• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Sadly I got family members still going to Disney and encouraging others to go because it’s such a great and wonderful place. Then they go to church. It’s like watching people drinking from a cup and missing their mouth and still don’t know it.
    Our preacher rants and raves on the Mouse from time to time.

And people from our church, solid people, still go.

We had been planning to go when the kids got a little older, but then the past 3-5 years happened.

We’re heading down to Orlando during Fall Break. Universal and the Space Center, here we come!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy

That's why I always wear long pants in places like that ('specially when going commando)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My friends took their daughter to Disney in Orlando many years ago. Apparently, the "special" Disney hotel had so much stuff that she would have been happy just staying there and they wouldn't even have had to pay for the park.

That said, they did the park thing and paid an extra $50 (at the time) per head for the "Princess Dinner." This was a dinner where every round table had a separate Disney princess sit and entertain the kids. My buddy said that the girl who did their princess was absolutely fantastic in her role. His daughter loved that!

For those interested I was curious about the prices. An extremely basic tour of Disney's website shows that it isn't that expensive, depending upon what you do.

So, for the "I want to control everything myself" crowd it's a flat $109 / day / head, nothing else included. That gets you in the park.

For the "I just want to visit for a few days" folks it's $396 / head for a four (4) day pass. All days must be used very quickly, so basically within a week. I believe the pass is good for one (1) day at each park, but double check my work.

For the "I want the full Disney experience" gang it AVERAGES $4,500. That is a five (5) day pass that can be used one (1) time at each theme park along with five (5) days at a Disney lodge. I picked the Wilderness Lodge that has a lot there. They all do. From the looks of it you could go cheaper at about $4k up to around $8k for a two (2) room suite. There were cabins and others that were not available to the dates I chose to compare so the price may go even higher. The rate includes two (2) adults and I don't see a number limit for the kids.

Note that all fares seem to be flat rate down to age three (3) so most folks won't be able to wrangle out a kiddie rate as their isn't one. For a theme park designed to cater to kids this makes sense business wise.

So while it looks like expenses could wrack up you could also go for a day or so on the cheap getting in for a little over $100 per day.

For note we never went. My folks didn't have the time or money. Our day trip was to Cedar Point and King's Island.

Regards,

Doug

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My friends took their daughter to Disney in Orlando many years ago. Apparently, the "special" Disney hotel had so much stuff that she would have been happy just staying there and they wouldn't even have had to pay for the park.

That said, they did the park thing and paid an extra $50 (at the time) per head for the "Princess Dinner." This was a dinner where every round table had a separate Disney princess sit and entertain the kids. My buddy said that the girl who did their princess was absolutely fantastic in her role. His daughter loved that!

For those interested I was curious about the prices. An extremely basic tour of Disney's website shows that it isn't that expensive, depending upon what you do.

So, for the "I want to control everything myself" crowd it's a flat $109 / day / head, nothing else included. That gets you in the park.

For the "I just want to visit for a few days" folks it's $396 / head for a four (4) day pass. All days must be used very quickly, so basically within a week. I believe the pass is good for one (1) day at each park, but double check my work.

For the "I want the full Disney experience" gang it AVERAGES $4,500. That is a five (5) day pass that can be used one (1) time at each theme park along with five (5) days at a Disney lodge. I picked the Wilderness Lodge that has a lot there. They all do. From the looks of it you could go cheaper at about $4k up to around $8k for a two (2) room suite. There were cabins and others that were not available to the dates I chose to compare so the price may go even higher. The rate includes two (2) adults and I don't see a number limit for the kids.

Note that all fares seem to be flat rate down to age three (3) so most folks won't be able to wrangle out a kiddie rate as their isn't one. For a theme park designed to cater to kids this makes sense business wise.

So while it looks like expenses could wrack up you could also go for a day or so on the cheap getting in for a little over $100 per day.

For note we never went. My folks didn't have the time or money. Our day trip was to Cedar Point and King's Island.

Regards,

Doug
    Two thoughts. First, As I recall when the wife and I went 20ish years ago the 4 day pass can be used at any/all parks. Down to the day. I dont think that has changed. So for instance Disney on Monday. Tuesday Epcot. Wednesday skip Disney for other stuff. Thursday Epcot in the AM and Animal kingdom in the PM. Friday Disney in the AM and Epcot in the PM.

And we stayed at the Pop Culture resort. Very affordable and basically a Motel level with exterior doors/open balconies. Clean and basic, walking distance to the food court, and outdoor pools.

Second thought, and I think this is a huge mistake, is that Disney is part of a larger system of Hollywood studios. The parent studio has been putting out totally kid inappropriate movies for years, but nobody "noticed" because they were not released under the "Disney" brand. I think the mistake is they are starting to release those hostile movies under the Disney brand.

If a parent saw a cartoon like the recently released one by Searchlight, they wouldnt give it a second thought. And probably wouldnt think about taking their kids to see it. But sadly, lazy parents will see the Disney name and assume its appropriate. Whether they are releasing inappropriate movies on purpose I cant say. But I wouldnt put it past them. Just saying its not a slam dunk. And I know thats not probably going to be a popular opinion here. And thats fine. Just playing devil's advocate.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not the only one to notice...

And if I’m going, I want the Disney princesses to look somewhat like the princesses. And that includes only hiring actresses with the same body type.

Just like I wouldn’t want to see Ursula from little mermaid cast as a size zero.

Top Bottom