• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Disney continues to become more and more extreme left wing (although they've been going very much in that direction for at least 10+ years.) I really don't understand why anyone goes to their overpriced and crowded parks, especially since they spend every corporate dollar trying to destroy America and freedom. I've been to WDW once, and found it extremely expensive, terribly crowded, and absolutely not worth the money. And everything involved in WDW was a huge hassle. My daughter had fun, but I let her know "better enjoy it now, because we will never go again."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe look in the mirror about missed points. I am allowed to have a different opinion just as you are.
    "its not a knife"

No, its an analogy. Used to illustrate a point. Something you are clearly unwilling to understand by that statement.

Kut it out. :):

KomradeEli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Castleton (NE Indy)
    In my opinion, political stuff aside even, Universal Studios is much more family friendly anyways. They have a great ride swap program for parents. Disney’s is ridiculously bad and makes for a horrible experience if you have toddlers or babies.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    In my opinion, political stuff aside even, Universal Studios is much more family friendly anyways. They have a great ride swap program for parents. Disney’s is ridiculously bad and makes for a horrible experience if you have toddlers or babies.
    I think any theme park is difficult with smaller children anyways and you almost need a 1:1 adult to child ratio just to cope with little ones without derailing the entire party or family vacation. I have still to visit Universal in Orlando but keep meaning to. I do kind of hope it's a more pleasant experience than WDW because between ticket prices and as mentioned the ride swapping and also now even line skipping programs have become unmanageable and WDW has monetized them just like everything else to extract as much money as possible from it's guests. And the problem is if it proves successful other parks will follow suit.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Make you wonder, if they go under while the current administration is in power, if they'll get a bailout?

I think they’re safe. While I’d love for them to go broke going woke, I really don’t believe there’s that critical mass of people that will forego their pilgrimage to the mouse’s house or drop all the other Disney related products to bring them to their knees.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I think they’re safe. While I’d love for them to go broke going woke, I really don’t believe there’s that critical mass of people that will forego their pilgrimage to the mouse’s house or drop all the other Disney related products to bring them to their knees.
    And it's not just the parks - people don't often realize how much Disney owns. Besides quintessentially Disney films, The Walt Disney Company owns LucasFilms which is all the Star Wars properties, Marvel which is all the superhero properties, and Pixar. They also own ABC, ESPN, Fox, A&E, History, Lifetime, Touchstone Pictures, and a whole handful of other common networks and production companies not necessarily recognized as 'Disneyesque' but nonetheless successful and profitable ventures. They also co-own a number of other production companies with anything from 10-50% stake so if TWDC goes under it would likely sink these others as well. So unless you're Amish chances are good no Disney would have at least some impact on your life.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And it's not just the parks - people don't often realize how much Disney owns. Besides quintessentially Disney films, The Walt Disney Company owns LucasFilms which is all the Star Wars properties, Marvel which is all the superhero properties, and Pixar. They also own ABC, ESPN, Fox, A&E, History, Lifetime, Touchstone Pictures, and a whole handful of other common networks and production companies not necessarily recognized as 'Disneyesque' but nonetheless successful and profitable ventures. They also co-own a number of other production companies with anything from 10-50% stake so if TWDC goes under it would likely sink these others as well. So unless you're Amish chances are good no Disney would have at least some impact on your life.
    And if they were hit hard enough to just shut down the Disney parks and were able to keep the subsidiaries open mainly because most people dont know who owns them, they'll just blame it on Covid.

Reactions: Leo

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

The one thing bigger than Disney is social media. If social media turns against them, well...

FYI - It's pretty easy for me not to patronize Disney. Even before the woke, they either had me outpriced or just not a fan of the lion's share of their purview anyway.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    As a grandfather of 6, disney corp. is dead to us. No more trips, no more subscriptions, no movies, no publications. We have maintained some of the old books and toys from my wife's childhood. Other than some familiar character images, there is now very little similar to the wholesome ideals of Walt Disney.

I refuse to pay the current disney corp staff to undermine sound moral principles and indoctrinate our kids.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Producer for Gay Teen Romance Comedy Says Series’ Move to Disney+ ‘Expands Our Audience in a Really Exciting Way’​

Last edited:
    Top Bottom