• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    With the current events and a repeating history apparent, should we be open eyed for another round of Islamic terror?

Do we remember how and why ISIS, ISIL, Daesh, The Islamic State became so prominent the last time they did?

With suicide bombers at the top of the news, will there be a resurgence here?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Though it could be that we have a more forceful and confident leader. Now they they see weakness in the white house, the gloves are probably going to come off.

And they'll likely ramp up if Kamala ends up in the big boy chair. Not only is she weak an ineffectual, she is *gasp* a woman! Not even fit to enter the building in their eyes, let alone rule a country.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    They (the terrorists) just inherited $85+ BILLION DOLLARS!!!! worth of TOP US military equipment and several $100+ MILLION DOLLARS worth of cold hard US CASH!!!!

It's not a matter of if, BUT when the next 911 happens, as brain dead bidiot would say....."FOLKS!!!" I guarantee in those thousands of undocumented illegals that have flooded across our southern border. Several g-haudists got threw and Bidiot 46 just gave them the means and funds to give us a Superbowl of a terrorist act on US SOIL!!!!

Keep your powder dry......1 if by land.......2 if by sea.......the terrorists are coming!!!!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would imagine that the airport at Kabul is an easy and high density target right now and will continue to be for a while. The suicide bombers will slow everything down as well.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I would imagine that the airport at Kabul is an easy and high density target right now and will continue to be for a while. The suicide bombers will slow everything down as well.
    Abandoning a fully functional airbase for one in the middle of Kabul; that is damn near impossible to defend, is absolutely insane. Our military was given an incredibly difficult task to complete. The ineptness of administration is reprehensible! I'm afraid this is only the beginning of US troop casualties...it ALL could have been avoided!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    With suicide bombers at the top of the news, will there be a resurgence here?

Maybe. Attacking there is much easier than attacking here. As far as the equipment we abandoned, while true and maddening I'm much more concerned with the conventional explosives then "high tech" stuff. They aren't going to suddenly start fighting like us, they will continue to fight like them. My wife (who as most of you know is native to the ME and lived in Kuwait when Iraq invaded) is quite worried both for us here and for her family in Jordan. Qatar seems like kind of a Switzerland of the ME, so maybe less so for the family still there.

I would point out 9/11 was done with boxcutters and a small slice of flight school. Obviously that sort of attack isn't going to work again, the days of "cooperate with hijackers because they won't hurt you" are long gone. Who knows what sort of "out of the box" attack is out there being cooked up. Hopefully our intel and intercept capabilities remain good, particularly for overseas targets of interest. I'd be much more worried about an overseas embassy or port facility than a homeland attack, but either is a non-zero possibility.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe. Attacking there is much easier than attacking here. As far as the equipment we abandoned, while true and maddening I'm much more concerned with the conventional explosives then "high tech" stuff. They aren't going to suddenly start fighting like us, they will continue to fight like them. My wife (who as most of you know is native to the ME and lived in Kuwait when Iraq invaded) is quite worried both for us here and for her family in Jordan. Qatar seems like kind of a Switzerland of the ME, so maybe less so for the family still there.

I would point out 9/11 was done with boxcutters and a small slice of flight school. Obviously that sort of attack isn't going to work again, the days of "cooperate with hijackers because they won't hurt you" are long gone. Who knows what sort of "out of the box" attack is out there being cooked up. Hopefully our intel and intercept capabilities remain good, particularly for overseas targets of interest. I'd be much more worried about an overseas embassy or port facility than a homeland attack, but either is a non-zero possibility.
    First of all, best wishes for your and Mrs. BBI family!

After the recent attacks and bombings, I'm wondering if sentiment might swing to activity here, as it did in the past when Islamic terror peaked in the Afghanistan region?

What, ten years ago or more, I remember the threat seemed quite the concern. I changed my EDC accordingly and my shooting/training/practice regiment.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    First of all, best wishes for your and Mrs. BBI family!

After the recent attacks and bombings, I'm wondering if sentiment might swing to activity here, as it did in the past when Islamic terror peaked in the Afghanistan region?

I'm sure the talk and desire will be there, but the logistics and ability to successfully plan may not be. The "biggest" threats will likely remain mass shootings or using heavy trucks as weapons in crowded spaces. None of that really changes based on what small arms they have there. Remember the Taliban wasn't projecting power even before 9/11, they were an "over there" problem. They sheltered the people who attacked us, which is why we went after them. I kind of doubt they've changed. Plus remember they aren't fully in charge of the nation, either. It's still a multi-front civil war and large areas that are basically stateless.

And here's a solid question. What will Pakistan do?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd also add, the threat of terrorism is pretty limited outside of the morale and ideology aspects. Compare that threat to, say, a nuclear equipped Iran. That's a lot scarier than a guy driving a Uhaul through a street festival in the grand scheme of things.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Who’s the puppet Blue?
    Who’s got their hand up who’s rear end?
    It looks long me Achmed is holding up Old Joe elbow deep, what a disgrace.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Yes.

My greatest fear is one of the Tom Clancy novels coming to fruition. With the hardware and assets the traitors in the White House and in his administration have given our enemies, the potential for that sort of attack has been increased many fold.

With the assets the Jihadists have been afforded, an epic level of evil can be funded.

Top Bottom