Is everyone unphased by deploying federal special forces on unarmed citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    OK think with me. City's are burning. Local economy's are crumbling and yes people are dying. Heck a few were shot in that fiasco in Seattle and many were beat the hell down. People are being attacked and severely hurt but the media stays silent. And yes the bastards were 2 blocks north of us and a few blocks south when Indy was under siege. So yes the crap is out of control. We and all of our neighbors were out front and ready. Thank god it stopped before it got to us but several houses north of us were hit. More vandalized than anything but yes it was close.

Now, I asked what your answer was.......I do not see it here. Indy is a miniscule example but Portland is a war zone. Do you know anyone out there. We do. They are scared ****less every day and looking to get out. Seattle was a nightmare for those folks.

I am not one to want the feds involved but the locals are letting these idiots run amok. Heck Berkley is next. I have lost all faith in Indiana's leadership. This is not over yet.

I was not attempting to say you or R-600 are wrong but what would either of you do.

What would I do? I would let them enjoy the government they voted for. Sometimes you need to let something get as bad as 1980s E Germany for people to summon the will to take the wall down.

If the local populace is content to have their elected officials abandon their oaths, betray the citizens, and allows a decent into madness, then the local people there must be the ones to save themselves. It is not the role of the feds to protect people from the government they voted for.

Let it burn. Let it all burn. Let the good people rise up and fight or pack their bags in flight. Either way, they have to own their action or inactions.

The feds have the right to protect federal buildings. But showing up in multicam with plate carriers and kevlar helmets is bad optics. They should have instead had people out there in DHS rain coats or vest CLEARLY showing who they were.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What would I do? I would let them enjoy the government they voted for. Sometimes you need to let something get as bad as 1980s E Germany for people to summon the will to take the wall down.

If the local populace is content to have their elected officials abandon their oaths, betray the citizens, and allows a decent into madness, then the local people there must be the ones to save themselves. It is not the role of the feds to protect people from the government they voted for.

Let it burn. Let it all burn. Let the good people rise up and fight or pack their bags in flight. Either way, they have to own their action or inactions.

The feds have the right to protect federal buildings. But showing up in multicam with plate carriers and kevlar helmets is bad optics. They should have instead had people out there in DHS rain coats or vest CLEARLY showing who they were.

And we have a winner.........:woot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Violent communist separatists are attempting to breach and burn down federal buildings while traitor city governments and police stand by and cheer for them. This seems like exactly what we have federal law enforcement agencies to deal with.

If Portland or Seattle or Chicago did their damn jobs instead of cheering for the Marxists to come guillotine them, we wouldn't be in this situation. Either the feds restore sanity and order or we're all living in CHAZ this time next year.

But but bit no one has seen it. So it cant be happaining.....:faint:

Yeah I know I should STFU and just let the people sit in the comfort of their homes safe from the madness. Until it is no longer safe.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    What exactly are "federal special forces"?
    What is this "special squad" you mention?
    I wish we knew. So far, there is only speculation as to who these "federal police" are. They are essentially anonymous and, therefore, unaccountable.

Are these peaceful protesters, or are these individuals using violence?

The allegation is peaceful protesters. Folks walking down the street, unmarked vehicle rolls up and detains them. They search them, fish with questions for a while, then let them go.

If they are releasing them, it seems unlikely they have anything on them.

What I have seen, at least in Portland, are federal agents protecting federal buildings.

Protecting federal buildings w/ federal LEO is kosher. Catch and release fishing expeditions are not. The truth lies somewhere in between, the question is which end is closer.

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    Sounded like it was DHS. And even though they were in unmarked vehicles they still had the proper insignia displayed.

That being said I haven't done any additional research to confirm/deny so take that with a grain of salt.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’m just curious of the sentiment here. Maybe it’s posted elsewhere, if so please direct me.

Do you guys consent to deploying a special squad to “handle” some misdemeanor level crime (if crime at all) on unarmed citizens trying to protest?

You don’t have to agree with the protesting, but do you agree with the use of these tactics?

To me, this is a bit overreaching. I mean let’s say gun control starts being debated and there’s a threat of taking away guns. Does this not set precedence for the federal government to override states and deploy special forces against gun-rights activists?

This just seems very Orwellian to me.

Curious to your thoughts.

Its extraordinary rendition without the middlemen

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How many people have died as a result of the protests? Like legitimately protesters killing people? I think I heard of a few shootings, not many if any deaths but I’m not following it religiously.

Are local governments being overrun? Is the national guard overwhelmed? The states haven’t asked for help for the reasons I mentioned above.

Curious, have you been threatened or has your home damaged?

I worked downtown before Covid. I’m Remote now. Our tower was damaged that one weekend, but I haven’t heard of any more destruction in Indianapolis since chargers were made against the officer in the Floyd incident.

It seems unnecessary and moving towards totalitarian in my opinion.

If they are protecting federal property as advertised, I think they are within their mandate. What happens to you if you set foot on a military installation w/o proper authorization

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But but but no one has seen that. It can not be true. No one is getting shot.

Crap. I was not going to post in here but this is making the mouse insane.

Waiting for Jetta, who thought the feds throwing up a roadblock to get some Malheur targets while sniping one of them was just fine, to have some kind of problem with this

Smart money says any minute

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Sounded like it was DHS. And even though they were in unmarked vehicles they still had the proper insignia displayed.

That being said I haven't done any additional research to confirm/deny so take that with a grain of salt.

I'd heard "DHS", but that's a cabinet level designation... lots of subordinate agencies with "police" powers underneath (ICE, Customs/BP, Coast Guard, Secret Service, etc.)

A quick skim of all the subdivisions and agencies makes FPS seem most likely based on the stated mission. 900 LEOs, up to 13,000 security contractors.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But but bit no one has seen it. So it cant be happaining.....:faint:

Yeah I know I should STFU and just let the people sit in the comfort of their homes safe from the madness. Until it is no longer safe.

I definitely think it's too early for the one way helicopter rides, though

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    How many people have died as a result of the protests? Like legitimately protesters killing people? I think I heard of a few shootings, not many if any deaths but I’m not following it religiously.

Are local governments being overrun? Is the national guard overwhelmed? The states haven’t asked for help for the reasons I mentioned above.

Curious, have you been threatened or has your home damaged?

I worked downtown before Covid. I’m Remote now. Our tower was damaged that one weekend, but I haven’t heard of any more destruction in Indianapolis since chargers were made against the officer in the Floyd incident.

It seems unnecessary and moving towards totalitarian in my opinion.

Ferguson refresh any burnt or dormant cells?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m just curious of the sentiment here. Maybe it’s posted elsewhere, if so please direct me.

Do you guys consent to deploying a special squad to “handle” some misdemeanor level crime (if crime at all) on unarmed citizens trying to protest?

You don’t have to agree with the protesting, but do you agree with the use of these tactics?

To me, this is a bit overreaching. I mean let’s say gun control starts being debated and there’s a threat of taking away guns. Does this not set precedence for the federal government to override states and deploy special forces against gun-rights activists?

This just seems very Orwellian to me.

Curious to your thoughts.
    Eh. Maybe if it bothers you turn the channel?

I guess you need to be more specific about what you’re reacting to. If it’s to what happened in Portland, they were there to protect federal property. I don’t see a problem with that. If they’re there to stop people from protesting that’s clearly a problem to worry about but I don’t see any indication of that happening. If you’re talking about sending federal agents to cities to work with state and local law enforcement, notwithstanding the fact that it’s unsolicited, it’s not to work independently of the state and local police. I suspect that many of these city officials not wanting the help actually want it, but don’t want to say it publicly. And of course the press is going to spin this as Trump fascism.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh. And there’s a LOT more Orwellian **** coming from the left right now. We have much more to worry a out on that end of the spectrum.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Eh. Maybe if it bothers you turn the channel?

I guess you need to be more specific about what you’re reacting to. If it’s to what happened in Portland, they were there to protect federal property. I don’t see a problem with that. If they’re there to stop people from protesting that’s clearly a problem to worry about but I don’t see any indication of that happening. If you’re talking about sending federal agents to cities to work with state and local law enforcement, notwithstanding the fact that it’s unsolicited, it’s not to work independently of the state and local police. I suspect that many of these city officials not wanting the help actually want it, but don’t want to say it publicly. And of course the press is going to spin this as Trump fascism.

Not to mention, clearly Chicago needs help. Whether they'll admit it or not, they need reinforcement from someone to deal with the astronomically absurd murder rate.
    Simply bringing the option to the table is kind of the opposite of Orwellian. There's obviously a severe lack of law enforcement in many areas of the country and the people are living under what might as well be considered warlord rule. Their rights aren't being upheld.

As long as these reinforcements don't start stepping outside the bounds of the bill of rights, I really can't see it as anything other than a significant benefit, especially for areas that can't afford better policing but desperately need it.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Trump has the authority but personally I wish he'd stay out of it.

We are rapidly becoming two countries, much as we were before the War of Northern Aggression with the industrial North and agrarian South.

But what we are morphing into is civilized against uncivilized, and sooner or later one side or the other must prevail.

I say let democrat-led cities burn. As was previously noted, you get what you vote for. Who on Earth wants to live in a place where low lifes have become such an electoral force that the likes of a Lightfoot or DeBlasio can become mayors? Let those people with enough sense to do so move to flyover country and make sure they vote in accordance to what they have learned from New York, Minneapolis, Portland and Chicago.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Let those people with enough sense to do so move to flyover country and make sure they vote in accordance to what they have learned from New York, Minneapolis, Portland and Chicago.

Hell ****ing no.
    They never learn, that's why they're on that side of the isle. Once the mind virus has infected them, no matter how many times they see their policies result in total devastation they will think that they just need another try.

If you let them into your communities, your communities will look exactly like the communities they fled from.

Don't be fooled by them playing lip service that they had a change of heart either, the second they enter the polling booth, they beg for the same policies to come to your neighborhood.
    There may be very rare exceptions, but they are almost unheard of.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

We are rapidly becoming two countries, much as we were before the War of Northern Aggression with the industrial North and agrarian South.

But what we are morphing into is civilized against uncivilized, and sooner or later one side or the other must prevail.

I say let democrat-led cities burn. As was previously noted, you get what you vote for. Who on Earth wants to live in a place where low lifes have become such an electoral force that the likes of a Lightfoot or DeBlasio can become mayors? Let those people with enough sense to do so move to flyover country and make sure they vote in accordance to what they have learned from New York, Minneapolis, Portland and Chicago.

In this look what the exodus from Commiefornia has done to the surrounding states by those influences. No these idiots never ever learn.

But I agree. Let them burn and not a cent in help. Its on those people to clean that crap up.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    hqdefault-dCNYEI.jpeg

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

ok it is just 4 citys and if they don't stop it it could be hundreds....

Top Bottom