Is ballot harvesting (collection) legal in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I've been watching Tim Pool lately (https://timcast.com/) and one of the topics he discusses is legal ballot harvesting being a significant way that democrats get votes.

Basically it is the legal practice of getting absentee voters' ballots to the collection points.

There's a closely related idea of literally giving rides to people (who are unable to physically get to the polls) to the polls.

If legal, would it be ridiculous to organize an effort in different parts of Indiana?

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    It's interesting how many people will speak up about democrats cheating / engaging in fraud / manipulating the system to win elections. However, when there is a post talking about taking action there is absolutely zero response.

This is why I believe this we, as a nation, are doomed. Lots of people to comment, or complain, about what is bad. Nearly no one willing to take action to keep what we have.

It makes me sad.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Republicans are way behind in this part of the ground game of politics, it's typically been the preserve of political machine candidates. At the very least they need to be watching the other side closely, but it's tough when big media shrilly denounces any questions about this as "minority voter suppression".

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It's interesting how many people will speak up about democrats cheating / engaging in fraud / manipulating the system to win elections. However, when there is a post talking about taking action there is absolutely zero response.

This is why I believe this we, as a nation, are doomed. Lots of people to comment, or complain, about what is bad. Nearly no one willing to take action to keep what we have.

It makes me sad.
    Are you talking about drop boxes?

Giving rides to the polls is allowed.

If you meet certain criteria I believe they will send people to your house to help you vote.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've been watching Tim Pool lately (https://timcast.com/) and one of the topics he discusses is legal ballot harvesting being a significant way that democrats get votes.

Basically it is the legal practice of getting absentee voters' ballots to the collection points.

There's a closely related idea of literally giving rides to people (who are unable to physically get to the polls) to the polls.

If legal, would it be ridiculous to organize an effort in different parts of Indiana?
    Dems have done that kind of harvesting for years. Bussing in homeless people. But now, with mail-in ballots, and an election season rather than election day, it’s a different game in states that allow it.

They don’t have to bring people to the polls. They canvass for ballots. Some states allow such people to collect the ballots and turn them in at collection boxes on behalf of the voter. Those voters who probably wouldn’t have voted, get pressured by “canvassers” to vote.

But that’s not available in Indiana. Legally.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Indiana has decent voting laws IMO. That said I think there are issues like limited voting locations in populated areas, like Marion county. There should be a requirement that the number of voting locations reflects the number of people in an area.

The fact that that sites like these exist makes me think we are not doing terrible.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Signed into law 2021…now a corrupt supervisor and guess you still have problems. But sounds like they have to do rather than a 3rd party that we all know is adding to it when they pick up and drop off. Oh say it isn’t so. 586943D1-7F49-47DF-B365-672C661E6E08.jpeg

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Republicans are way behind in this part of the ground game of politics, it's typically been the preserve of political machine candidates. At the very least they need to be watching the other side closely, but it's tough when big media shrilly denounces any questions about this as "minority voter suppression".
    In current conservative political discourse, there finally seems to be a growing recognition and acceptance of the idea that Republicans must become engaged in these types of efforts to turn out voters.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

It makes me sad.
    It is far easier to complain than to take action. That's why so many gun owners aren't members of a national and state level pro-2A association. When asked, they always come up with more complaints to reinforce their laziness. Cheating has always been a part of elections and likely always will. Nobody wants to seriously rock the boat.

N9Zero

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    Cass County
    I see your point and how it correlates with the 2016 election in Ohio's shadow app that came out of bootedgedge's office and all the fake coin tosses too was a facepalm moment for me.
    Debbie Wasserman Schultz with "fractional voting"

Both sides have different tactics if you can recall how Bush won Florida was when turtleman Mitch Mcconnell sent out prefilled ballots to Florida.

2024 is going to be an interesting election forsure.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Republicans are way behind in this part of the ground game of politics,
    This has s true and may be insurmountable. Hypothetically let’s say mail-in voting was all over the country. The dems that control the education system, thereby creating thousands of foot soldiers to affect their plan, where do republicans get that volume of dedicated worker bees?

Republicans by their nature already work to get grandma to the polls, but it is hard to compete with a 300 bed nursing home that votes 99% dem because a worker or two requested ballots for all the residents, filled them out, turned them in.

Then I recently posted an article about leftists planning on putting nearly billion dollar private donations, into non-profits that give the money and the strings to local election offices in dem areas, ostensibly to get out the vote. Some states are making this illegal as it does not pass equal protection, but it is not in any swing state.

There is a lot to overcome here, not just getting out the vote…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Cheating has always been a part of elections and likely always will. Nobody wants to seriously rock the boat.
    This still minimizes what is going on. Cheating of the past rarely Presidential races. The big difference is the cheating is exponentially greater because technology allows it to be done bigger and more efficiently.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This still minimizes what is going on. Cheating of the past rarely Presidential races. The big difference is the cheating is exponentially greater because technology allows it to be done bigger and more efficiently.
    Nobody has ever come out with any real proof of election fraud on a grand scale and nobody likely ever will. We're turning into a third world society.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think the mail in ballots are in what I would call "elastic legality". There is election cheating, and it's been around a long time like BE Mike says. What we have today is more organized and is quasi legal, or at least legal enough that big media can denounce vociferously anybody who questions it as vote suppression apostates. The 300 bed nursing home is a good example, an employee working there just requests, collects, and fills out the ballots, maybe even dropping them off at the ballot box. Realistically this is one person, likely paid, casting 300 votes. It's not legal when you define it this way, but "elastic legality " allows it to be defined differently, and big media picks up it's cudgel and beats any disagreement into the ground.

It's going to be tough to figure a way to stop this but if it isn't stopped you will never see another republican president or senate majority.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nobody has ever come out with any real proof of election fraud on a grand scale and nobody likely ever will. We're turning into a third world society.
    The same forensic data examiners the SEC and FBI have used to detect securities fraud found fraud in the 2020 election in several states. That is reliable enough to get deep dive investigations, search warrants, and arrest warrants in securities fraud but not election fraud. Your quote just perpetuates the lie TPTB put out to the dumbmasses…

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Winning is all that matters. Losers don’t make the rules. Integrity and honesty will guarantee you second place. At least when it comes to American elections.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Election fraud doesn't want to be visible to do it's job. It's really only useful in a close election and again you see the "elastic legality" of statements acknowledging the fraud but questioning it's relevance. Getting the chosen candidate over the line is the objective, even if that's by only 1 vote.

Top Bottom