rounds in multiples of 20 you almost always get a tube of like rounds. Someone probably sold them a monster box of the St Gaudens rounds.

I ordered a few Britanias from Provident today. They are on sale and only $0.09 per coin more than the cheapest 1oz round. Funny thing, I just hit the site to confirm what those prices were and their banner was having a glitch. I snipped it from 5 minutes ago, see below.

1626460355111.png

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I've found if you order random generic rounds in multiples of 20 you almost always get a tube of like rounds. Someone probably sold them a monster box of the St Gaudens rounds.

I ordered a few Britanias from Provident today. They are on sale and only $0.09 per coin more than the cheapest 1oz round. Funny thing, I just hit the site to confirm what those prices were and their banner was having a glitch. I snipped it from 5 minutes ago, see below.

View attachment 148474
    Saw that same thing a few days ago. First though - "What just happened? Did I miss out again?" Second thought - reload. The glitch went away.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I ordered 6 "random date" Silver Eagles today from Provident when spot was at about 25.70. Hate paying the inflated premium for Eagles, but I didn't have any so it seemed like a good time to do it. Wound up paying 35.05 apiece.

Top Bottom