Is everyone unphased by deploying federal special forces on unarmed citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I’m just curious of the sentiment here. Maybe it’s posted elsewhere, if so please direct me.

Do you guys consent to deploying a special squad to “handle” some misdemeanor level crime (if crime at all) on unarmed citizens trying to protest?

You don’t have to agree with the protesting, but do you agree with the use of these tactics?

To me, this is a bit overreaching. I mean let’s say gun control starts being debated and there’s a threat of taking away guns. Does this not set precedence for the federal government to override states and deploy special forces against gun-rights activists?

This just seems very Orwellian to me.

Curious to your thoughts.

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Remember during Obama. Jade Helm! Fema Camps. He's gonna lock us up. lol
    NO I'm not ok with deploying special squads. And I commend the ones holding their own and letting everyone know this is not ok.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    So what Is your answer to this insanity.
    Serious question.

How many people have died as a result of the protests? Like legitimately protesters killing people? I think I heard of a few shootings, not many if any deaths but I’m not following it religiously.

Are local governments being overrun? Is the national guard overwhelmed? The states haven’t asked for help for the reasons I mentioned above.

Curious, have you been threatened or has your home damaged?

I worked downtown before Covid. I’m Remote now. Our tower was damaged that one weekend, but I haven’t heard of any more destruction in Indianapolis since chargers were made against the officer in the Floyd incident.

It seems unnecessary and moving towards totalitarian in my opinion.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Don't think protesting is the right word, more rioting involved than peaceful protest. Am I ok with the federal gov stepping in? Protesting-no, they should stay out. Rioting and inciting to(antifa), yes they should assist.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I’m just curious of the sentiment here. Maybe it’s posted elsewhere, if so please direct me.

Do you guys consent to deploying a special squad to “handle” some misdemeanor level crime (if crime at all) on unarmed citizens trying to protest?

You don’t have to agree with the protesting, but do you agree with the use of these tactics?

To me, this is a bit overreaching. I mean let’s say gun control starts being debated and there’s a threat of taking away guns. Does this not set precedence for the federal government to override states and deploy special forces against gun-rights activists?

This just seems very Orwellian to me.

Curious to your thoughts.
    What exactly are "federal special forces"?
    What is this "special squad" you mention?
    Are these peaceful protesters, or are these individuals using violence?

What I have seen, at least in Portland, are federal agents protecting federal buildings.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Don't think protesting is the right word, more rioting involved than peaceful protest. Am I ok with the federal gov stepping in? Protesting-no, they should stay out. Rioting and inciting to(antifa), yes they should assist.

Now-a-days it seems the difference between 'peaceful protest' and 'riot' is if the are stomping on my stuff or your stuff...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How many people have died as a result of the protests? Like legitimately protesters killing people? I think I heard of a few shootings, not many if any deaths but I’m not following it religiously.

Are local governments being overrun? Is the national guard overwhelmed? The states haven’t asked for help for the reasons I mentioned above.

I worked downtown before Covid. I’m Remote now. Our tower was damaged that one weekend, but I haven’t heard of any more destruction in Indianapolis since chargers were made against the officer in the Floyd incident.

OK think with me. City's are burning. Local economy's are crumbling and yes people are dying. Heck a few were shot in that fiasco in Seattle and many were beat the hell down. People are being attacked and severely hurt but the media stays silent. And yes the bastards were 2 blocks north of us and a few blocks south when Indy was under siege. So yes the crap is out of control. We and all of our neighbors were out front and ready. Thank god it stopped before it got to us but several houses north of us were hit. More vandalized than anything but yes it was close.

Now, I asked what your answer was.......I do not see it here. Indy is a miniscule example but Portland is a war zone. Do you know anyone out there. We do. They are scared ****less every day and looking to get out. Seattle was a nightmare for those folks.

I am not one to want the feds involved but the locals are letting these idiots run amok. Heck Berkley is next. I have lost all faith in Indiana's leadership. This is not over yet.

I was not attempting to say you or R-600 are wrong but what would either of you do.

wingrider1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    In what part of the world is it okay to burn businesses, gov buildings, kick the police of of their hq , destroy public property of all types, block streets and threaten anyone driving down them, loot, steal, pilfer, claim several city blocks as another entity?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I would appreciate a bit more transparency. Like insignia patches to indicate your "officer ID number" (or whatever they call it) and who you work for specifically. My undersanding is they are predominantly ICE. I couldnt care less about the unmarked vehicles.

So far it appears that they are watching specific targets that are wanted for damage done to federal facilities and are snagging them when they least expect it to minimize threats to safety. They dont appear to be arresting randos wandering around being poorly dressed/styled idiots. THAT I would have a problem with. I prefer this to them picking the idiot out of the crowd in the heat of the moment, then gassing and beating the rest of the crowd forcing them to make way to get to him/her/it to take them into custody.

I just think its ironic that it was "their president" that signed the bill that authorized this. :)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::):

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would appreciate a bit more transparency. (like insignia patches to indicate your "officer ID number" (or whatever they call it) and who you work for specifically. My undersanding is they are predominantly ICE. I couldnt care less about the unmarked vehicles.

So far it appears that they are watching specific targets that are wanted for damage done to federal facilities and are snagging them when they least expect it to minimize threats to safety. They dont appear to be arresting randos wandering around being poorly dressed/styled idiots. THAT I would have a problem with. I prefer this to them picking the idiot out of the crowd in the heat of the moment, then gassing and beating the rest of the crowd forcing them to make way to get to him/her/it to take them into custody.

I just think its ironic that it was "their president" that signed the bill that authorized this. :)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::)::):

OK my friend these people are working in the shadows just like the forces they are pitted against. In a way this is war. They brought it. Now how do we stop it.
    If local leaders had any balls we would not be here but we are.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    OK think with me. City's are burning. Local economy's are crumbling and yes people are dying. Heck a few were shot in that fiasco in Seattle and many were beat the hell down. People are being attacked and severely hurt but the media stays silent. And yes the bastards were 2 blocks north of us and a few blocks south when Indy was under siege. So yes the crap is out of control. We and all of our neighbors were out front and ready. Thank god it stopped before it got to us but several houses north of us were hit. More vandalized than anything but yes it was close.

warzone? Cities burning? Really? My sister lives in Portland and hasn’t reported that...

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    OK my friend these people are working in the shadows just like the forces they are pitted against. In a way this is war. They brought it. Now how do we stop it.
    If local leaders had any balls we would not be here but we are.
    THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Local leaders dropping the protection of their own city

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Given the violence, the beating / killing / raping, destruction of private and public property, the incompetence / complicity of local government........I'm surprisingly OK with it.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

they are rioting burning and destructing public property and the dems won't stop so someone has to stop it....

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    warzone? Cities burning? Really? My sister lives in Portland and hasn’t reported that...

Are you willing to concede there are still nightly protests in Portland resulting in destruction and loss of property?

I found this quote from the article comical. "[FONT=&quot]Mayor Ted Wheeler has condemned the violence at times. [/FONT]He told KATU news his plan[FONT=&quot] to bring the nightly demonstrations to an end starts with first removing the presence of federal officers in downtown."

https://katu.com/news/on-your-side/...egative-impacts-of-continued-nightly-protests[/FONT]

Top Bottom