Is everyone unphased by deploying federal special forces on unarmed citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    If they destroy federal property or assault officers/ agents on federal property it’s fair game. I think they have every right to pursue. I’m not sure how much they are “deploying” them. My dads a US marshal. Lives in Schererville, and works out of the Hammond federal court house everyday. If they mess with that building he has told me about all of the measures the federal government has in place. These people are criminals and should be treated as such.

In the same breath, I’m not cool with them just randomly patrolling the streets detaining whoever they want with no probable cause.

Witnessing some raindbow haired douche throw a Molotov cocktail at a building is probable cause. It’s also a felony to mess with federal property or federal agents/ police. It is NOT a misdemeanor. These idiots will be in for a rude awakening when they go before a federal judge. They don’t let them out with no bail like the local leftie judges. My dad said 10,20,30 year sentences is like handing out candy on Halloween to the federal judges. They don’t F*** around.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Given the violence, the beating / killing / raping, destruction of private and public property, the incompetence / complicity of local government........I'm surprisingly OK with it.

I am OK with it for the same reasons. My concern is the few who get this feeling of power and act accordingly. These are the people and actions the media will lock on to, not the rioters or instigators. They will use this as a platform to further agrivate the the woke sheep and expand the "Protests".

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Are you willing to concede there are still nightly protests in Portland resulting in destruction and loss of property?

I found this quote from the article comical. "[FONT=&amp]Mayor Ted Wheeler has condemned the violence at times. [/FONT]He told KATU news his plan[FONT=&amp] to bring the nightly demonstrations to an end starts with first removing the presence of federal officers in downtown."

https://katu.com/news/on-your-side/...egative-impacts-of-continued-nightly-protests[/FONT]

Mayor Ted is a moron. "they are only doing this because of the police. If the police go away they will stop."

Uh, no, mayor dip:poop:, thats NOT why. removing the police will only make it worse, because they will then know they can riot and loot with impunity.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It is a really really bad precedent to be setting. When Biden or the next wacko lefty bird puts them on us, remember this.

When is the last time you seen us Gun toting, freedom loving individuals burn down cities, kill, maim, loot, etc. Its not like they're going after peaceful protestors. They're going after violent, thug criminals

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It is a really really bad precedent to be setting. When Biden or the next wacko lefty bird puts them on us, remember this.

The next time I'm trying to burn down a Federal Courthouse I'll remember that. And guess what? When the last wacko lefty bird's DHS Secretary Big Sis Napolitono called me and every other ex-military a potential terrorist? We saw that in 2009.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I believe some members must clearly watching CNN. I don't have cable or satellite, just broadcast television so I don't even watch Fox News.
    Just watch the YouTube videos out their , or if you have Facebook [I don't], watch those.
    The violence and destruction is just In comprehensible. 15 people were injured in drive by shootings last night 15!!!!! Even for Chiraq, that is a lot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I believe some members must clearly watching CNN. I don't have cable or satellite, just broadcast television so I don't even watch Fox News.
    Just watch the YouTube videos out their , or if you have Facebook [I don't], watch those.
    The violence and destruction is just In comprehensible. 15 people were injured in drive by shootings last night 15!!!!! Even for Chiraq, that is a lot.

But but but no one has seen that. It can not be true. No one is getting shot.

Crap. I was not going to post in here but this is making the mouse insane.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When is the last time you seen us Gun toting, freedom loving individuals burn down cities, kill, maim, loot, etc. Its not like they're going after peaceful protestors. They're going after violent, thug criminals

True words there, brother. And what we know is only what we're being told.

But let's not forget Wako and RR among others.

Jonny Reno and a whole lot of others never had to answer for their decisions. This isn't a brand new concept nor tactic.

The Portland situation is easy for me to dismiss. But my mistake would be to think that the pendulum won't swing at me sometime soon.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    But but but no one has seen that. It can not be true. No one is getting shot.

Crap. I was not going to post in here but this is making the mouse insane.

Of course the media isn't going to cover it since it damages the narrative Cops bad Republicans racist.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    When I found out that the "fireworks" were homemade bombs with BB's layered around them and officers were injured, well, I'm actually OK with shooting back.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    HMriCVL.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I’m just curious of the sentiment here. Maybe it’s posted elsewhere, if so please direct me.

Do you guys consent to deploying a special squad to “handle” some misdemeanor level crime (if crime at all) on unarmed citizens trying to protest?

You don’t have to agree with the protesting, but do you agree with the use of these tactics?

To me, this is a bit overreaching. I mean let’s say gun control starts being debated and there’s a threat of taking away guns. Does this not set precedence for the federal government to override states and deploy special forces against gun-rights activists?

This just seems very Orwellian to me.

Curious to your thoughts.

They've treated the right this way for years, now the left is getting to experience how the right has been treated.

And I'm supposed to somehow be outraged that the left is finally getting equal treatment? :rolleyes:

Federal troops should have been on the streets the second this was allowed to happen:
    kuJnKQ0.jpg

This isn't a protest, get it through your skull.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    At the risk of being that reactionary guy, I'm going to go ahead and comment.

I no longer consider what has been occurring in Portland or Seattle simply rioting or protesting. It is objectively insurrection. The question is not am I okay with some " special squads " arresting persons committing crimes; but rather why is my government not rounding up to the insurrectionist and charging them appropriately for actions against their nation.

It is my sincere hope that our wonderful surveillance capabilities based upon the gutted Fourth amendment,, has been used over the last few weeks to identify those who are dangerous to the republic and they are now being picked up.

I am perfectly okay with persons being apprehended, charged, tried and if convicted incarcerated for the actions they have taken against our nation, against property, and most certainly against our fellow citizens.

There are those both on this forum, and most certainly in the mainstream media, who have portrayed the arrests in Portland as some kind of Nazi brown shirt squad snatching people off the streets. I have yet to see evidence of this. We will know once court records and charging documents are reviewed what the persons apprehended are charged with, and we can all watch along as a trial progresses.

If I have any disagreements with the actions taken to date, it is almost entirely related to dress. Though seemingly trivial I do believe are military has a right to be concerned. Those acting in a law enforcement capacity should be visibly separate from our military. Don't send law enforcement out in current or past military fatigues which allows the media to conflate police action with military action. I would be much happier if the Federal law enforcement were wearing readily identifiable police, Marshall, LEO markings in non-obvious military fatigues.

There is also an argument to be made that Chicago has broken down to the point where law and order is no longer being maintained by the current civil government. I don't know the answer but at some point I would expect the federal government to be forced to step in to protect life and property when the current local or state government is no longer willing to. To me this starts initially with protection of federal property, and ultimately with a declaration of martial law. Alternatively the insurrection act is invoked and you go after those specifically opposing the basic tenets of the government of the United States.

I believe we are blissfully and wonderfully fortunate to live in Indiana. My distaste for mask mandates etc are trivial compared to what Portland Seattle Minneapolis and Atlanta have experienced. As patriotic Americans I hope we can all agree that our goals need to be to elect constitutionalist, identify those elements which have chosen to act against the interest of the United States, and set this State and nation back on a path based upon freedom individual liberty responsibility and accountability.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Violent communist separatists are attempting to breach and burn down federal buildings while traitor city governments and police stand by and cheer for them. This seems like exactly what we have federal law enforcement agencies to deal with.

If Portland or Seattle or Chicago did their damn jobs instead of cheering for the Marxists to come guillotine them, we wouldn't be in this situation. Either the feds restore sanity and order or we're all living in CHAZ this time next year.

Top Bottom