Is ballot harvesting (collection) legal in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Election season goes back to Election Day prescribed in the constitution.
    Agreed
    Voter ID.
    Agreed
    No mail in voting.
    Agreed, other than absentee voting with excuse
    No internet connection to voting and tabulation machines.
    Agreed
    No private funding of public specific election offices.
    Agreed
    Real time results and data open source for anyone to review.
    Eh, idunno about this one. It depends on what you mean by "real time" results and "data". You're not going to get "real time" tallies if the tally machines aren't connected to the internet. You can get latest tallies though, if that's what you mean. And what data is supposed to be open? Tallies? Because that's pretty much all that could be revealed. They don't get to reveal who voted for whom or what.

If you're getting at timely tallies, I completely agree. This is what we used to have before we started having election seasons rather than an election day. If we resolve that problem, then we'll have timely tallies again.

Voting machine and other equipment algorithms open source code. (This is currently proprietary and private.)
    Agreed

There is a quick start. Many if these things are being implemented in red states but not in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, NV, and other swing states where they need to be. As I have posted in other threads it does not take much to flip an election.
    I agree that all the above would solve a lot of problems, but I also think it would require a constitutional amendment to enforce it nationwide.

ETA: or, get AF governors elected in those states. If they could do what DeSantis did in FLA to clean up elections, then we could have fair elections in this country. Or at least fair enough not to influence the outcomes at a national level.

So many. even here, believe this involves massive amounts of votes in the millions and more. Not the case, I looked this up many years ago but it makes the point, Obummer beat Romney in what was termed a landslide. That so called landslide was 300,000ish votes over five states. Yep, 60,000 votes out of a couple of million total votes per state was a landslide. That knowledge led to a change of thinking on my part about election fraud and what it could do.

You didn't have go back that far. The 2016 election was a more recent case in point, and even by much fewer votes. That 2016 so-called landslide, was a little over 100K over 3 states. If Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania would have gone to Clinton, she'd have won.

Last edited:

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I do what I can to fight what is happening in our country. The 2020 election outcome could have been changed if the people demanded it but the @jamil types demand not actual evidence, but “evidence” in the form of of the MSM reporting it and or winning a court case in a corrupt legal system.

The evidence is there for anyone to see if they will…

You are doing the 100% opposite here, and trying to justify it.

This post is limited to your response and the negative effects from it. No one else's post is really relevant to that. Bringing other topics in is an attempt to deflect.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The people are getting what they deserve, and so are many on INGO. It is all posted on INGO already but when the standard of proof is CNN not going to happen.
    Who used CNN as the standard of proof? Where are the receipts? Is the printer out of ink? :dunno:

But anyway, I don't think this thread is about that. It's about canvassing, which is the retarded democrat way of saying ballot harvesting.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do what I can to fight what is happening in our country. The 2020 election outcome could have been changed if the people demanded it but the @jamil types demand not actual evidence, but “evidence” in the form of of the MSM reporting it and or winning a court case in a corrupt legal system.

The evidence is there for anyone to see if they will…
    I mean. I just want actual proof. Receipts. Not unsourced claims from partisan "news" outlets. No one is claiming that it needs to come from MSM reporting. No one is claiming to believe them either. I just find your sources lack due credibility for the claims they're making. Kraken level claims require Kraken level evidence.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And here's what I mean by sufficient evidence. Kari Lake has been through the courts with her receipts and have had them validated. She proved that the things she claimed were true in court. The court, of course, robbed her constituents of justice by requiring that she prove intent. And we'll see how that story plays out now with the signatures, since higher courts have ruled on that.

Do you have such receipts for 2020?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The work begins in each one's locale. Volunteering to work the polls is something people can do to help insure valid elections. If as has been inferred, all three branches of government are corrupt, Liberty's torch is already extinguished.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    The work begins in each one's locale. Volunteering to work the polls is something people can do to help insure valid elections. If as has been inferred, all three branches of government are corrupt, Liberty's torch is already extinguished.

Are you offering to get together and work a polling location? I'm up for it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Are you offering to get together and work a polling location? I'm up for it.
    I did it for some time and my spouse did it for much longer. Situations in our lives have made it too difficult. One thing I always believed is that "I can't change the world, but I can make a difference!"

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I did it for some time and my spouse did it for much longer. Situations in our lives have made it too difficult. One thing I always believed is that "I can't change the world, but I can make a difference!"

So what is in your power to do? I'm honestly looking for ideas.

The lack of any interest here is beyond description. The active discouragement of taking any action is simply crabs in a bucket. I can't think of a more polite way to put it.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    There are some good solutions in the thread. There is also some circular firing squad.

First and foremost, the people have to hold the states accountable since the Secretaries of State oversee the elections.

The party apparatchik in each state needs to feel the heat of the constituents to ensure that there is integrity in the process, efficiency in running elections and proficiency in holding firm to what is right by the rule of the law.

That means that Republicans need to be on their toes and ready and take on whatever bovine scatology comes from their respective Statehouses.

Citizens should not put up with Secretaries of State allowing the segregation of ballots. Citizens should not put up with ballot curing - the process by which people that fill out ballots incorrectly are allowed to amend those ballots after they have been submitted. Citizens should not put up with elected officials changing election rules 48 hours before an election and their representatives need to have the guts to take a stand.

Ballot harvesting should be illegal. Sending ballots to ignorant people with an indicator or mark on the individual that should get the vote should be illegal. Sending blank ballots out to people going door to door and showing individuals how to fill them out should not be permitted.

Ballot procuring should be illegal too. People should not be registered to vote every single time they come in contact with State, Local or Federal Gov't. Big Tech needs to stay out of voter registration as does corporate American and the media. I think people are registering multiple times to vote and are getting multiple mail in ballots, filling out and submitting those ballots and having those ballots counted in certain precincts. Example, get asked if they have registered at the BMV or SS office, then get AARP or WIC Literature in the mail helping them register to vote, then Facebook and Google pushing them to register, then commercials on registering, and soon enough they've registered six or seven times and get six or seven "mail-in" ballots that all get filled out and submitted and next thing you know, they have voted six or seven times and not left their residence.

Voting season needs to go away.

Right now, the great concern is that these stunts are able to be pulled off in Senate, Governor and Presidential Races because the "count" is statewide. This may happen in purple congressional districts, but the easiest way to execute the above is for the big races where the concrete jungle drowns out the rural vote.

I do not see voting season going away. Too many that are afraid of being called bigoted and don't have the balls to say, "ENOUGH," because people don't want to wait to vote. I hate that Democrats no longer debate, no longer have a party platform, no longer worry about their candidates because all that matters to them are the ballots. And if Republicans do not find a way to play the game then it does not matter who is on the ticket, the machine will just pump out more ballots.

And as much as I appreciate the Electoral College and believe in it's merit and intent at the Constitutional Convention, it appears that there are five centers of Presidential Election power in the Nation - the suburban counties of Philadelphia, Detroit, Milwaukee, Atlanta and Phoenix. In 2024, that will be 71 Electoral votes, that right there is the ball game.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    There are some good solutions in the thread. There is also some circular firing squad.

First and foremost, the people have to hold the states accountable since the Secretaries of State oversee the elections.

The party apparatchik in each state needs to feel the heat of the constituents to ensure that there is integrity in the process, efficiency in running elections and proficiency in holding firm to what is right by the rule of the law.

That means that Republicans need to be on their toes and ready and take on whatever bovine scatology comes from their respective Statehouses.

Citizens should not put up with Secretaries of State allowing the segregation of ballots. Citizens should not put up with ballot curing - the process by which people that fill out ballots incorrectly are allowed to amend those ballots after they have been submitted. Citizens should not put up with elected officials changing election rules 48 hours before an election and their representatives need to have the guts to take a stand.

Ballot harvesting should be illegal. Sending ballots to ignorant people with an indicator or mark on the individual that should get the vote should be illegal. Sending blank ballots out to people going door to door and showing individuals how to fill them out should not be permitted.

Ballot procuring should be illegal too. People should not be registered to vote every single time they come in contact with State, Local or Federal Gov't. Big Tech needs to stay out of voter registration as does corporate American and the media. I think people are registering multiple times to vote and are getting multiple mail in ballots, filling out and submitting those ballots and having those ballots counted in certain precincts. Example, get asked if they have registered at the BMV or SS office, then get AARP or WIC Literature in the mail helping them register to vote, then Facebook and Google pushing them to register, then commercials on registering, and soon enough they've registered six or seven times and get six or seven "mail-in" ballots that all get filled out and submitted and next thing you know, they have voted six or seven times and not left their residence.

Voting season needs to go away.

Right now, the great concern is that these stunts are able to be pulled off in Senate, Governor and Presidential Races because the "count" is statewide. This may happen in purple congressional districts, but the easiest way to execute the above is for the big races where the concrete jungle drowns out the rural vote.

I do not see voting season going away. Too many that are afraid of being called bigoted and don't have the balls to say, "ENOUGH," because people don't want to wait to vote. I hate that Democrats no longer debate, no longer have a party platform, no longer worry about their candidates because all that matters to them are the ballots. And if Republicans do not find a way to play the game then it does not matter who is on the ticket, the machine will just pump out more ballots.

And as much as I appreciate the Electoral College and believe in it's merit and intent at the Constitutional Convention, it appears that there are five centers of Presidential Election power in the Nation - the suburban counties of Philadelphia, Detroit, Milwaukee, Atlanta and Phoenix. In 2024, that will be 71 Electoral votes, that right there is the ball game.
    All good talking points. What physical limitations would you put on the citizens to enforce these points you have listed?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    So what is in your power to do? I'm honestly looking for ideas.

The lack of any interest here is beyond description. The active discouragement of taking any action is simply crabs in a bucket. I can't think of a more polite way to put it.
    I and my wife did our duty. I had to pass the torch. I now vote and contact my legislators.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    All good talking points. What physical limitations would you put on the citizens to enforce these points you have listed?
    1. ID must be shown to vote.
    2. Voter rolls must be completely purged, 100%.
    3. Have a designated time period to re-register every voter every two years. At the local level, it can only be done when property taxes are paid. If people rent, then it can be done at the state level, through license plate renewal. It can also be done at the Federal Level, with the filing of income taxes. One system, one database, one roll and zero commingling. If a person cannot own property, drive, or pay taxes, they should not get to vote. I would prefer this to be handled at the local and state levels but realize that is not always possible.
    4. If someone moves, they have the same timeline to register to vote as they do file their homestead exemption. If they rent, they must either register when getting their plates renewed or filing their income taxes. They can be diligent to do either. This is not a penalty for not owning a home.
    5. Make Election Day a Federal Holiday.
    6. Encourage citizens to help at the polls by giving them a $500 tax credit upon the filing of income taxes for each of the two six-hour (0600-1200, 1200-1800) voting windows at the polling station. They can work one, the other or both.
    7. Only the military or the infirmed can vote absentee. If someone misses the deadline they miss the deadline. A line must be drawn somewhere.
    8. Nursing homes, assisted care, people that live in apartments can abide by this just like everyone else. If the County needs to set up on site at the nursing home, facility or complex, then registration can be done by wing, block, alphabetical, etc. But the deadline must be met.

For the individuals that say the logistics of this is impossible, give people deadlines and they will meet them if it means enough to them.

People on welfare, in government housing, receiving government cheese, Medicaid or on WIC get one two-year cycle to vote in that circumstance. If they have not improved their circumstance to meet the above criteria, then they do not get a second opportunity to vote as a ward of the state. Personally, I would not give them the two-year cycle, because they have already had their two-year cycle, but I want to promote upward mobility, and that is as grass roots upward mobility as it gets.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    1. ID must be shown to vote.
    2. Voter rolls must be completely purged, 100%.
    3. Have a designated time period to re-register every voter every two years. At the local level, it can only be done when property taxes are paid. If people rent, then it can be done at the state level, through license plate renewal. It can also be done at the Federal Level, with the filing of income taxes. One system, one database, one roll and zero commingling. If a person cannot own property, drive, or pay taxes, they should not get to vote. I would prefer this to be handled at the local and state levels but realize that is not always possible.
    4. If someone moves, they have the same timeline to register to vote as they do file their homestead exemption. If they rent, they must either register when getting their plates renewed or filing their income taxes. They can be diligent to do either. This is not a penalty for not owning a home.
    5. Make Election Day a Federal Holiday.
    6. Encourage citizens to help at the polls by giving them a $500 tax credit upon the filing of income taxes for each of the two six-hour (0600-1200, 1200-1800) voting windows at the polling station. They can work one, the other or both.
    7. Only the military or the infirmed can vote absentee. If someone misses the deadline they miss the deadline. A line must be drawn somewhere.
    8. Nursing homes, assisted care, people that live in apartments can abide by this just like everyone else. If the County needs to set up on site at the nursing home, facility or complex, then registration can be done by wing, block, alphabetical, etc. But the deadline must be met.

For the individuals that say the logistics of this is impossible, give people deadlines and they will meet them if it means enough to them.

People on welfare, in government housing, receiving government cheese, Medicaid or on WIC get one two-year cycle to vote in that circumstance. If they have not improved their circumstance to meet the above criteria, then they do not get a second opportunity to vote as a ward of the state. Personally, I would not give them the two-year cycle, because they have already had their two-year cycle, but I want to promote upward mobility, and that is as grass roots upward mobility as it gets.
    I may have poorly worded my question. what limits would you place on the citizens if they saw a need to punish for lack of rule enforcement by the people running the collective election machine? Tar and feather? dragged to the gallows? Have senate hearings to say “yep we caught them, but we don’t have the power to put them away?” Have the local election board investigate and come to the conclusion that rules were broken, but they didn’t rise to the level of punishment because there’s no proof it affected the outcome of the election? Maybe make it clear that the person in charge of the local elections will be responsible for the actions of their subordinates during the election and until the final vote count has been accepted?

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I may have poorly worded my question. what limits would you place on the citizens if they saw a need to punish for lack of rule enforcement by the people running the collective election machine? Tar and feather? dragged to the gallows? Have senate hearings to say “yep we caught them, but we don’t have the power to put them away?” Have the local election board investigate and come to the conclusion that rules were broken, but they didn’t rise to the level of punishment because there’s no proof it affected the outcome of the election? Maybe make it clear that the person in charge of the local elections will be responsible for the actions of their subordinates during the election and until the final vote count has been accepted?
    I believe the individual committing the fraud should have their privilege of voting taken away for good. I believe the chain of command from the County Level to the State Level should be punished. Tar and feather would be nice, but a fine and the punishment of non-governmental grifting by not having a job sucking off the taxpayer teat would be a good start. I believe the State Legislators need to look at what is efficient in their state. If the state Secretary of State is elected, throw the bum out. If the Secretary of State is selected, the burden of responsibility falls upon the Chief Executive of the state.

That would be a start...

Top Bottom